First Shot At It!

Along for the ride, definitely interested in your auto-pot system! Just looking forward and maybe a stupid question: with your vents, how do you plan on dealing with light leaks at flowering?
I've got auto-flowers in the tent right now, so light leaks aren't really an issue. When I do eventually try to grow Photos, the room that the tent is in, I think I can black out. It doesn't get used much anyways (exercise room Lol). Any plant maintenance, watering etc. I would do during light hours and stay out during dark hours. That's my plan. Not sure if it's a good one but that's all I got!

Ya, from Alberta. Preparing for winter! :( lol
You got that right! Was flippin cold today! When I was on lunch break it was 1 degree in Beaumont.

Winters coming.

I haven’t started working on any exterior framing jobs yet, so winters not fully here yet haha :laugh:

That’s the way it always seems to go. Worked inside all summer and now I’ll be working outside in the winter.

By the way, Breaking Bad has got to be one of my top favourite tv series of all time! :thumb:

You got that right! Was flippin cold today! When I was on lunch break it was 1 degree in Beaumont.

Winters coming.

I haven’t started working on any exterior framing jobs yet, so winters not fully here yet haha :laugh:

That’s the way it always seems to go. Worked inside all summer and now I’ll be working outside in the winter.

By the way, Breaking Bad has got to be one of my top favourite tv series of all time! :thumb:
Ya man, It was crappy out! That cold went to the bones! I'm just south of you in RD. October 11 is the release of the Breaking bad movie on Netflix. Previews look really good!

Ya man, It was crappy out! That cold went to the bones! I'm just south of you in RD. October 11 is the release of the Breaking bad movie on Netflix. Previews look really good!

Nice! I actually used to live just east of RD. I know A LOT of people that live there.

I don’t actually live in Beaumont, I live south of Beaumont a lil ways, but I work in the general area of Edmonton.

I saw the preview of the movie. Looks freaking awesome! I actually forgot about the release date, and didn’t realize it was so soon! :yahoo:

Update! The 4 girls are looking good so far! (crossed fingers) Temp 24C Rh 43% Light 30" above and 18/6 schedule. I have a pale of water with a towel wicking the water up to try to bring the Rh up a bit.
20190928_101301.jpg
20190928_101509.jpg
20190928_101551.jpg
20190928_101710.jpg

How many holes do you have in those cups?

The more the merrier! :thumb:

I really dig your tent set up!

I once bought from wal mart a desktop humidifier, and it sprays a supersonic spray, it raises the RH really well!

Just have to watch though, because I would fill it up in the morning before work.

Come home it would be empty and turn it’s self off which is great, but my hygrometer said for a high it sometimes got into the 90’s. It would drop down to 70 something by the time I was home. It worked great for me. I don’t need it anymore though so I tossed it out. Maybe you can look into something like that for your self.

How many holes do you have in those cups?

The more the merrier! :thumb:

I really dig your tent set up!

I once bought from wal mart a desktop humidifier, and it sprays a supersonic spray, it raises the RH really well!

Just have to watch though, because I would fill it up in the morning before work.

Come home it would be empty and turn it’s self off which is great, but my hygrometer said for a high it sometimes got into the 90’s. It would drop down to 70 something by the time I was home. It worked great for me. I don’t need it anymore though so I tossed it out. Maybe you can look into something like that for your self.
I've got numerous thumb tack holes in the bottom of both sets of cups(16oz). I haven't been watering enough to moisten the entire medium so far. I'm nervous about over watering! Not sure how fast the roots grow or if I need to start moistening the entire cup? I'm using wet towels in the tent right now which has brought the Rh up about 6 or 7% to 47-48%. I may look into a humidifier but I'm assuming the Rh will naturally go up as the plants get bigger in the tent?

I've got numerous thumb tack holes in the bottom of both sets of cups(16oz). I haven't been watering enough to moisten the entire medium so far. I'm nervous about over watering! Not sure how fast the roots grow or if I need to start moistening the entire cup? I'm using wet towels in the tent right now which has brought the Rh up about 6 or 7% to 47-48%. I may look into a humidifier but I'm assuming the Rh will naturally go up as the plants get bigger in the tent?

Thumb tack holes aren’t very big, but as long as you have enough of the holes for good drainage then that should be fine.

Don’t let over watering stress you out. You just need to figure out a good wet/dry cycle.

You should always water until you see run off out the bottom of the pot.

Have I told you about why plants love BLT?

The towel trick works fine, and will do fine, but I just didn’t have the room for a bucket like you have, or like to see crusty old cloths hanging in the rafters of my tent. So I picked up that humidifier, worked great. Now I don’t even worry about the RH, and yes your right, the plants put off their own humidity.

I just roll with the punches at what ever humidity my tent sits at. Usually does a pretty good job at maintaining a good RH with more then one plant.

I think I will make the holes bigger in the cups. I think I have enough of them in there, but being that they are so small they could potentially choke off with medium! I'm assuming that you wouldn't have to water again for a couple of days after you water until it starts to drain? Please tell me why plants love BLT? (not sure what BLT stands for, other than the sandwich lol)

I think I will make the holes bigger in the cups. I think I have enough of them in there, but being that they are so small they could potentially choke off with medium! I'm assuming that you wouldn't have to water again for a couple of days after you water until it starts to drain? Please tell me why plants love BLT? (not sure what BLT stands for, other than the sandwich lol)

Having the best drainage possible is key. As long as you leave enough in tact to hold the soil in, then your golden.

Yes, BLT sandwiches.

plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding schedule, can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

This helps with keeping the humidity higher. After you feed them, pick the pot up and feel the weight of the pot. This will give you a good determination on when to water again. The pots will be very light.

You need to create your self a good wet/dry cycle for your plants.

Having the best drainage possible is key. As long as you leave enough in tact to hold the soil in, then your golden.

Yes, BLT sandwiches.

plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding schedule, can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

This helps with keeping the humidity higher. After you feed them, pick the pot up and feel the weight of the pot. This will give you a good determination on when to water again. The pots will be very light.

You need to create your self a good wet/dry cycle for your plants.
Haha! OK Great analogy! Makes sense. I will suck it up and give the girls their first real BLT! I will first weigh each one with a scale. I'll have a good dry weight for reference then.

Back
Top Bottom