First Tent: Alot To Learn

F5CED51E-3D52-4A0C-8323-3784554E5132.jpeg
AF72117B-0DBF-4C33-9CD3-D70CB4C4F236.jpeg

That's the chart, really interesting knowing the symbiotic relationships of the nutrients, especially if you're using tap water.
I switched to RO water but my water had high levels of calcium carbonate and I’m wondering if that’s why I always had issues. I’m also organic now too so just teas and the water and maybe some top dress. At my first time so I do t know how flower will go but I’m extremely optimistic.

I switched to RO water but my water had high levels of calcium carbonate and I’m wondering if that’s why I always had issues. I’m also organic now too so just teas and the water and maybe some top dress. At my first time so I do t know how flower will go but I’m extremely optimistic.
That's the conclusion I'm arriving at, my water has 267mg of calcium carbonate per litre.
When I flushed that last plant it caused what looked like a k deficiency to me.
So In essence I raised the levels of calcium, which caused demand for k.

Day 54, lights on feed and water.

The stretching has stopped so I have untied everything. I left the strings attached so I can open more when needed. Buds are filling in slowly. Everything is more yellow than I like. It seems to be a trait of the strain.

DSC00241.JPG

DSC00242.JPG

DSC00243.JPG

DSC00245.JPG

Getting there! Day 59

According to the breeder these should finish by day 70. I hope they go a little longer than that.

I'm germinating a Do Si for outside and will let it veg inside for a month or so. Its also time to figure out what to run for the first photo-period indoor. I'm thinking 4 indica dom's with a 4/5 week veg.

Happy 420

DSC00246.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00248.JPG

Looking good stinker! Ik going to say they might surpass that 70 day mark from the breeder just by a quick look.

They sure are looking delicious though! Almost there!

Starting to get some nice smells, colors and a little bit of frost. I cant help but feel like I missed a critical feeding or something during a growth period during or shortly after the flower transition. Things stalled and then got yellower than they should have, I think there was a period they wanted more and went without, I’m still learning. I don’t know if it’s autos or indoor grows in general that aren’t as forgiving as outdoor. There is still time to fatten up. Autos mature fast; I wasn’t really ready for the accelerated growth in flower. Lighting has always been 18/6. I’m anxious to try photo-periods.

On 4.20 I dropped a Dos Si straight into soil... she will eventually go outside. I am working on and still looking for my first living/thriving soil recipe that will get me through, or mostly through flower outside. Ingredients aren’t as easily sourced here. I have good soil to get through the first up-potting's.

I am trying a lens attachment for my cell camera.

Happy grows.

20210423_152349.jpg

20210423_152438.jpg

20210423_152459.jpg

20210423_152601.jpg

20210423_152613.jpg

These still have lots of time I think. They look good. They bulk up in the last few weeks.

what do the trichromes look like? Anything to zoom in on them with?
Thank you Reave.
I am playing around with a lens for my cell. Will update in a minute. They are maturing fast now.

I’ve been playing with a cheap snap-on macro lens for my Smartphone camera. So far I’m not impressed. It does help see the trichomes. We are close now - I was hoping for more time to fatten up for a healthier harvest. For the three, I figure I am anywhere from 8 to 14 days until ready. That puts the breeders guide pretty close. They say 9/10 weeks, and it’s a day over 9 now. Pic heavy post.

The smells are nice and strong, sort of a fuely citrus smell. The carbon filter is necessary for stealth. If I open the tent, the house is filled with scent.

Been trying to finish a project and have not had much time to post or even lurk here.

The Do Si for the greenhouse shed her helmet, and is still in her first pot. I like that she was dropped as a whole bean on 4.20. She is my 1 and only outside girl for this year.

Wishing all a Great day!

DSC00250.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

DSC00254.JPG

20210425_102025.jpg

20210426_080045.jpg

20210426_080153.jpg

20210426_080223.jpg

Looking good stinker! I'd say there's a week or 2 left as well. But from the pictures it looks like there's some nice cloudy trichomes in there just harder to see.
That macro lens sure does help get some closer pictures and seems to work ok. If you want to get a closer look then that you may need a jewelers loupe or a digital microscope.

Looking good stinker! I'd say there's a week or 2 left as well. But from the pictures it looks like there's some nice cloudy trichomes in there just harder to see.
That macro lens sure does help get some closer pictures and seems to work ok. If you want to get a closer look then that you may need a jewelers loupe or a digital microscope.
Thanks Dick, The trichomes are pretty thick and cloudy in there. Not many amber but that can change fast.
I ordered the lens for cleaner trich pics, and it works great for that, especially when zooming in on the raw image. My only gripe with the lens is its a rather crude attachment, more a point & shoot rather than focus in on. For under $20 its magic.

Not bad at all for under 20 bucks. I may need to look for one for my phone since that's what I use for pics now. I've got a good camera but a macro lense for that is pricey.

Not bad at all for under 20 bucks. I may need to look for one for my phone since that's what I use for pics now. I've got a good camera but a macro lense for that is pricey.
It was an amazon buy and came with 3 lenses. Fish-eye, wide angle and the 25X Macro. Its a clip on, there are at least 3 sellers with different names.

Getting closer, the odor is strong now even with filtration. I should be able to get another week out of the furthest along. Buds are filling in nicely and fattening up.

The light intensity is probably a bit much for the sprout. It’ll be okay, she will eventually end up outside.

Have a great grow!

DSC00255.JPG

DSC00257.JPG

DSC00258.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

DSC00260.JPG

Hey Stinker, your plants are looking lovely, must be smelling particularly dank in there!

As for when to harvest, I have seen plenty do so from where yours are, to later. I have no expertise because I read when I started out growing that it's best to try and wait another week when you want to harvest, and I saw similar advice from others, so I have always harvested when some amber started to show. I only grow outdoors once a year so I have never taken the 'risk' of chopping them earlier.

Whatever you do, you'll get a lovely harvest very soon! :thumb:

Hey Stinker, your plants are looking lovely, must be smelling particularly dank in there!

As for when to harvest, I have seen plenty do so from where yours are, to later. I have no expertise because I read when I started out growing that it's best to try and wait another week when you want to harvest, and I saw similar advice from others, so I have always harvested when some amber started to show. I only grow outdoors once a year so I have never taken the 'risk' of chopping them earlier.

Whatever you do, you'll get a lovely harvest very soon! :thumb:
I have a routine where everything is rotated to the right each watering. When I do this two come out so as to make it easier to rotate, clean up fans and drain runoff etc. The smell lingers in my office longer each watering. My wife says Its sticking to me now after handling. The exhaust and filter keep it nice and quiet if the tents not opened.
These trichomes are hard for me to read . There really is not much sparkle anymore and some amber, that's why I was wondering what others see. Id love to fatten up the buds as much as possible. They do keep kicking out white pistols but are showing some fox tailing now. I really don't want to take too early. One is a good week behind the other two.
This being a first indoor and autos, I am at a loss as to what kind of a yield I am looking at. Buds are dense but I have no clue as to what to expect weight wise.

Back
Top Bottom