First plant dying!

night_neo

this is my frist grow:

400 watt hps light on 24/7. The light is about 1.5 feet from the plants
plants grew up good on some time release soil which was JUST replaced with garden magic top soil.
tap water ph level corrected to 6
a constant fan blowing
Temp stays around 75F
Humidity 50%

this is all done in my closet

So I transplanted this one from the time release soil to the garden magic soil 3 days ago. I was watering when the soil was dry and the pot was lighter.

When I transplanted them, I watered the plants good.

So the plant is wilting and I don't know if its from overwatering or lack of nutritious soil? Those pics are from one plant, different angle. The one tip of the bigger leaf has a 1cm area of brown.
kk3.jpg

k12.jpg

I had the same problem as you earlier. It's probably over watered, and what I've been trying now recently seems to work. It's the wet dry method which was suggested to me by Harry Red. Wait until the soil is dry to the touch 2 inches deep. After that you should water it so that the soil is saturated in water and wait until it is dry again like above. I also keep my plants very close to the light and I have had no problems at all since I've started doing these things.

How old is it and have you given any fert? It looks like it has alternating phyllotaxy. When they start to run out of nutrients they take them from the bottom leaves. You may need to give a very light fert. Over fert hits the top of the plant first for future reference.

How old is it and have you given any fert? It looks like it has alternating phyllotaxy. When they start to run out of nutrients they take them from the bottom leaves. You may need to give a very light fert. Over fert hits the top of the plant first for future reference.

I forgot to say I just bought the 3 bottles of foxfarm nutes but haven't used them yet. I didn't want to water them yet because I thought the drooping was from over watering. This plant is close to 5 weeks old.

Btw time released soil isn't bad per se, it's just for people who are too lazy to fertilize their soil on a weekly basis. I'd assume that time released might be better for beginners, as i'm sure an expert could work wonders with it. Brand does make a difference though.

From reading everything that was given, I personally think that it is a mixture of over watering and not having enough nutrients. I'd do what Southern Haze suggested and fertilize it lightly.

It is definitely wet so give it a few days before you fert. The 400 should dry it out pretty quickly. You'll lose the bottom leaves that it has started taking nutrients from. Don't sweat it there will be plenty more. They will just shrivel up and drop off. My first grows were with Scotts Smart Soil which is a time release and actually very good. I had very good success with it. Just because it's got time release fertilizer doesn't mean you don't have to fert.

My first grow I nearly lost all of my NL#5. Someone on a board took the time to help me out and it's been smooth sailing ever since. It's a great hobby. Once you know what to look for, just let the plants tell you what they need. I've really only ever had to look for 3 things -- under feeding, over feeding, and Mg deficiency. Oh, and don't over water!

I watered the plants yesterday and put 1/4 strength of the nutes(bottle in the middle) in with the water.

Fox_Farm_Nutrients.jpg

Today plants look better. There are brown spots on the lower leaves and yellow on the other. Some leaves curled on other plants but this plant isn't drooping like it has the past 3 days.

k23.jpg

Ok so after 2 days and that small dose of nutes with that watering, the plants have gotten bigger.

Here is a week old pic of my closet grow room
k32.jpg

Plant 1.
k41.jpg

k51.jpg

k6.jpg

k7.jpg

Then we have 10 Smaller plants including these five. Look at that one on the bottom right. Why does it look so much different? It was one of the seeds that came from one bag.
k8.jpg

k9.jpg

k10.jpg

Would it be possible for an administrator to move this thread to the journals so I dont have to loose the posts?

All that you need to do is go and start it in the grow journals. You will lose some of what you have but you have a good size amount of plants so people looking shouldnt be a problem. And you will want it to have a better title if your going to put it in a journal so every one knows what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom