First real grow,for my brother

Spike69

2nd Place Plant, and 3rd Place Member of the Month
My brother mover up north to my town from mo.because his seizures were out of control and were gonna kill him.we found 1 of the best medicines was smoke to relax him and his shaking would stop,all around good things.my bro
has traumatic brain inj.(not from war)but from riding a harley- a nurse in a car jut switched lanes and took him out it was on 35w and they were going 60 or so.
Anyway that was 20 years ago but it is with him and the family all the time
he is on disability and cant afford smoke all the time,so I started learning and now its become alot of fun.
I started with 3 bag seeds he had and got some mg organic potting soil and I was off.I started looking at websites and saw I needed some soft wht. cfls.WENT TO HOME DEPOT GOT SOME STRONG 1S AND ALL 3 SEEDS WERE FEMALE.1 by 1 they were smoked alls they got were little red buds,he said much better then the original,so I talked to mom who lives net door she saw the diff. and gave me the use of credit card. thats when the fun started.
more later .

You are a good man for helping your Brother out... If you have any questions or need help, just ask.. We have a good group of support and members that will jump right in and help out... Good luck to you and your brother... :peace:

I'm looking forward to following your journal. As an epileptic myself this is going to be interesting to see what you are doing and your success.

Peace and good growing :rollit:

My brother mover up north to my town from mo.because his seizures were out of control and were gonna kill him.we found 1 of the best medicines was smoke to relax him and his shaking would stop,all around good things.my bro
has traumatic brain inj.(not from war)but from riding a harley- a nurse in a car jut switched lanes and took him out it was on 35w and they were going 60 or so.
Anyway that was 20 years ago but it is with him and the family all the time
he is on disability and cant afford smoke all the time,so I started learning and now its become alot of fun.
I started with 3 bag seeds he had and got some mg organic potting soil and I was off.I started looking at websites and saw I needed some soft wht. cfls.WENT TO HOME DEPOT GOT SOME STRONG 1S AND ALL 3 SEEDS WERE FEMALE.1 by 1 they were smoked alls they got were little red buds,he said much better then the original,so I talked to mom who lives net door she saw the diff. and gave me the use of credit card. thats when the fun started.
more later .I got ahold of some good seeds and started studying like on web sites like this,I got a couple aerogardens but never could make them work right - the nutes were always messed up.
So I had 4 small plants put them in mg organic potting soil and they took off fine.I was still using just little cfls from wall mart soft wht. and I knew we would need better lights,so I got 150 watt hps and 150 watt cfl with alum. hood and some fox farm and humboldt nutes and boy did the gals take off then.4 durban poison growing good,at 14 in. I put them on 12 and 12 and there were 2 males 2 females-the gals are still growing.The males made weed juice,but the girls were taking forever to finish flowering(still haven't)but every now and then I cut a bud check tris and hes not had to buy any since I started the growing,the smoke keeps him calm,he doesn't shake as much and he eats better,I can't believe mn. won't make it medical legal,heres a perfect example.Since durban takes so long I got dwarf ganja and have that going now too.I need more room and lights but in 6 weeks first dwarf is 19 in. tall and full of buds but no false seed pods yet.
I give nutes every other watering and start with humboldt veg nutes and then when start seeing pistels I give first a big dose of fox farm big bloom,and then every other watering reg. dose.so far its all working and the main point he has not had to buy any,Lord knows i have invested enough money and time,but I'm disabled too and as long as I get to have grandbaby now and then and I'm doing what I can for bro. things are good.later for now.spike

6-23-09
Me again spike-I was thinking over coffee this morning and every morning im in a mode where my joints(and I mean bones) take awhile to work,mostly my back and neck.anyway on the 19th bro had a seizure and fell off bike(that or walk is all hes got)hes cracked his wrist bone and in cast, so that night I started cutting a few buds to check tri's and quick dry and give to him.
If he thought I was cutten before ready he wouldn't take it so we have dual intent here.anyway he has not had a seizure since and that is unreal ,cause when he came up from mo. he had them daily 4-5 daily
2 being grand mauls,which is what they think killed my little sister in AUGUST
2007,Bless her heart.She had a lot of seizures too,bad 1s and this time no one around and during bad seizes both of them sometimes stop breathing.
Anyway I think its helping him so on with the fight.spike

I think it's great what you are doing for your brother.

Keep up the journal, try to get some pictures posted. Best wishes. :rollit:

6-24-09
well anotherday without a seizure VERY GOOD!I think now that he has good smoke around its changed his outlook,hey whatever works.Now if my durbans the 2 on right in pic. above would finish I could get the dwarf ganja(1 on left) under big lights and keep it rolling for him.Man them dwarfs grow quick 6 weeks total bud just getting false pods now.1 feeding dis. water and the next fox farm big bloom,sometimes I give her a little fish emulsion but always try to keep her in routine(spice of life and all that)well I'm going to check on the girls and find my catI'll see if any in veg. need water or if its their time for nutes which is humboldt,I even water same time on the days they need and I'll touch fan leaves only so they know I care.For now spike.
jse_HPIM1308.jpg

jse_HPIM1260.jpg

this is 1 of the bagseed plants I talk about in the 1st paragraph,first stuff I ever grew.
but it didn't help with his seizures much which tells me its the thc content and what more thc can help moods and shakes,the durban now works 10 fold.spike

6-24-09

6-26-09
well I'm going to quit saying (another day without a seize) because things with him are so good(knock on wood) that I'll just say when theres trouble
the first real plant I grew and now have cut down has been great satisfaction for me and bro. and this smoke/medicine has so far done why I started the whole thing.I grew this 1st durban with-

1.mg organic soil
2.started under aerogrow lights,then to 3 48 watt cfls.soft wht.
3.distilled water twice a week-humboldt organic nutes 3-1-3 once a week
and at half power till 12 in.tall.
4.sometimes a little fish emulsion and a pinch of element nutes-iron,mag. etc.
5.then I got 150 watt hps and 150 watt cfl. with alum.hood.
6.by this time I had 2 durbans 12 in. and 14 in. put both under there and 12/12.
7.now I'm disabled too. and can spend time on them so I was turning them daily and every 3 days switch places under cfl or hps.
8.It all stayed like that but now once a week get fox farm big bloom but I still gave them humboldt also as I swear by that.
9.spend a lot of time with them touch only stems and fan leaves - oh yeah always had fans going moving air in and out.
and when tris were cloudy some amber I cut her,and thats about it a lot of time I had classical music playing real quiet.all this worked for me,its what I went with,cause I knew nothing else.spike69

jse_HPIM1358.jpg

jse_HPIM1357.jpg

6-26-09
well I'm going to quit saying (another day without a seize) because things with him are so good(knock on wood) that I'll just say when theres trouble
the first real plant I grew and now have cut down has been great satisfaction for me and bro. and this smoke/medicine has so far done why I started the whole thing.I grew this 1st durban with-

1.mg organic soil
2.started under aerogrow lights,then to 3 48 watt cfls.soft wht.
3.distilled water twice a week-humboldt organic nutes 3-1-3 once a week
and at half power till 12 in.tall.
4.sometimes a little fish emulsion and a pinch of element nutes-iron,mag. etc.
5.then I got 150 watt hps and 150 watt cfl. with alum.hood.
6.by this time I had 2 durbans 12 in. and 14 in. put both under there and 12/12.
7.now I'm disabled too. and can spend time on them so I was turning them daily and every 3 days switch places under cfl or hps.
8.It all stayed like that but now once a week get fox farm big bloom but I still gave them humboldt also as I swear by that.
9.spend a lot of time with them touch only stems and fan leaves - oh yeah always had fans going moving air in and out.
and when tris were cloudy some amber I cut her,and thats about it a lot of time I had classical music playing real quiet.spike69

;)

jse_HPIM1318.jpg
6-27-09
Well I'm not writing much today as my back thats fusing together is going into short charlie horses all day long,its on my right side most of the time my left is the problem,it makes leg and arm,shoulder numb on that side as I type this I'm sitting kind of twisted to prevent another 1.
Well enough of that shit, plants hanging up I cut down yesterday,and bro quick dried some for his medicine,oh oh damn that hurts whole right side is tightening up...mom is so happy with outcome and helping him were getting another 150 hps, so have them side by side,then take big cfl and put in veg area(floor of bedroom)other bedroom is where they dry and go if they are not on 12/12,I dont use rooms as with my back I cant sleep flat so I have to slepe in recliner-till I get a hosp. bed.
soon down will come down 2nd durban and then its dwaf ganja whichever
works best for him we'll grow but at least for right now objective reached.
till next time spike-I did it KITTY it may not be the 1 I wanted but it worked these are ladies in waiting.cool spike

Back
Top Bottom