First soil grow

Just about all your plants share the same problem. So check to see if it is one of the many things all the plants have in common. Test your soil pH as well as the pH of the water you are feeding. The optimal pH for soil is 6.2-6.5.

Also, you really can't expect to see a huge difference from watering one day and waking up the next. I wouldn't rush into feeding them more just because it might seem like they have a deficiency.

I have seen your pictures of your other buds, so I am convinced you can do it all again.:peace:

Nice way of putting it Roorman.
Your not giving the plants enough time to heal so quit the nutes for a while and get that more is better attitude out of your head. You can't push your plants to the max until you know what that max is and try to remember that they are still young and fragile so don't push them to hard or they will break.
Also, damage leaves don't repair themselves, they stay damage and slowly get worse or fall off. This is because its easier for the plant to grow new leaves than to repair old leaves. That means watching the new growth and keeping a eye on the old growth.
The wilting around the leaf edges is a sign of dehydration. This is probally from your light and or you have a hot dry grow room.
Check the temp same place as where your plant is. Check your humidity.
And foliar spray your plants.

True, thanks herban. The plants are looking better, so maybe I dont need to up the nutrients. I do a foliar spray, but it is just plain water. Never was quite sure what to add to the spray. As for heat, humidity and all that, the temp is now around 80 since I moved the light up, and the humidity is pretty constant around 40%. Thanks for the help guys.

IMO, those babes need to heal. . . they seem to have been thru a lot of changes in very short amount of time. . . good idea to back off the nutes. . . and I probably wouldn't do anything but water them when needed for a few days. . . give them time to relax. . . good luck :peace:

Bagz

Thanks for all the input guys. So I did a little maintenence in the garden when I got up today. Watered the babys with a 1/4 veg solution. The runoff water pH was pretty much between 4.2 and 4.5, and the soil pH on all 8 plants is a steady 6.5. No one has confirmed if those runoff pH values are normal. I am also glad to say that I have had some good growth since monday, 4 days. My plants have grown 2-3 1/2 inches in those 4 days. The tallest one is 19 and the shortest is 7 and a quarter, but that is only one that is under ten inches. Whats the best way to tie down plants to slow their vertical growth so my shorter ones can catch up. I want to flower around 20-24 inches. Thanks again.

Thanks for all the input guys. So I did a little maintenence in the garden when I got up today. Watered the babys with a 1/4 veg solution. The runoff water pH was pretty much between 4.2 and 4.5, and the soil pH on all 8 plants is a steady 6.5. No one has confirmed if those runoff pH values are normal. I am also glad to say that I have had some good growth since monday, 4 days. My plants have grown 2-3 1/2 inches in those 4 days. The tallest one is 19 and the shortest is 7 and a quarter, but that is only one that is under ten inches. Whats the best way to tie down plants to slow their vertical growth so my shorter ones can catch up. I want to flower around 20-24 inches. Thanks again.

In regards to your runoff ph, here is a little info for ya. .. it should NOT be that low. . . but maybe the test is skewed for one reason or another. . .

When your soil is dry and ready for your next watering, grab a decent amount of water you would normally use for watering. . and confirm that its ph is neutral 7.0. It is important knowing your water ph prior to doing the test. Place the pot to be tested on a bowl or something to catch the runoff. . . slowly pour your ph correct water into the pot untill the first few drops fall from the bottom of the pot. These first drops will give you the most reliable read, so try and not let too much water in. This water will probably test a little lower than you started, maybe like .5, but not much more. .

dolomite lime is a good way of balancing your soil ph to 7. Best to mix fine dolomite powder into your soil mix prior to planting, but if you need to balance it out for one reason or another you can get hydrated dolomite lime that can be added to water and then given to your babes. . . Hope this answers your question about runoff ph. . .:peace:

Bagz

Thanks bagz. Yeah, I normally wait till all the water has ran off before i pH test it, so I will use your test next watering and only get the first little bit of runoff. Well see what happens then. Took more pics, waiting to be approved, glad to say everything is looking nice.

Ok, so here are the pics.
DSC00322rev.jpg

The room with new additions. Mother blueberry in the back right. The plant sizes range from 12 1/2 inches to 22 inches. Thinking flower time will be sometime later this week. Maybe Friday.

DSC00323rev.jpg

This is the 22 incher. Looking more healthy every day.

DSC00324rev.jpg

No new problems on leaves lately. They like the new nute regimine. This girl is 21 1/2 inches.

DSC00325rev.jpg

Another blueberry top.

DSC00326rev.jpg

Big ass fan leaf from the mother plant. Looks all good to me.

So i was just wondering how tall a 2 foot plant would be when it finished flowering. Maybe 4 1/2. Thats about all the vertical room I have. Maybe five feet. Let me know what u guys think.
Peace.

im guessin you will have plenty of room and those plants are looking pretty good

Was just smoking a blunt and a question came up in my mind. Should I water the 22 inch plants with the same nutrient strength as the 14 inch or the 10 inch plants? After all they are all the same age pretty much. Thanks for the help guys.

And another question...if i mix a gallon of nutrient solution and only use half of the gallon, will it cause nutrient lock-out if i save the rest and use it again in three or four days?

a good rule of thumb is give it about 2 to 3 times the height from the time you start flowering. . i.e 12 " could endup about 36" :peace:

Yeah, well i got a few 24 inchers and I hope they dont grow to be 6 feet. I know the plants from my last harvest didnt triple in size, but that was probably because of all the nute burn and salt build-up. I guess I can try to tie the big girls down. Anyone know of the best way to do this. Sorry, im reallly high and keep adding shit to this thread. Im done now. Time to go water. (After i finish this blunt)

Unless your setup really well, you probably couldn't provide the right conditons to get a 6 ' tall plant. . . Same age, same nute strength, try to give the same amount every time you water with them, or even water for that matter. plants like consistancy.

Bagz :peace:

P.s. about tying them down, do a search for LST ( Limited Stress Training) very easy to do.

^ Its Light stress training by the way. When you use this method, especially when you tie the whole cola down to the ground, you will encourage upward branching to accur. It will produce several colas and can even increase your yield dramatically if done right.

true, ill look that up. Flowering tomorrow. I cant post pics right now cause my comp. wont connect to the wireless internet. im on my roomates right now. Ill still take them and resize them, then post when I can. Things are looking really good. Ill look up light stress training and see what I can do. Since I am flowering tomorrow, i will start a once a week update with pics(if i can get it to work). I will still be on frequently, but I have started summer class and will have less time. Plus i think it would be cool to see the growth, weeks at a time. Damn, im high. Ill talk to u peeps later. Thanks for the info SG4 and Bagz.

And please let me know if nutrients can sit together in their mixture for a week and still work properly. i.e.-no nute lockout or anything

Back
Top Bottom