First outdoor grow

newbiegrwer

I am starting my first outdoor grow. I started my seeds on 4/4 indoors and I have 6 plants that I just moved to my indoor grow space under 400w mh just until my outdoor spot is ready for them. I am growing Strain Hunters Money Maker. I planted 11 seeds, 3 of which never sprouted, and 2 that sprouted but most likely won't make it. I did at least manage to get 6 good starters though. Fingers crossed, wish me luck.

20160410_134924.jpg

Don't forget to harden them.

I gotta tell you I tried using those natural fiber pots and I lost clones from using them so watch out for droopy yellowing leaves it can kill them quickly.I even tried some cosmos flower seedlings I started in jiffy starters I put three in solo cups and three in jiffy pots the jiffy pot ones died in two days and the solo cup ones grew fast. Just a heads up I think it kills them once the roots start to make contact with the fiber for some reason.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

I did a side by side with fiber pots and solo cups I sprouted some Aster flowers in jiffy starters then put three in solo cups and three in jiffy pots and in three days the jiffy pot ones died and the solo cup ones grew great. I tried everything to keep them alive as well

Glad for that! I lost three of them two White Widows and a Girl scout cookies before I realized what was going on.

That's a way better rate of survival I made a ton of mistakes too over water under water nute burn, deficiencies. I got fungus gnats and spider mites to boot.

That's a way better rate of survival I made a ton of mistakes too over water under water nute burn, deficiencies. I got fungus gnats and spider mites to boot.

My first time around I used those jiffy pellets and kept them way too wet. Then I grew the only survivor dwc indoors and had deficiencies due to ph fluctuations and a little nute burn from pushing the limits. This time I did little Dixie cups with a mixture of mg seedling soil and perlite. Then when I up potted I used some mg organic garden soil. And I am watering with general hydroponics line nutes which they claim can be used in soil mixed into ro water then ph is brought to 7. Amazing how good a teacher experience is. (Even a little experience)

Back
Top Bottom