First outdoor grow

Hey Newbie, do you know if...... my hood ports are 8" then all my ducting should be 8" and do I run an 8" fan? Or can I run 6' duct and fan with adapters/duct tape at the 8"hoods?
You should run ducting that is large enough to support the cfm your particular set up is going to require. With that being said the larger components cost more money. I'm a fan of saving money so if that means your system requires a cfm that can be facilitated by a 4 in fan then I would go 4 in and adapt to the hood. Same goes for if it requires 6 in. But price it out completely all different ways and weigh your options and pick what feels best.

You should run ducting that is large enough to support the cfm your particular set up is going to require. With that being said the larger components cost more money. I'm a fan of saving money so if that means your system requires a cfm that can be facilitated by a 4 in fan then I would go 4 in and adapt to the hood. Same goes for if it requires 6 in. But price it out completely all different ways and weigh your options and pick what feels best.

The vibe I got from the grow shop was 6" was about as small as Id want to go for a 5'x9' tent I will probably run 8".
Expense...Im not sure if you mean cost of equip. or cost to run or both? Ive also decided Im going to install two damper jacks for intake and exhaust. If I have to run another line for smell later on I will. I got almost all males pulled and all my potted females planted and its hot as heck, but they look fine! I will post pics in a week once its situated. Thanks.

I know I haven't been updating much. My girls are looking nice. When I try to take pics they just blend in to their background. That's the downside of growing inside a wall of beans. I have noticed some increased branching in the upper halves of the plants. And the buds are beginning to develop. Hopefully soon I will have some good bud shots to share.

I know I haven't been updating much. My girls are looking nice. When I try to take pics they just blend in to their background. That's the downside of growing inside a wall of beans. I have noticed some increased branching in the upper halves of the plants. And the buds are beginning to develop. Hopefully soon I will have some good bud shots to share.
Nice to hear all is well newbie! I took these pics a few days ago
20160706_072559.jpg
20160706_071352.jpg
20160705_132152.jpg

I wonder how much those strains smell Newbie??
Right now you can smell them when you're right on top of them but not much. I would imagine later they'll be pretty strong. I get a good coastal breeze here though and my neighbors don't spend a lot of time in their back yards so the wind should carry the smell away pretty nicely. If it gets too strong and I can smell it from the other side of the yard by the neighbors fence lines I will have to do something like spread a bunch of mothballs and dog crap along the fence line or something to confuse their noses. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Pretty cool to see the difference in our grow styles and how our choices and environment made the plants what they are. I get heavy winds every night so my stalks and branches are strong and aren't needing any support yet. I topped just once then been training them to be low.
94a2f3ad8ed7f26b54aedc33ede69b91.jpg

Pretty cool to see the difference in our grow styles and how our choices and environment made the plants what they are. I get heavy winds every night so my stalks and branches are strong and aren't needing any support yet. I topped just once then been training them to be low.
94a2f3ad8ed7f26b54aedc33ede69b91.jpg
Those look awesome redmud. I wish mine got more sun than they do so they would've bushed a little more. Mine turned into trees more than bushes. I also topped a little late. Oh well, lesson learned. Next time I will know better.

Those look awesome redmud. I wish mine got more sun than they do so they would've bushed a little more. Mine turned into trees more than bushes. I also topped a little late. Oh well, lesson learned. Next time I will know better.
Still plenty of summer to go im still thinking they will bush out a bit for you
Looking awesome nice and bushy, light must have a hard time hitting the bottom of those girls.
Its been raining here for two days and not even the rain gets through. When i get the small cover built for them i hope it filters enough light out to get a little bit of stretch to get some air between the buds so they don't rot.

Thanks 4Dutchess are we talking about the same pic, it is the top pic, and there is a little red thing hanging in this pic. That looks to be working awesome. How many plants do you have on the go, you look to be busy for sure.

The cages you see was a 6' roll of fencing I cut in half with a sawzall. I then took the half roll and rolled out 10 squares and cut then made a circle and then put it around the plant. The black poles are old tent poles I wedged for support. The red tags marked the female plant when I still had males a few weeks ago. I was being creative this year. Seen pics of caged plants. Experimenting. I bought bamboo poles from the grow shop I will be adding as they bud but everything else I already had. Making use of it. Again, the cages are nice to train but lets see at harvest. I will take pics the end of July. Theyre going to be monsters! Bought my tent yesterday!!!!! Going inside soon!!! Oh.... the fence roll was already cut in half but I bet 6' high circles would be better.

Back
Top Bottom