First soil grow

vegatative growth tends to be either 4-6 weeks, and flowering tends to be .. 7-8 weeks, or 9-10 for some sativas.

well if you're in a 'transition' from 4-6 weeks of veg growth, going into 7-8 weeks of flowering.. using 1-2 weeks of that transition stuff.

and if i were you, when you transplant it, put it into a 5 gallon bucket, so the roots have plenty of room.

and if you want some more bud sites, or don't want it as tall, maybe more bushier, start LST'ing it, and tying it down.

also with nutes, you don't want to do full strength, you want to do maybe 1/2 to 1/4 strength, and i wouldn't really know based on your schedule, but some people do like.

water, wait 2 days, nutes / water, wait 2 days, water, 2 days nutes/water.. etc etc.. you know?

*shrug*, ask around some more, hopefully you get better answers than mine!

Thanks guys, i appreciate the info. I will have to see if my local store has that product. So I went to the garden store earlier and got some things to put under my pots to catch the runoff water, i dont know what they are called but you know what im talking about. I have a big ass syringe that I got with the bloombox so I cam also suck all the runoff out of the bottom and check the pH. Before I never let water runoff because i just have a layer of cardboard between the pots and carpet.

So before I left for work I conducted a little experiment. I took the top off of the clone dome to see if the clones wilted or if they still stayed strong. I got home and they still looked strong, thank god. So I went ahead and potted them in the 4 inch pots and put them back under the 125W sunleaves floro. Hopefully they start some vertical growth soon cause the 6 blueberry's are blowing up. Maybe I will have to top them to keep them shorter. I have had experiences in the past where the strong plans just outgrew the short ones and they stopped getting light and stopped growing. But that was in the bloombox where I couldnt move the plants around.

So my general hydroponics nutrients have a feeding chart on the back of them. Their are 4 categories of plant growth:
!.General purpose, mild
2.Vegetative growth
3.Transition to bloom phase
4.Blooming and Ripening

So I am wondering how many weeks each category is. I am using the general purpose, mild solution while they are in the 4 inch pots. I will use the Veg solution once I transplant into the 3 gallon pots and put under the 1000W MH. Then I will flush, change the bulb to the HPS, change the hours, and start the transition to bloom solution for the first three weeks?? This is where I am contemplating how many weeks to use the Transition solution. Should I do 4 weeks and then flush and change to the blooming and ripening solution. I know i have a good bit of time until then to decide, but I would like to have an idea. And I am going to use the recomended full strengh that is says on the bottle so should I do nutes, water, water or should I just switch every other time as long as I am having runoff.

I know I am full of questions but I really want to do this grow well so I have some nice fat colas like I see other users getting. And I love learning how to keep care of my babies. Speaking of babies, the light is off and there are some nice buds that I want to take pictures of. Pics are so much better with the lights off. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sounds like you nailed it bro. But do what Fallen said and go only half strengh with his mix water water feed schedule or maybe the water feed water. Also before you feed, water the plant first then feed right after. It really helps.

Ok, really wierd. So three of the pictures that I just took and uploaded have been approved, while there are about 24 previous pics waiting to get approved. Screwy stuff. Well here are the bud pics.
DSC00257rev.jpg

A blueberry bud, 49 days

DSC00256rev.jpg

Another blueberry bud, 49 days

DSC00255rev.jpg

A bubblegum bud, 49 days. All of its buds are short and compact like this one.
One reason I dont like it as much as blueberry.

What is "LST'ing it"?

Thanks for the input guys. So your saying half strength nutes and two days water, two days nutes, two days water, two days nutes. I dont want to use 5 gallon pots, already have all my 3's. Hopefully 3 is big enough if I do coco next time. Peace till next time guys. :allgood:

i think 3 will be fine, just 5 is recommended :]

lst.. is either low stress training or less stress training *shrug*

anyway, you basically .. slowly and carefully bend and tie branches out of the way so light can get to more places, and it creates more bud sites, since light can get deeper, and makes the plant bushier, and not as tall.

it's kinda like a SCROG minus the net, and only one plant.

Thanks fallen. I might need to do that with all the blueberry's cause they are so far ahead. So when I got of writing my last post, the rest of the pics I took tonight were approved. The previous ones are still black, so maybe I should just move on. Here are the new pics.
DSC00253rev.jpg

This is my fattest blueberry bud, 49 days. I know, its pretty small but it looks like it will get me plenty high.

DSC00258rev.jpg

Here is my tub setup as I was talking about earlier. Blueberrys on the right and bubblegums on the left. I need to give the bubblegums steroids or something.

DSC00259rev.jpg

The 9 bubblegum's. I hope they work cause I'd rather have 13 plants instead of four. Im a little happy cause it looks like there is some new green growth on the tops of a few.

DSC00260rev.jpg

The 5 blueberrys. The back left is my new mother.

DSC00262rev.jpg

A blueberry bud that I harvested on Monday. I leave the leaves on like that cause all I smoke is blunts and they have thc on em too! Well thats all of em, im hittin the hay. talk to ya later.

i'm liking those buds, even though they look small.

could we get some more detailed pictures of the smaller plants? they look like they're yellowing at the tips, and kind of wilting..

signs of a deficiency maybe? or did that already get fixed and they're just recuperating ?

I cant get any more pics online cause I am bout to go to work then leaving for Bonnarro right when I get off, I wont be getting back till Monday night.

I have learned that yellowing on the tips is a sign of rooting. Yes three of the nine bubblegum are kind of wilting, maybe their roots aren't too strong but they were in the dome for three weeks so if they havent rooted yet they probably never will or will be very weak plants. I am giving the blueberrys the same treatment as the bubblegums, and they just started getting nutes so if there was a defficiency then they are probably just now gettin better now.

Yeah, the buds smoke very well, i love blueberry. Thats why there will be no more bubblegum after this next time. The main reason is so I will only have to keep up with 1 mother and she can have all of the 125 watt light.

So later for a couple of days guys, ill post right when I get home. Peace.:allgood:

Ok, since I am a pothead and lazy I left work early to come home and finish packing for my trip. I am happy to say that all the rest of my pics have been approved, so I will go ahead and post them. They are individual plant shots.

DSC00246rev.jpg

My short bushy bubblegum

DSC00245rev.jpg

Blueberry

DSC00244rev.jpg

Blueberry

DSC00243rev.jpg

Blueberry

DSC00240rev.jpg

Blueberry

DSC00239rev.jpg

Another blueberry.

There are 2 of them that I didnt get pics of. Well, I am going to pack a bit more, maybe I will try to post some more current pics like you wanted Fallen.
Peace.

Hey guys. I just got back from bonnaroo, and checked out the plants. The big girls buds are getting nice and fat, and the little ones are looking better. I watered the bubblegums with the nutrient solution that I made before I left, and my roommate watered them once with plain water when I was gone. A few of them look like they could have nute burn, thats probably because i made a full nutrient solution, so I will definately make 1/2 strength from now on. I will post update pics as soon as approved. Peace.

OK so here are some updated photos of the babies.

DSC00268rev.jpg

A bubblegum clone, nute burn?

DSC00269rev.jpg

Bubblegum, more nute burn?

DSC00270rev.jpg

The blueberry's, as healthy as they can be.

DSC00271rev.jpg

All the bubblegums. I think at least 4 will make it.

So I will be harvesting the 8 current plants when I get home tomorrow night, so I can go ahead and get the others under the MH. Peace for now.

Oh man! What kind of ferts. are you using and what proportions did you mix it to? That is some serious nutrient burn right there.

seems like the blueberrys have alot of stem to them

Yeah, they do, how would I go about fixing this. I am sure some of it has to do with the nute lockout and burn. The 1000HPS is always about 2 and a half feet above the tops of the plants. Is this too high, are they stretching for light?

they can stretch due to light or heat, normally hps's should be around 1 foot above plants, but considering it's such a high wattage, maybe 2.5 is good.. not sure though, sounds a little high up to me.

how would you fix it? maybe lower the lights a little bit, either half a foot or so, and you could throw in a little more soil around the bottom to cover it up, but it's not that big of a deal.

Why are you growing in soil and using hydroponic nutrients? :hmmmm:

I think where you went wrong was adding a full teaspoon of each of your different nutrients. The soil already contains most micro-nutrients (iron, cobalt, chromium, copper, iodine, manganese, selenium, zinc) and because these do not occur naturally in hydroponic systems you must add them with the nutrients. The problem with using these nutrients in soil is that you are now doubling up on these micro-nutrients, the plants are getting it from the soil as well as the nutrients you are using and an overabundance of any of these elements can cause damage.

I would ease off on the Flora Micro, because this seems to be the nutrient that is contributing these extra micro nutrients.

NoDritWeed4Me used his hydro solution in a soil grow and the plant loved it. I do believe that he did dilute it quite a bit though might have even been down to 1/4. I definitely suggest doing the same next time you add nutes. I burnt my plants with fish emulsions using a 1/2 strength solution, though I am not sure how concentrated the nutes for hydro are compared to soil.

Yeah, my friend used gen hydroponics three part for a soil grow and had great results. So I will definately do a 1/4 solution strength next time and see how that works. Damn blueberrys are getting to big, am definately going to have to tie them down somehow to slow them down so the bubblegums will catch up. If this grow doesen't work well then I am definately going to make a hydro setup for next time.

Back
Top Bottom