First Tent: Alot To Learn

I have purchased my first tent. I bought a 2’3” x 2’3 x 5’3” and I already see it’s a bit short & small. To equip, I have an ac infinity t6, mars ts 1000, with a 6” ak-rhino filter. So far I have added a small bottle fed humidifier and clip fan so far. The t5 won’t arrive until next week.

For my first run I decided to go with autos and chose, orange sherbet. Germed in paper towels, popped in 1.5 days. This morning I put in soil and added to the tent. For pots I am using 12 liter root bags, probably a bit big? For soil I am using a local potting soil designed for raised beds and pots, I added to the 40 liters, 15lbs of worm castings, aprox 20 liters of last year’s soil, .5 cup epsom salts, and mixed with roughly 15% pearlite.

I have set up my light at 36” and reduced the power to 50% at least until they break ground. Is this correct?

I know there are specific things that are different indoors, I am open to any suggestions or advice towards setup and/or grow. I am a novice at indoor.

GT.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It looks crowded but manageable. Your grow is very healthy looking. How long did you veg for?

I see the same with the humidity, the tent fills fast, it also evacuates fast.

From seedling/sprout, how high did you set the power%? I raised to 60%. Overnight all three autos popped. I've never grown autos before.

Hope you don't mind the questions. I'm eager to learn.

I have set up my light at 36” and reduced the power to 50% at least until they break ground. Is this correct?
That's correct, they don't need any light until they break ground really, but when they do break ground they only need a small amount of light first.
I'd leave the light like that ( 30" at 50%)
For the first days of their lives,until they have a couple of true leaves and get used to the light.

Your set up looks good :thumb:
I'll hang around if u don't mind the company

Hey stinker, nice setup!
I use 2 tents but each a bit smaller then yours. I only had (have, still going) one run, but I plan on using each tent for 1 flowering plant.
I'd say you don't need the fan just yet, on the contrary you need rh level high and fans lower it.

Besides that all seem good with the setup, looking forward to see them autos grow. Enjoy!

This my setup :)

20210202_175813.jpg

High & nice looking little set up you got. Those 12 ltr. pots should be perfect for Auto's. I use all Mars Lights also (TSW 2000's & TS 3000) but I usually keep my lights a little closer when I start seeds to prevent stretching & keep close node spacing. I usually start at about 24" & at 50% brightness. About every 7 - 10 days I increase it be 5 - 10 % depending on how much they grew. Being a shorter tent you'll probably want to keep them shorter & bushy. Remember, with Auto's you only have till day 21 from sprout to do your Topping & Trimming. After that they start to flower so you don't really want to do much more then LST after that.

High & nice looking little set up you got. Those 12 ltr. pots should be perfect for Auto's. I use all Mars Lights also (TSW 2000's & TS 3000) but I usually keep my lights a little closer when I start seeds to prevent stretching & keep close node spacing. I usually start at about 24" & at 50% brightness. About every 7 - 10 days I increase it be 5 - 10 % depending on how much they grew. Being a shorter tent you'll probably want to keep them shorter & bushy. Remember, with Auto's you only have till day 21 from sprout to do your Topping & Trimming. After that they start to flower so you don't really want to do much more then LST after that.
Thanks Buds, I'll lower the light as suggested. Can you top autos without screwing them up? This strain gets tall.

U can but ideally u want to top before day 21
On average thats when pistils start showing up on autos

Thanks for the pic. It looks crowded but manageable. Your grow is very healthy looking. How long did you veg for?

I see the same with the humidity, the tent fills fast, it also evacuates fast.

From seedling/sprout, how high did you set the power%? I raised to 60%. Overnight all three autos popped. I've never grown autos before.

Hope you don't mind the questions. I'm eager to learn.
No worries, I veg under a cfl I had a 125w that just shit the bed so now I use a 300w cfl untill about 3-4 weeks then I put them under the mars. They pout for a week then come around. And I veg under the mars till I figure I have them where the stretch will still give room. :Rasta:

Thanks for all of the advice, it’s much appreciated. Today is the 3rd day since popping for two and the 2nd for the one closest the door. Just calling it day two for the three. I’m anxious to see what autos can do. Is topping really safe id done early, do you top tight like FIM or take the whole crown?

I have lowered the lights to 23” and increased the intensity to 65%, humidity stays around 60/70% since dialing in the humidifier. I think they look ok? I'm not sure how fast they grow with 18 hrs. Will ad pics next week

My t6 fan should arrive today, I hope it is as quiet as they say. I returned another brand that I bought from amazon. Waiting to get a better temp, humidity gauge until I see what comes with fan and how it works.

I attached a few more pics of tent if anyone has any suggestions on setup. Now for a taste of some cured outdoor.

Thanks

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

pf.jpg

Tent looks good mate ,and yeah its ok to top auto's but since this is your first time doing auto's personally I would let nature take its course,,certainly a little dose of mild lst an leaf manipulation,,just until you get to grasp auto's
They threw me for a loop first time after being used to photos there like a completely different species
The way they need cared for,watered,nutes it all takes getting used to
But I'll help anyway i can altho there's much more knowledgeable people here who could walk u thru topping a auto's
Good luck on your grow :goodluck:

I am changing my light cycle from 6:00 / 00:00 to 21:30 / 15:30. That’ll have the lights on for 33.5 hrs. I think they can handle it. Today is day four.

I also pulled the wire on some 4” ducting to reduce the diameter and get it to fit into the 3” lower tent port for an intake. My tent doesn’t have a 4” lower port. Is that what they are called, ports? The fan system works great.
Tent looks good mate ,and yeah its ok to top auto's but since this is your first time doing auto's personally I would let nature take its course,,certainly a little dose of mild lst an leaf manipulation,,just until you get to grasp auto's
They threw me for a loop first time after being used to photos there like a completely different species
The way they need cared for,watered,nutes it all takes getting used to
But I'll help anyway i can altho there's much more knowledgeable people here who could walk u thru topping a auto's
Good luck on your grow :goodluck:
Thanks, I will top or fim at least 1, probably 2. It seems most experienced auto growers top, so I'm gathering all the information I can.

The camera angle is deceiving. There is 8” on both sides and 4” in the back.

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

Hey Stinker, looks like a good start, altho I know nothing about indoor growing but these other guys have heaps of experience! :ganjamon:
Thanks Stunger, your grow looks spectacular. Great job keeping them full and squat.

Time for me to try indoor, I like to learn new ways. My wife doesn't really like plants on the patio. Maybe 1 in a greenhouse this year. Hoping you get your seeds!

I am changing my light cycle from 6:00 / 00:00 to 21:30 / 15:30. That’ll have the lights on for 33.5 hrs. I think they can handle it. Today is day four.

I also pulled the wire on some 4” ducting to reduce the diameter and get it to fit into the 3” lower tent port for an intake. My tent doesn’t have a 4” lower port. Is that what they are called, ports? The fan system works great.

Thanks, I will top or fim at least 1, probably 2. It seems most experienced auto growers top, so I'm gathering all the information I can.

The camera angle is deceiving. There is 8” on both sides and 4” in the back.

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00135.JPG
Hey, looks good. I Just started growing two months ago and I grow autos. Everywhere I read they say you should not top autos because they just simply don’t have enough time to recover. I only low stress training mine. My light schedule from the very beginning has been 20 on and 4 off. I also ran my carbon filtration system 24/7 for exchange of a good air to the plants and ran a small inside the tent fan on a very low setting just to create a slight breeze because it helps prevent mold and it also helps the plant to develop strong stalks. They say your pot size should be 1 gallon for every month of life of the plant. Good luck with your grow and happy smokin!

Everywhere I read they say you should not top autos because they just simply don’t have enough time to recover. I only low stress training mine.
I believed similar until I started seeing the results of guys like @Apoc & @multiVortex. I think they make a good point that the vegging can be tricked to continue longer and hence build a bigger base for more buds. I've seen this to a far lessor extent on my first auto grow last year, how a fellow grow buddy also started a seed from the same packet and with zero plant training whereas mine was LST trained and his went to flowering 2-3 weeks sooner than mine and turned out about 1/3 smaller.

Anyway, if you guys are on your first grow you don't won't to be too ambitious, but for your future ambitions check out this thread page where both Apoc and Multivortex have posted some of their astonishing sized topped & trained auto plants where they turn that theory upside-down.:ganjamon:

Hey stinker,
Everything's looking good.

I've got a 2'6"×2'6" tent with a ts1000 inside, and I've just purchased some orange sherbet auto seeds, so I'm along for the ride.
Exciting.:thumb:
Have you started a journal?

Hey, looks good. I Just started growing two months ago and I grow autos. Everywhere I read they say you should not top autos because they just simply don’t have enough time to recover. I only low stress training mine. My light schedule from the very beginning has been 20 on and 4 off. I also ran my carbon filtration system 24/7 for exchange of a good air to the plants and ran a small inside the tent fan on a very low setting just to create a slight breeze because it helps prevent mold and it also helps the plant to develop strong stalks. They say your pot size should be 1 gallon for every month of life of the plant. Good luck with your grow and happy smokin!

@Stunger is right. With autos you gotta run em indoors under excellent lighting, top em by day 21, and defol a bit every couple days if you want em to get big and produce.

If I’m not pulling at least a qp off an auto, I’m pissed. Typical pull off an auto for me is usually 6-8zips. Some go larger, much larger.

Back
Top Bottom