First outdoor grow

Oh, sorry to hear that newbiegrwer... Do you know what to do with caterpillers? A friend of mine lost half of the harvest last year because of it...

And about the rot problem... nothing to do about it on the outside... Sorry to hear these news...
Anyway, don't get depressed, and as you said, you have what you've learned! Chear up!!

Oh, sorry to hear that newbiegrwer... Do you know what to do with caterpillers? A friend of mine lost half of the harvest last year because of it...

And about the rot problem... nothing to do about it on the outside... Sorry to hear these news...
Anyway, don't get depressed, and as you said, you have what you've learned! Chear up!!
I'm not too upset. Like I said my indoor grow is going so well I could stand to lose the whole outdoor grow but I'll do my best to finish it too because I'll learn from it. As for the catapillars, I'm sure I could have used an insecticide on it but I am really cautious about what I pit on my buds. Don't want to be smoking poison. Go check out the indoor grow though, the thc bomb link in my signature.

Well through inspection with the microscope I determined it was time to harvest the girls. They were at roughly half amber on the trichs. I didn't get a very good harvest. Maybe around 2 oz total when it dries. I did manage to get a few pretty nugs though. I couldn't get my picture of the whole crop but I did get the pretty ones.
20160917_180503.jpg

Hey man! I've been busy with other projects, but I'm half back!
As for caterpillers I don't know how to fight them... But some people say it's important to prevent them instead, and I think some friends used tickle soup (it's a natural insecticide). And about the roots... maybe you should prevent it by controlling the water, it's the best way when you are outdoors, and if you were using pots, you could just remove them from the pot, let the earth dry when you notice that it's wet for too long, but after the root problem... don't know how to do it... Anyway, both are difficult problems IMO, so next time try to see them come before the problem develops.
Waiting for the smoke report!
By the way, how will you dry it and heal it?

Smoke report. After a little curing it has a nice lightly skunky scent and smokes pretty good. The high was mildly sedative and had a short life but works for me because my wife needs some meds for anxiety but is a light weight and gets more anxious thinking about getting, in her words, "too high". Lol. She trips me out some times. So this should work great for her. Now all I have to do is get her to try it. With the final smoke report in I think it's time to retire this thread.

Howd those green beans turn out you used for cover??? With the weather you have good thing you pulled them. Cooler weather starting here and should ripen. Theyre purpling up some!! Thanks for all your help Newbie!
Namaste

Howd those green beans turn out you used for cover??? With the weather you have good thing you pulled them. Cooler weather starting here and should ripen. Theyre purpling up some!! Thanks for all your help Newbie!
Namaste
None of my garden produced enough to make a real meal out of. My corn and beans grew but never produced and the okra has produced a little but hasn't come close to comparing to last year. We all know what the weed did. It's been a hard season for all the commercial veggie growers in my area too. And I don't know how much I've helped you dutch, but thanks.

Back
Top Bottom