First Scrog

dankstank

Not sure what I really got going on in here yet this is my first time doing a scrog set-up but I'll take input on it I'm starting this after 2 months veg set up is 8Lx4Wx6.5H two 1k hps an 8 t5's 48" 4 uv-a 2 460nm 2 420nm strain is 3 cheezydick ferts have been Aurora innovations Master pack 5ml an stump tea veg boost flower I have few more I will be adding
IMAG007621.jpg
IMAG006934.jpg

They just got flipped so I guess we will see how them 3 come out like I said never did a scrog before could use lots of input

nutrients to be added to flower stage on top of Aurora innovations master pack 5 mil are going to be

Humboldt- snow storm ultra,magnum,S.i.
Advanced- overdrive, Rhino skin, bud candy, B 52, big bud

Feel free to come by my SCROG and give me pointers :)

Nice. Don't be afraid to thin it out is my only advice. Day 21 & 45 of flower I hear are the best.

Good luck man, I'm in to see what ya do!

Feel free to come by my SCROG and give me pointers :)

Nice. Don't be afraid to thin it out is my only advice. Day 21 & 45 of flower I hear are the best.

Good luck man, I'm in to see what ya do!

Please dont listen to this advice. if you ARE going to remove anything, please remove only small lower BRANCHES that you feel will never make it to the screen and will be a whispy popcorn bud.

Cannabis plants are not focussing much energy at all growing buds near the bottom, but rather growing the large colas up top. Removing the lower growth that wont amount to nothing will take the focus away from those branches and put it towards growing huge colas up top!!

I have to say, for a first time using a scrog, you're doing a hell of a job!! Keep it up.. i'll stick around for this grow!

*Edit* I'm not saying remove leaves.. in fact. dont touch them! The leaves contain stored nutrients, carbohydrates and sugars the plant uses during the harvest phase. Dont listen to people telling you the leaves are blocking "bud sites" if you're in veg.. there are NO bud sites lol as you are not flowering.. bend your branches over to expose the rest of the branch to more light and spread your plant out. this is increase your yield. You can simply bend and tuck big fan leaves that are blocking lower nodes.

Greenthumb please point me to the book you wrote.

Thanks

I see you argue a lot about a subject many people have a lot of ways of doing it. Nice approach.

Good luck.

i dont need to write a book to know that stress during flower stunts growth and prolongs your flowering time.

that 9 weeks flower time someone thinks they have just turned into 10 or 11 weeks to ripen, but they'll chop it at 9 anyways.

If a plant is trained properly like dankstank is learning with the trellis, then defoliation isn't needed..

I'm not arguing alot.. i made a simple point that has loads of validity to it.. sorry that it contradicts what you do.

Please dont listen to this advice. if you ARE going to remove anything, please remove only small lower BRANCHES that you feel will never make it to the screen and will be a whispy popcorn bud.

Cannabis plants are not focussing much energy at all growing buds near the bottom, but rather growing the large colas up top. Removing the lower growth that wont amount to nothing will take the focus away from those branches and put it towards growing huge colas up top!!

I have to say, for a first time using a scrog, you're doing a hell of a job!! Keep it up.. i'll stick around for this grow!

*Edit* I'm not saying remove leaves.. in fact. dont touch them! The leaves contain stored nutrients, carbohydrates and sugars the plant uses during the harvest phase. Dont listen to people telling you the leaves are blocking "bud sites" if you're in veg.. there are NO bud sites lol as you are not flowering.. bend your branches over to expose the rest of the branch to more light and spread your plant out. this is increase your yield. You can simply bend and tuck big fan leaves that are blocking lower nodes.

i agree

Ok, I've read many others with different viewpoints. Search these forums and you can see. But, whatever works for you.

Good luck

IMAG008522.jpg
IMAG008822.jpg
IMAG006934.jpg
IMAG008634.jpg
IMAG009018.jpg
IMAG007621.jpg
IMAG008725.jpg
IMAG009123.jpg

Heres a few more pics only a coulpe days into flower i did my cutting 15 days prior to switching over to flower as to recover from the stress not sure i will be doing anymore til the last week maybe second from last this is also when I would make cuts to plants not under a scrog as to cause extra stress to make the plant push all that good stuff out to protect itself

I like the height you got on that screen above the pots . Looks like the screen came along after vegging quite a while, or ? A lot easier to work under, though it looks like you're def maxed out on light height now. What did you do to the plants before this re trimming/chopping/supercropping/whatever?

I vegged them for about 2 months prior to putting them under the frame training along the way to go under the scrog topping and bending and yes hella ez to work underneath I will be building a new cabinet so I can work around the whole outter edges probably 8x8 instead of 4x8 in the next couple of weeks then that will become my new veg area

in the pictures it looks like no light is hitting the edge closest to the camera and light is hitting the walls on the other end. Seems to me you have some play to relocate your lights to get better coverage

cool I notice your scrog is running a lot higher than most
plants look happy tho gotta a lot of growth under there that wont be above the net tho
:thumb:

That will be great to be able to work around the plants. It's really the one thing that I know I'm not going to like about scrogging, which I'm about to attempt for the first time in the next week or two. Are you worried about running out of room now, height wise?

I'm hoping the growth/stretch in flower will do it just right I just pulled good portion back underneath and left some above and the light spread is pretty good those are Solis max44's running 1k each then a 4x4 t5 on both sides keep in mind I'm only 4' wide 8' long light at highest point from canopy is around 16" canopy temp 75℉ at warmest an I'm hoping it fills out with out problems height wise

Why did you put the screen on so late I'm wondering ? I'm going to do the same because I have two rooms and don't see how I'll be able to get them through the door to flower room if they're under screens already. So I'm just training them till the last minute.

Was kind of a last-minute I'm gonna try this thing but it's kinda how I grow just without the frame and wire I beat them down through veg and normally don't cut anything off till my last week but this time I gave it all a go cut the bottom half away and left the rest I did some what of a lollipop to them but had a lot of growth come back on branches I didn't cut off and never really wanted to do a scrog do to the extra bs of having to deal net/trellis but how I maid everything come harvest time I should be able to cut and slide the wire out no problem/damage and trim away

Back
Top Bottom