First Outdoor Grow, Looking For Tips

BadfishGanja

Hey everybody, this is my first year growing, and although I would say I have a decent amount of knowledge to start with, every little extra bit of info helps in the long run! So, I will provide as many details as I can on what I have and intend to do, and from there I hope to get some good advice.

I'll be growing outdoors, right in the middle of the Oregon coast. The spot I have selected is private and pretty well surrounded by blackberry bushes, tall grass, and stinging nettle, so I don't think stealth is too big of an issue. The only problem with the spot would be the soil, which has a pretty high clay content. To fix this I've already mixed some sand of peat moss into it, and I'm digging down atleast two feet and mixing in some all-organic soil mix I made (which contains some dark compost, pearlite, starting fert, high-peat potting soil, worm castings, aged chicken and rabbit droppings, elk droppings, and worms). I'm thinking ten gallons to mix into a space approximately 4.5'x7' should work? I have about three spots that size, two slightly smaller than one space, and the elk droppings I wanted to put down deeper than everything else (at the bottom of the holes I dig) so the roots will absorb it's high N content during veg, good idea? Water won't be an issue, nor will sun. I have kelp concentrate and bone meal to use later in flowering, right about that? I don't think nuts wills be hard to find, but I'll also be to sure to be wary of not over doing it! As for seeds, I have Trainwreck, Purple Afgooey, Pink Citrus, a single Pineapple seed, and a lot of an unknown strain.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide, planting in a month! :)

In Oregon, and I know this from NCW my Oregonian friend, RH is the main concern as it causes bud rot on almost every plant which is not used to such conditions. Trainwreck is pretty immune for that though and finishes very quickly. Good luck.

Yeah, that was a big concern for me too. Guess I forgot to mention that I'm building a quick frame greenhouse right before the rainy season, is there any way I could make it drier inside than out, without electricity?

Having a greenhouse will help a lot with the mold. Keep vents open wide or even both ends , but it keeps the rain off. A lot depends on the strain whether it's mold resistant and it's flowering time. I prefer to go with autos outdoors because of wet falls. I would dig some lime in to that soil as well. And maybe add even more than ten gallons of your mix to the clay soil but you're the best judge of how it looks. Watch out for deer

It's gonna be very hard without electricity.

Alright, so I will try that on the greenhouse, and go with your recommendations of lime and extra 'good shit'. As for auto flowering, I really tried to find some seeds but failed to, until just this very morning when I popped a single seed out some ATF I have, and as I've read it does have Ruderalis genetics correct? So I'm guessing outdoors, it should flower early, but not all that much right? But screw electricity, maybe I can get better overall results that way, but I'd rather be as natural as possible :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom