First Soil CFL Grow

cannachris

Lights: 3x 13watt cfls, 1x 32 watt cfl and 1x 23watt CFL (all 6500K)
light cycle: 24 hrs
medium: soil
seeds: bagseed (i honestly have no idea what strain)
grow space: closet 3`X2`X4`
nutes: none so far

Two plants are in cups for now and are always under a fan at low speed. There are light leaks but they are necessary for ventilation for now. I do plan on making a proper fixture for the CFL bulbs as soon as i can. I`m attempting to force these plants to flower when they have about 4 sets of leaves. I`m hoping this works out well considering my very ghetto setup.

Its a first time grow so its really about learning. Would love to get some nice bud though :)

Let me know what you guys think so far? I realize there are alot of flaws in this design but its all i can do for now.

Sadly where i live it is very difficult to get garden/hydro supplies or anything for that matter. I may transfer these outside if necessary, can anyone tell me how a plant would react to the change?

:peacetwo: peace everyone and happy 420 :Rasta:

Pics0021.jpg

Pics0022.jpg

Pics0023.jpg

Well I for one love seeing these "ghetto" grows. People just grabbing things around the house that they make work is always interesting, and usually ends up giving me ideas of my own.

Going from indoors to outdoors can be stressful to the plants especially from cfl to sunlight. You can harden the plant by setting it outside in the shade for a few hours a day, each day lengthening the amount of time its out there and the amount of direct sunlight it gets.

Looks good bud, looking forward to watch as it unfolds.

thanks for your advice. I really hope i wont have to move them outdoors :( Yes this was all stuff that was just around my house for some reason i have tons of CFL bulbs :S but those will be used for flowering since the color temp is different.

I`m using "marijuana buds for less" as my main reading material for this grow. I wonder if attempting to fim/top etc would offset the time frame for growing these plants. Hopefully they`ll both be female :p

With ventilation, since the smell isn`t really a problem (where i live it doesn`t matter) would it be ok for me just to have that little fan cycling during the day and occasionally opening the closet door every hour or so?

sorry for all the questions and lengthy posts i`m just excited :p and although i`ve been lurking here for ages and reading as much as possible, its still better imo to get another growers personal advice.

thanks for your advice. I really hope i wont have to move them outdoors :( Yes this was all stuff that was just around my house for some reason i have tons of CFL bulbs :S but those will be used for flowering since the color temp is different.

I`m using "marijuana buds for less" as my main reading material for this grow. I wonder if attempting to fim/top etc would offset the time frame for growing these plants. Hopefully they`ll both be female :p

With ventilation, since the smell isn`t really a problem (where i live it doesn`t matter) would it be ok for me just to have that little fan cycling during the day and occasionally opening the closet door every hour or so?

sorry for all the questions and lengthy posts i`m just excited :p and although i`ve been lurking here for ages and reading as much as possible, its still better imo to get another growers personal advice.

Yeah with only 2 plants in there opening the door is going to provide plenty of fresh air, as long as the temps are good in there I dont see a problem with it. There are a lot of guys on here with more experience than me, I'm only currently on my 3rd grow. I dont mind all the questions just glad I can help.

Hey looks even more ghetto than my first setup. Check out what I put up today for my sprouts. This could be cool comparing my growth to yours... your a little ahead of me im only on day 5 post germ? one of them day 2

Looks cool. What temp you using for the bulbs? Im runnnig 6500K daylight

ok so im thinking its not going to grow as fast as in that book im reading and following. should i attempt some nutes? sadly all i got is miracle grow for now :( im thinking maybe a third of the reccomended amount.

any advice?

ok guys so sorry about the shitty quality i`ll get my camera back on sunday. Btw the new light fixture is an aluminum food tray. Stoner ingenuity is amazing huh? Still so small though i wish they`d grow similarly to the ones in this book T_T but my girls will be beautiful im sure :)

so use MG as yet or not?

Pics0025.jpg

Pics0024.jpg

Looking good bro. Nice way to improvise. It's not the beauty of the space, it's about the beauty of the plant :grinjoint:. Oh, and I wouldn't use MG at all. At this point they don't need nutes for the next couple of weeks. The soil has all it needs right now. You should be able to go the the garden center of your local hardware store to find nutes. I know you can get Alaska Fish Ferts there. Much better than MG. MG is too potent for these herbs.

damn i think i fried the bigger of my two girls. Her leaves are shriveled and her soil is dry. I guess it got too hot she`s still green tho so hopefully she`ll recover.

so i removed some lights currently theres 1 13w 1 23w and 1 32w it seems to be helping my shriveled leaf plant. i also gave her a cup of water since i transplanted her to a bigger pot this morning

I'm in to see the progress.:popcorn: Coming from a MG/bagseed grower, I'm wishing you luck. Don't think you need it though. These amazing plants pretty much grow themselves.:goodjob:

i only have 2 rite now and one is sorta shriveled yet completely green :( i adjusted the amount of lights so hopefully it will bounce back

chris this sounds eerily similar to my scenario. the tops stay really green, but instead of going from purple to green, my stems went from purple to white and shriveled and died. I believe mine was because the color temp on the lights was too high.

Only have one left and 2 that seem to be duds and wont germinate.

send me some positive vibes guys my shriveled plant is slowly unshriveling but still so crisp and green i dont know whats going on. The other plant is just fine and they are next to eachother and both recieve equal amounts of water whenever i water them. Also i switched from 24 hr lights to 18hrs of light.

@usmc my stems are great though, they seem really strong and woody almost? i`ll put up pics tmw my phone camera sucks :(

so one of my plants the leaves were just so dry that lifting the plant made them fall off :( theres still some growth at the tip so im hoping it recovers i watered again and put under the CFLs lets see wat happens. The other one seems fine just a tiny burn on one leaf.

hmm almost a month now since i put the seed to germinate. Is this slow growing normal?? theres a little burn from the light. Any thoughts or advice guys?

fuck4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom