First Shot At It!

Lol Now it makes sense!
I'm also in RD. I have a question regarding your screens on your tent. Are you experiencing any hermies due to your light leak? Or is your room dark when they are sleeping? When I put in my inlet filter I attached it only to the inside layer of the tent and closed up the outside layer to prevent light leaks as best as I could. Closing that outside one still allows air in but limits light.

It’s not common for a plant to herm from just a light leak alone. My last DA1 hermied on new, but that was because of the extra small light I threw in to help flower, it has a large blue hue to it, and as soon as I noticed, I unplugged and got rid of it.

Light leaks under 12/12 light schedule will make a plant reveg it’s self, if it’s that much of a light leak. There’s no real hard evidence on it causing a plant to herm, the general senses is yes it will cause it to herm, but in fact will only make the plant reveg back from flower if it’s that strong of a light leak. I’ve had this argument with lots of people here.

I'm also in RD. I have a question regarding your screens on your tent. Are you experiencing any hermies due to your light leak? Or is your room dark when they are sleeping? When I put in my inlet filter I attached it only to the inside layer of the tent and closed up the outside layer to prevent light leaks as best as I could. Closing that outside one still allows air in but limits light.
Howdy neighbour! No hermies that I've noticed. I'm growing Autos and my room is dark when they are sleeping. Lights off at 9pm and back on at 3am (18 and 6). I used that time of day so no light would be coming in the windows during thier sleep period, plus that's my sleep period also! :D I'm running my exhaust (with carbon filter) strait out into the house right now but that will have to change as it creates too much humidity in the house. I need to block off that window and run my exhaust through it. I will need it when I try my hand at photos where light schedule is really important. I can then also close the door to completely black out the room. As for the screens on your tent, are you saying that you have all of your openings closed off?(outside layer) Not sure how much air you can get in, with those outside layers Closed! It was a real wrestling match for me with humidity and heat in the tent when the girls started to get big.! I had to have some of the intake holes open to get good air circulation in the tent without having a proper intake fan. I also had to find a good balance of air coming in vs air getting sucked out the exhaust as to keep a slight vacuum in the tent to avoid odor escaping! I think if you can't block the light in the room and need to close off all the intake vents to avoid light leaks, you would need a proper intake fan.

Howdy neighbour! No hermies that I've noticed. I'm growing Autos and my room is dark when they are sleeping. Lights off at 9pm and back on at 3am (18 and 6). I used that time of day so no light would be coming in the windows during thier sleep period, plus that's my sleep period also! :D I'm running my exhaust (with carbon filter) strait out into the house right now but that will have to change as it creates too much humidity in the house. I need to block off that window and run my exhaust through it. I will need it when I try my hand at photos where light schedule is really important. I can then also close the door to completely black out the room. As for the screens on your tent, are you saying that you have all of your openings closed off?(outside layer) Not sure how much air you can get in, with those outside layers Closed! It was a real wrestling match for me with humidity and heat in the tent when the girls started to get big.! I had to have some of the intake holes open to get good air circulation in the tent without having a proper intake fan. I also had to find a good balance of air coming in vs air getting sucked out the exhaust as to keep a slight vacuum in the tent to avoid odor escaping! I think if you can't block the light in the room and need to close off all the intake vents to avoid light leaks, you would need a proper intake fan.
Sorry man I apparently missed the part about autos. I ran my autos under a 20/4 light schedule. All of my inlets are closed creating negative air pressure inside my tent. I'll check my current temps and humidity when I get home, but i have zero issues with mold, so it should be an acceptable level. My exhaust fan moves a lot of air, it's usually running at 50%. When the tent really fills up I crank the fan to 100% and everyone is happy happy happy. I had an exhaust filter at one time, but I actually like the smell of weed. My whole house, plus about a 5 foot perimeter around it smells of dank bud. Once you come in it's like opening an oven with the aroma of the grow.

Sorry man I apparently missed the part about autos. I ran my autos under a 20/4 light schedule. All of my inlets are closed creating negative air pressure inside my tent. I'll check my current temps and humidity when I get home, but i have zero issues with mold, so it should be an acceptable level. My exhaust fan moves a lot of air, it's usually running at 50%. When the tent really fills up I crank the fan to 100% and everyone is happy happy happy. I had an exhaust filter at one time, but I actually like the smell of weed. My whole house, plus about a 5 foot perimeter around it smells of dank bud. Once you come in it's like opening an oven with the aroma of the grow.
I would love to have that sweet smell fill the house but I think my wife might kick me out if I let that happens!

Well, the first go at it and I'm pretty happy with the results. 470 grams of goodness! One plant had almost double the amount of the other ones! The other three were fairly similar. Not sure why such a difference but I'm not complaining. I did very minimal trimming of the plants while they were growing but next go around i'm going to trim up some of the bottom so more energy will go to the upper buds. some of the buds weren't as dense as I would like. I may try topping or fimming the next batch and see how it turns out. Didn't have too many issues other than some light burn and nute burn a couple of times. Need to take it a little slower when adding more nutrients. I'm about a week into a new batch and they seem to be doing well. Thanks to everyone for the advice and your knowledge, it was extremely valuable!
20191217_164045.jpg
20191217_125239.jpg
20191225_085057.jpg
20191229_151726.jpg

Back
Top Bottom