First Small Grow - One Plant

belvedere87

So I have decided it's time. I have a very small space that I want to grow one plant. The closet is 2ft4 x 2ft x 5ft in height. I plan to grow one plant (strain tbd) in soil (bio-bizz all mix) under a 125watt duel spectrum.

I am looking for any advice on growing on this small a scale, anything anybody thinks will be useful would be much appreciated.

I will get pics of the closet as it starts to take shape (patiently waiting for my supplies).

Thanks in advance hopefully this will help someone along the way.

hi there and welcome to :420:

my grow is very similar to yours... 2x2x4...200w dual spectrum cfl

check the link in my signature to see my journal..

best of luck in your grow...you will love it......

always nice to see new members of the best forum on the interweb

:welcome:

Firstly I'd like to say a MAHOOSIVE CONGRATULATIONS Budworshippwer (He knows :high-five:)

So a few changes to the original plan....I'm goin auto! Reason being I have 3 months left on my rental and I'll probably be moving...I'll know for sure by the time I get to harvest with auto's.

I am thinking 2 plants under my 125 duel spec...but if anyone has any advice on this that would be awesome. I still plan to use Bio-Bizz All mix and probably their line of Nutes. If anyone has a feeding schedule for auto's because suppliments is something I have little knowledge of. Advice on what size pots to use would be great, I'm kinda thinking of using 10L pots from start to finish..? or jiffy pots to start with..?

Now...:bongrip:

I flower in 5 gallon size pots. A auto flower cannabis plant will have the same nutrient requirements as a photo period cannabis plant, the individual nutrient needs of an auto flower cannabis plant will have to be adjusted as the plants grow.

Here is a Bio Bizz nutrient feed chart

biobizz_grow_chart1.jpg

So I'm ready to go, seeds arrived this morning and germing in the cupboard.

I've gone for Kush Fromage auto's by Medicann seeds. Here's the info....

Genetics: OG Kush x Cheese x Ruderalis

Type: Sativa/Indica/Ruderalis cross.

Flowering time: 35 - 45 days :hmmmm::yikes:

THC: 15%

CBD: medium-high

Production: medium

Outdoor height: up to 1 metre

Medical uses: Stress relief, Anxiety relief, Appetite stimuliation, Pain relief, Insomnia

I have a few questions before I get started if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated..

Firstly, Im putting my germinated seed straight in to a 12ltr pot...
so, how much water do I give it? (I'm assuming the soil has to be dry in the first instance..?).

About the water..
I'm going to be using tap water and I've been told that filling your bottle and leaving it in the grow cupboard with the lid off for 24hrs before watering is best practice..? And also, when to water..i.e when the lights are on or off?

Height of the lights..
I was thinking judging by the heat of my 125watt I can have my light around 5 inches from my soil from the minute I pot my seedling..?
Then once she sprouts I can gradually move it up after like 3-5 days?

45 Day strain..
I know I have the feed schedule above but does anyone have any advice on feeding this little rocket..?
I'm thinking 2 weeks water only obviously then > 1 week of grow nutes,1 week with half the amount of grow nutes plus bloom nutes then a very small amount of bloom on it's own then just water to flush for 2 weeks..?

I will add some pics of my grow space just so you can see what I'm working with.

thanks for all the advice so far guys, it's been really helpful. I'm extremely excited my adventure is about to start :slide:

:peacetwo::blunt:

2vn2e09.jpg

So I'm ready to go, seeds arrived this morning and germing in the cupboard.

I've gone for Kush Fromage auto's by Medicann seeds. Here's the info....

Genetics: OG Kush x Cheese x Ruderalis

Type: Sativa/Indica/Ruderalis cross.

Flowering time: 35 - 45 days :hmmmm::yikes:

THC: 15%

CBD: medium-high

Production: medium

Outdoor height: up to 1 metre

Medical uses: Stress relief, Anxiety relief, Appetite stimuliation, Pain relief, Insomnia

I have a few questions before I get started if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated..

Firstly, Im putting my germinated seed straight in to a 12ltr pot...
so, how much water do I give it? (I'm assuming the soil has to be dry in the first instance..?).

About the water..
I'm going to be using tap water and I've been told that filling your bottle and leaving it in the grow cupboard with the lid off for 24hrs before watering is best practice..? And also, when to water..i.e when the lights are on or off?

Height of the lights..
I was thinking judging by the heat of my 125watt I can have my light around 5 inches from my soil from the minute I pot my seedling..?
Then once she sprouts I can gradually move it up after like 3-5 days?

45 Day strain..
I know I have the feed schedule above but does anyone have any advice on feeding this little rocket..?
I'm thinking 2 weeks water only obviously then > 1 week of grow nutes,1 week with half the amount of grow nutes plus bloom nutes then a very small amount of bloom on it's own then just water to flush for 2 weeks..?

Water until the soil is moist but not drenched. Water when the lights are on and the soil dries and requires re watering. You would need to aerate the water for several days if you are attempting to evaporate the chlorine from the water. Keep your Compact Florescent Light at a sufficient distance so the heat does not reach your plant. I would use nutrients every time you water unless you are flushing. I would begin to feed your seedling 1/4 strength nutrients when your plant is 4-5 inches tall and has 5 nodes of growth then over several watering work up to full strength.I would stick to the nutrient feed chart unless you see nutrient burn in your plant. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Here is the 30x jewellers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

Thank you so much again BigJohnC

So my seeds took 48hours to germinate....1 out of 5 popped after 48 hours (24hrs in water + 24hrs in a paper towel) the tap root was about half a cm. I planted it about 12hrs ago in my soil that I watered with about 1.5ltr like 24hrs before I planted and left the light for about 12hrs to get the closet up to temp and let the soil dry a bit. I think I got pretty even coverage of the soil...I tried to water from the outside in. My light is around 18inches from the soil just now, when It breaks the soil after a few days I have been advised to lower it to 9inches then after about 10 days down to as close as 3-4in (I'm using a 125watt dual spec cfl). ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.......HEEEELLLPPP!!

I think I've learned the lesson pretty quickly about seeds - price = quality like in all walks of life so I'll definitely be setting more dolla aside next time round. 5 seeds for £20 is a good deal but 1 getminated seed for £20 is a different story.

I'll update again when theirs something to talk about :)

:peacetwo::party::ganjamon:

So after an awesome weekend where I didn't have time to even pop my head in the closet I've opened up this morning and found this pretty little face...we've got signs of life...

WP_0000372.jpg

WP_0000382.jpg

:ganjamon:

So after an awesome weekend where I didn't have time to even pop my head in the closet I've opened up this morning and found this pretty little face...we've got signs of life...

WP_0000372.jpg

:ganjamon:

It seems like this little fella isn't doing itself any favors by not looking up and taking in the light...any reason for this?

It's maybe because this could be the seed that wouldn't open so I very gently cracked it with my teeth..? Or (I have a feeeeeliiing..) I'm over analyzing :D Gonna keep my head outa the closet for a few days!

:thanks:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom