First Tent: Alot To Learn

Day 35. I added more LECA to the top of the bags; it seems to have helped the bags hold water better. I can now go 48 hrs between watering/feeding. I am treating the same as outdoors and feeding with every watering. I have decreased N minimally and increased the P/K. There is a touch of tip burn but nothing I am concerned with.

There is a definite correlation that I see between how much the auto is messed with/trained and how soon it starts to flower. In one of the pics below you can see crowns from all three plants. I am running out of lateral room, all three are invading each other’s space now.

I treated the soil to a second treatment with Solbac (bti), my sticky trapped a few adult gnats a couple weeks ago. No more fungus gnats after treating the soil.

Wishing all a good day and a happy grow.

DSC00207.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00210.JPG

Day 37 - I've been trying to keep the canopy as even as possible. Every morning for now I take a handful of the older fans. The center growth is starting to fill in and get a bit of girth to their stems.

I have been training and treating as if these were outdoors. Is there anything training wise or other that applies to indoor? Any suggestions on what I can do to improve on this grow or indoor overall would be appreciated.

I'm still unsure of my need for calmag other than I hear indoor grows usually require supplementing with CM. From what I understand C&M are more easily depleted due to light intensity. Is this correct and does it apply to soil? I have been supplementing CM at 2ml per 4L every other watering. Is that enough to make a difference?

Enjoy the day.

DSC00211.JPG

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00213.JPG

Hey stinker I finally got caught back up here. Your journal got lost in my list along with with few others.

Plants are looking healthy, and ys you're running out of space to move the branches.. ifnthe stretch is still happening you could always resort to supercropping to get other branches to go where you want, but there just isn't a lot of room left.

I'm going to guess your Clawed leaves are from that nitrogen, possibly the ewc you said were still balled up, or because of the amount of N you feed paired with the ewc was just too much. As you said earlier, time to dial back N anyways, good call.

You are certainly going to need that cal/mag supplement as once the plant his flower they will start to use more of those 2 nutrients, mostly calcium I believe. It's not often you see a calcium deficiency in a veg plant, normally once they are flowering it will come out. Notnsure which cal/mag supplement you're using, but I was using general hydroponics and during flower was adding about 5ml/gal. Each brand may be a little different.

Hope things keep working out well. If you find you're getting way too crowded in there, go and do some defoliating or chop off the small tiny branches under the canopy that will only amount to tiny popcorn buds. As long as you keep some airflow going thru that canopy you should be fine

You are certainly going to need that cal/mag supplement as once the plant his flower they will start to use more of those 2 nutrients, mostly calcium I believe. It's not often you see a calcium deficiency in a veg plant, normally once they are flowering it will come out. Notnsure which cal/mag supplement you're using, but I was using general hydroponics and during flower was adding about 5ml/gal. Each brand may be a little different.
Thank you Dick, I use biobizz cal/mag and will up the dose.

Hard to believe! Its day 40 – The one plant that was showing some clawing is no longer showing any symptoms. The leaf tips on all are a bit dry; I suspect it is partially due to lighting as well as getting a touch hot with the nutrients earlier.

All three are taking the nutrients well now. I have started using a locally produced product, a growth stimulator/booster. I'm not naming or promoting, but am curious if others use similar.products. I am just not familiar with any. It seems more like a concentrated tea and is made with – alfalfa, herbs, bacterial and fungal cultures, enzymes, vitamins and antioxidants that are produced during a fermentation process. It is claimed this process produces the following active substances. Auxines, Cytokinins, Triacontanol, Gibberellins, Abscisic Acid, Silica, Salicylic Acid, Brassinosteroids, Antiocadants. If true, this is probably a great supplement. I doubt it can hurt? Does anyone use or know of a similar product?

I added a few more pics for reference. Things should start getting more interesting soon.

Happy Easter!

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00224.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

Looking much better! Glad to see that leaf claw went away for you. Moving on up.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little tip burn, the plants are telling you that you've found their max feeding point is all. Seems like thing are balancing out there now. Good job

Buds are building and its day 46. As usual I am getting some early yellowing of the lower fans. I will up the feed again a little bit. They are hungry.

Enjoy the Day.

DSC00226.JPG

DSC00227.JPG

DSC00228.JPG

DSC00229.JPG

Today is day 50 and 25 days since the first pistols showed.
Last week I watered once without N-P or K. It was the first and the only watering without feeding. I am now playing catch up and the girls don't want to play nice. I've been here before outside. It seems once they start scavenging the fans for P/K, they are never satisfied with supplements alone. Tonight at lights on they will get another good feeding. I am hoping to get the yellowing fans under control soon.Trying to stay green.

Hope everyone is enjoying their grow.

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

What water do you use stinker?
I found the water in the Italian mountains to be full of minerals.
My water where I live is hard and full of stuff. When I flushed my latest girl scout cookie as an experiment, she went yellow and ate the leaves really quickly.
Did you flush for harvest?

I use tap water. The area where I live use deep aquifers to supply the area. From what I understand is it has minimal mineral content. Its ph tests at or just slightly under 7 and is always the same. I grow in soil and don't mess with the water or ph. The most I do is let water sit out for 12 to 24 hrs before using. I mix nutrients shortly before using.
Last summer I fed plain water outside in early flower as it was hot. I ended up seriously chasing yellow the remainder of the grow. This time I did similar, we had some early warm days last week and I topped up the bags with plain water. Yellow in flower is just is uncomfortable. I have never had lockout, but with yellow I always wonder. The fuller the plant, the faster she yellows when using her leaves.

Your water sounds nice, mine has a ph of over 8 and full of calcium, I know the calcium in my water can have an impact on k levels.

I don't normally flush but I did on my last plant, I had 2 gsc autos, I flushed one to see the difference.
The one I flushed ate itself quickly.
20210405_104718.jpg

This is what my water did, I started flushing to early, ended up just having plain water for the last 2 weeks.

Your water sounds nice, mine has a ph of over 8 and full of calcium, I know the calcium in my water can have an impact on k levels.

I don't normally flush but I did on my last plant, I had 2 gsc autos, I flushed one to see the difference.
The one I flushed ate itself quickly.
20210405_104718.jpg

This is what my water did, I started flushing to early, ended up just having plain water for the last 2 weeks.
I don't flush. Wow, hungry plant.

I wonder, do plants take up less P&K from soil once they are consuming fans?

That depends on the easy availability and amount of the p&k in the soil.
I know the calcium in my water affects the p&k uptake from the soil.
There's a chart called the Mulder chart that shows how one mineral / element blocks others. I think that is what happens with my water.

know the calcium in my water can have an impact on k levels.
Interested in this.
There's a chart called the Mulder chart that shows how one mineral / element blocks others.
Looks like you answered the question in my head. I have calcium carbonates in my water too. Quite a high amount. I will look up the Mulder chart.

Back
Top Bottom