First Shot At It!

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding schedule, can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

:bravo:
Beautifully said.

I'm most definitely a newbie but something seems weird with my Jack Herer! it's first set of leaves seem way too skinny. I realize that different strains will have some different characteristics but this seems strange. I googled Jack harer seedlings to see what it should look like and they looked fairly similar to the 3 Bruce Banners that I have. Any thoughts?
20190930_173603.jpg
20190930_173614.jpg

I'm most definitely a newbie but something seems weird with my Jack Herer! it's first set of leaves seem way too skinny. I realize that different strains will have some different characteristics but this seems strange. I googled Jack harer seedlings to see what it should look like and they looked fairly similar to the 3 Bruce Banners that I have. Any thoughts?

Herer is definitely more sativa dominant from the Banners (according to Leafly anyway)...I wouldn't worry about it yet... I've mostly grown hybrids and I will say it does look a little "thin" compared to those, but it is growing and you should see the crazy looking Royal Gorilla I'm growing right now, strangest looking plant I've ever seen. Let it grow and see how it goes.

I wouldn’t be too worried the first sets of leaves can come out looking a little odd but usually it will just be isolated to that one set in my experience

positive vibes :Namaste:

Jack Herer is definitely known for a few sativa leaning phenos. I've grown quite a few with long/narrow bladed leaves.

I think what you are seeing is a combination of a sativa leaning pheno with wet feet. Seems like the leaves are curling back a bit. Try letting the soil dry out completely before watering again.

That little lady just wants all the attention. LoL

I wouldn't worry a bit.... just adjust & roll on...
:passitleft:

Jack Herer is definitely known for a few sativa leaning phenos. I've grown quite a few with long/narrow bladed leaves.

I think what you are seeing is a combination of a sativa leaning pheno with wet feet. Seems like the leaves are curling back a bit. Try letting the soil dry out completely before watering again.

That little lady just wants all the attention. LoL

I wouldn't worry a bit.... just adjust & roll on...
:passitleft:
It could be wet feet, but I Haven't given them a full watering until two days ago. Or as @Backlipslide calls it! A 'BLT'
Having the best drainage possible is key. As long as you leave enough in tact to hold the soil in, then your golden.

Yes, BLT sandwiches.

plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding schedule, can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

This helps with keeping the humidity higher. After you feed them, pick the pot up and feel the weight of the pot. This will give you a good determination on when to water again. The pots will be very light.

You need to create your self a good wet/dry cycle for your plants.

I wouldn’t be too worried the first sets of leaves can come out looking a little odd but usually it will just be isolated to that one set in my experience

positive vibes :Namaste:
I notice the second set (still small) are looking a bit odd also. Time will tell I guess! I did move the the plant out a bit from the center of the light in case it was getting a little too much!

Herer is definitely more sativa dominant from the Banners (according to Leafly anyway)...I wouldn't worry about it yet... I've mostly grown hybrids and I will say it does look a little "thin" compared to those, but it is growing and you should see the crazy looking Royal Gorilla I'm growing right now, strangest looking plant I've ever seen. Let it grow and see how it goes.
That Royal Gorilla does look odd! Lol Are you doing any type of training?

That Royal Gorilla does look odd! Lol Are you doing any type of training?

I quad-lined them all, but lost a main branch on the RG :( So, she's being tri-lined. Other than that, just some LST. Her leaves are so gnarly looking, it's crazy. Without being there, your solos look a bit wet in the pictures as others said. I know my first grow I set myself back a few weeks because I overwatered my seedlings.

Which it still could be still pretty wet. How heavy are they compared to after you watered them?

I agree with @Preston9mm a good dry cycle is key!

They look good other wise man!! Keep it rolling! :thumb:
They weigh just under 150 grams (150ml) more after watering in solo cups. Over the last two days since there first full watering they lost about 60 grams each, average 30 g/ml a day. I figure if that stays the same then they should only have to be watered every 4.5-5 days.

Which it still could be still pretty wet. How heavy are they compared to after you watered them?

I agree with @Preston9mm a good dry cycle is key!

They look good other wise man!! Keep it rolling! :thumb:
Love the signature backlipslide.

The JH does look a little odd from my perspective. I have 3 JH autos going right now and all 3 resembled the Bruce Banners at seedling stage, like you mentioned.
This is one of them, but all of them looked like this...
1569927883409.png

As someone else mentioned, there are many different phenos, so you may have the pheno that resembles more of a straight sativa instead of a hybrid. I'm interested to see how she develops, from here. Good luck, my friend.

The JH does look a little odd from my perspective. I have 3 JH autos going right now and all 3 resembled the Bruce Banners at seedling stage, like you mentioned.
This is one of them, but all of them looked like this...
1569927883409.png

As someone else mentioned, there are many different phenos, so you may have the pheno that resembles more of a straight sativa instead of a hybrid. I'm interested to see how she develops, from here. Good luck, my friend.
Ya they look strange too me. Almost a little deformed. Some more time will tell I guess.

So it's been awhile since I've given an update! Sorry! The girls are doing well! Even the Jack Herer that I thought might not make it, has bounced back nicely! (lesson: Don't give up too early) I've got the tent Temp and RH to stay fairly steady at 23C and 56%rh. I did add a humidifier to bring the Rh up from the low 40's. I have started to LST the girls to get more light to the center of each plant. The Bruce Banners have been Champs from the word go! They shot out of the ground like rockets! Or at least it seemed like it with my limited knowledge. The leaves are thick and healthy looking but were completely covering everything on the lower branches. I probably should have started the training a little earlier, the main stocks, especially on the Bruce Banner's, were thick and fairly stiff already!
Oct 04 - about 10-12 days from sprout, transplanted from solo cups to Autopots. Could have waited a little longer to get more roots in the cup but had to go to work for a few days and wanted it done before I left. Watered a couple of times with RO water and root builder.
Oct 13 - Gave the girls their first feeding of 1/2 strength (Remo) nutes PH 5.53 PPM 307
Oct 15 - Turned on Autopots with 15L of 1/2 strength nutes.
Oct 16 - Start LST training
Today I will add A full dose of nutes to the reservoir. Filling the plant treys and the pots soaking up their fill, has drained most of what I had in the Res.
20191013_135343.jpg
20191013_164931.jpg
20191013_164943.jpg
20191013_165052.jpg
20191013_165135.jpg
20191013_165353.jpg
20191013_170240.jpg
20191016_111716.jpg
20191016_111724.jpg
20191016_111744.jpg

Thanks! Yes I did watch it! It finalized Jessie's story nicely. Great movie and great series!
Had me sweating for most of the movie. The ending, made me want more though!

great series, great spin off. Just left me wanting more!

did you get into better call Saul? We watched the first season. Season two came out right about when we had our daughter, so we didn’t have time to watch the second season and I think there’s a third?:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom