First Outdoor Grow - Single Plant

surf420

after a few indoor grows, im moving outdoors to use that big free grow light in the sky. single plant, been outside for little over a month so far, already topped it once. plan on taking a cutting and moving that to 12/12 to find out that shes a she i hope! ill post some pics of the grow thus far and update once a week or so from here on out. in a 3 gallon bucket right now until i find a permenant home for her. no nutes so far, but will start with some gh nutes soon. lets pray shes a lady!

IMG_085816.JPG

IMG_086318.JPG

IMG_086816.JPG

IMG_08898.JPG

IMG_09269.JPG

IMG_094013.JPG

plant is growing strong and looking good, except there seems to be some pest damage now. theyre little circular holes in the plant. they dont go all the way through the leaf, just the green part so the hole is transclucent. one leaf got it pretty bad and is now drying out and dying. any idea on whats doing it? cant find any pests actually on the plant.

also...its a girl! preflowers everywhere, stoked

plant is growing strong and looking good, except there seems to be some pest damage now. theyre little circular holes in the plant. they dont go all the way through the leaf, just the green part so the hole is transclucent. one leaf got it pretty bad and is now drying out and dying. any idea on whats doing it? cant find any pests actually on the plant.

also...its a girl! preflowers everywhere, stoked

I can see pest damage on the plant nearby on the pictures, make sure to treat the surrounding plants as well. Looked almost like grasshopper damage to me, a little late for introducing a preying mantis, but that would be the best solution. I have heard about using sprays as well such as hot peppers and such, here's a recipe a friend said he has used, taken from golden harvest organics web page.
Garlic Oil Spray
To make: Combine 3 ounces of minced garlic cloves with 1 ounce of mineral oil. Let soak for 24 hours or longer. Strain.
Next mix 1 teaspoon of fish emulsion with 16 ounces of water. Add 1 tablespoon of castile soap to this.
Now slowly combine the fish emulsion water with the garlic oil. Kept in a sealed glass container this mixture will stay viable for several months. To use: Mix 2 tablespoons of garlic oil with 1 pint of water and spray.

I would personally not spray it on my plant, but possibly around it on other plants. I also read about traps, check out golden harvest they have a great readGrasshopper Control

thanks man, i will try that recipe. i pulled the plant out of that area for a couple days, and to transplant into a bigger pot. im gonna treat that whole area for a few days with that spray before moving her back there. thanks for the help! fed the first dose of nutes the other day and she loved it, secondary shoots are all taking off and getting very bushy. will have a pic update in the next couple days

yea those plants are for cover. i did a garlic/hot pepper spray and soaked the whole area, there is still a little pest damage here and there but definitly alot less than before. shes about 3.5 feet tall now, bushy as hell and has preflowers all over. have only gave nutes once so far, shes still in a 3gal bucket so i plan on transplanting to a 5g soon with some fresh soil

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom