First post but hope to become a bit more regular - 2 plants - 1 pot - Limited space?

Walter melon

As stated, I have limited space. I'm in a 36"x36" square tent. I'm planning on my next flower run having 15 plants vegged for 6 weeks. I have a choice of using #1 pots (I think will be too small for a 6 week veg) or 9, 3 gal square pot that will fill the entire footprint of the tent perfectly. Buying #2 pots is not an option as I'll never use them again.
This wasn't a planned expansion and kind of just happened due to some unfortunate circumstances. I'm really just now hammering out the details like , strain, pheno search, crop rotation and schedule.
Thoughts? Ideas ( besides #2 pots)? Remarks?

Re: First post but hope to become a bit more regular. 2 plants, 1 pot, limited space?

Welcome!!! Plenty of experience here in the community with 3x3 grows. In order to help, some more info is needed like what strain, growing medium, lighting, etc.
I grow in a 4x4 and only grow 6 plants, so 15 will be a struggle unless you keep the girls really small. Your canopy will be insane!
Keep the questions coming, stay kind, and I am positive this community will be able to help you!

Re: First post but hope to become a bit more regular. 2 plants, 1 pot, limited space?

I also noticed I posted in the wrong section.... Thanks for the response. I've been growing for about 7 years. Mostly like yourself in a 4x4. Currently I'm running 2 3x3s for flower, veg and clone in a 3x4 closet. Veg and clone are ran off of a 400w mh, 1 flower room is ran with a 600w mh to start flower, then to finish with a 600w viparspectra and 600w bloomspect leds. Obviously lots of ventilation, ac, and a large charcoal filter. I think it's a pretty neat set up. It was just an unplanned expansion based off of an auto accident that put me out of work. Like you said my canopy is fairly dense and try not to top, just run a terminal bud down the top. Once I get the strains and phenos hammered out as to what I'll be running together it should be pretty nice. Chaos right now though.
This particular grow will be with world of seeds Kilimanjaro clones that are very uniform with the grow characteristics I need for this set up, with coco. Using both the flower rooms. It's quite a bit of work moving them, but much better than trimming.

I also noticed I posted in the wrong section.... Thanks for the response. I've been growing for about 7 years. Mostly like yourself in a 4x4. Currently I'm running 2 3x3s for flower, veg and clone in a 3x4 closet. Veg and clone are ran off of a 400w mh, 1 flower room is ran with a 600w mh to start flower, then to finish with a 600w viparspectra and 600w bloomspect leds. Obviously lots of ventilation, ac, and a large charcoal filter. I think it's a pretty neat set up. It was just an unplanned expansion based off of an auto accident that put me out of work. Like you said my canopy is fairly dense and try not to top, just run a terminal bud down the top. Once I get the strains and phenos hammered out as to what I'll be running together it should be pretty nice. Chaos right now though.
This particular grow will be with world of seeds Kilimanjaro clones that are very uniform with the grow characteristics I need for this set up, with coco. Using both the flower rooms. It's quite a bit of work moving them, but much better than trimming.

Given your limited space why wouldn't you fill your tent with a couple of well trained plants? I don't think your yield will be any less.

Re: First post but hope to become a bit more regular - 2 plants - 1 pot - Limited spa

I'm not going to do a scrog yet because of a time crunch and space. I can't keep up with my patients demand. Really I hadn't ever been able keep up. But with me being out of work I've decided to do this full time and make sure my people don't have to get trash from the dispensary. I don't have enough room to add 2 more tents and I'm looking for at least 1lb a month. For those numbers in a scrog I'd need at least 4 tents and quite a bit of start up time. In the future, I may decide to try a scrog or lst, but for now I'm comfortable with sog and I know it works.
Jinx, I may do a journal when I start those. Right now I cracked a few of my own breeding project (thc bomb male x brothers Grimm C-99, and the same male x delta 9 labs mazar). I'm hunting for a good plant to back cross. I've got 2 good sativa dominant C-99 crosses, and 2 good mazar crosses I think may be keepers. I can't keep up with the cloning operation on the little lady's because of the crunch. But the Kilimanjaro, is about 4 weeks from entering the tent.

Back
Top Bottom