First Tent: Alot To Learn

Looking great stinker, I'd say you're just about there. I personally like to see about 10% amber trichs over the plant as a whole, the top buds will most likely ripen before the lower ones so I like to check both. Once I see some amber showing on the lower buds that's when I harvest.

Seeing that you said there are still some new white pistols shooting out I would wait close to another week just like you thought. The calyx's should start to swell around them as the week progresses. You'll be chopping by next weekend I'm sure.

Getting close.

20210504_094740.jpg

20210504_094759.jpg

I decided to give it a few more days before chopping anything.

The Dos Si I dropped on 420 for the greenhouse appears to have a mutation causing variegated leaves. I will grow it out. It could be interesting.

20210506_111839.jpg

DSC00261.JPG

DSC00262.JPG

DSC00263.JPG

They're looking fat and gorgeous :bravo:
I'm intrigued about the taste , I've got a 12 day old orange sherbert on the go. I hope the buds end up as fat as yours.
Thank you. They smell great. The one bud I quick dried on a router was rough tasting, the high was most definitely there. A cure is needed for taste. These buds are still fattening up so I'm giving some more time. For me these were always hungry plants. I think I missed a point/growth spurt at around 2 weeks into flower/stretch that they could have used more p/k earlier. I couldn't catch up with the yellowing.
Hope your grow goes well.

Chonky chunky buds man, they look great. I'm sure you'll be rewarded by waiting that little bit longer.

Sunday I chopped 1 and yesterday, Tuesday another. The last in the tent looks to have another week at least. I stripped the first plant yesterday and boxed for a slower dry before jarring for cure. It looks like the yield will be a couple zips, the other two are a little larger, not much though. Killer buzz!

Yesterday I started to germ 4 in paper towels between saucers for the next grow; all 4 had roots today. My next is a mixed bag of mostly freebies for my first photo run… a White Widow, Bruce Banger, Blueberry and a personal bag seed from last summer’s outdoor grow. I most always get a couple seeds from the lower growth on fully matured plants. Last year’s grow resulted in 11 seeds from 13 zips. This will be the first attempt at growing any of these seeds out. My understanding is these are the result of small single internal nanners, a last attempt at propagation. These should be female???

My mutated Dos Si has not grown out of her variegated condition. Hopefully it continues throughout her life, it looks cool to me. I’m planning on topping & removing the lower nodes in a day or so, then putting in the greenhouse next week. Nights are still cold.

Enjoy your grow!

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

DSC00275.JPG

My inline fan doesn’t have a set control to cycle air at set times so I adjusted the humidity where it cycles at 62% dumps and pulls fresh air. Each cycle drops humidity to around 55%. Anything higher seem unnecessary.

I have decided that I will top 2 and FIM 1 as the reason I went with autos was to test and see what can be done indoor, I will be careful. When topping an auto, do you take the whole crown, or separate growth and take only the newest crown? For photos I always take only the newest while separating the new fans underneath. Advice is appreciated as I want to get this right. Thanks.

Watering as always is awkward with a seedling in a big pot. I know how to water them but am always concerned that water will saturate & compact the soil below. At the last minute I I decided to add about 1” of LICA to the bottom of the bags before adding soil. I hope this helps and not hurt.

DSC00142.JPG

Very nice progress here man. Sounds like uv got the hang of most things, just hope uv enough space for these girls when they blow up. thats ones prob most of us have is We want need more space lol

So autos dont like being transplanted or its just not worth it with recovery time etc. so i usually keep the seed area moist for the first week (so i know she has developed horizontal roots) and then water outwards leaving a small ring around the stem dry and just watering everywhere else.
I always try keep all the top soil damp/wet anyway to keep it alive or atleast promote growth, like u had the grass growing.

Iv recently seen this fan with the Humidity stat and temp if im not mistaken. But ur the first i seen using it :high-five: Is it good all around? does it turn on and off to create the perfect enviroment?
And that humidifier looks good for small places does it raise the H by much in ur tent? also something i need lol

Happy Growing:snowboating:

Edit: posted this forgetting to read the next 3 pages, Great job on the grow lol :Rasta: LOve the scenery pics above too Beautiful

Very nice progress here man. Sounds like uv got the hang of most things, just hope uv enough space for these girls when they blow up. thats ones prob most of us have is We want need more space lol

So autos dont like being transplanted or its just not worth it with recovery time etc. so i usually keep the seed area moist for the first week (so i know she has developed horizontal roots) and then water outwards leaving a small ring around the stem dry and just watering everywhere else.
I always try keep all the top soil damp/wet anyway to keep it alive or atleast promote growth, like u had the grass growing.

Iv recently seen this fan with the Humidity stat and temp if im not mistaken. But ur the first i seen using it :high-five: Is it good all around? does it turn on and off to create the perfect enviroment?
And that humidifier looks good for small places does it raise the H by much in ur tent? also something i need lol

Happy Growing:snowboating:

Edit: posted this forgetting to read the next 3 pages, Great job on the grow lol :Rasta: LOve the scenery pics above too Beautiful
Thank you indochronic.

This was a fun grow. The exhaust fan works great, the sensor reads the temperature and humidity. The controller can be set to turn on for both heat and humidity, a max fan speed can also be set. The humidifier works well for the size tent I have, it can easily bring up to 100% R/H. I cut a small strip of sandpaper that I put between the housing and the adjustable vent on top allowing it to be mostly closed and easier to adjust down. Without resistance gravity closes the vent and it shuts down.

Take care, happy growing.

Yea Autos are always awarding these days with better and better genetics/terps etc.
Sounds pretty nice defo my next fan buy. or if there is a fan to add a humi / dehumi to the one stat would be perfect. Im sure a DiY job could be done :smokin:
Thanks for that. of to do more research :reading420magazine::high-five:

I'm impressed with the quality of the autos.

Once I was able to give a decent amount of water I didn't need the humidifier. The big grow bags give off alot of humidity. That's where the humidity setting - fan control was most appreciated. I went oversize on the fan so I can keep the fan quiet with the speed down and dump heat and humidity at set specs. I rarely set the fan speed above 2 of 10.

I reduced the light schedule from 18/6 to 17/7 so I can put the Dos Si outside before mid June and not worry about it wanting to flower. It shouldn’t hurt the last flowering plant and I can add the hour back for the seedlings. They haven’t even broke soil yet.

I just up potted 5 days ago, roots are already pushing through the bottom holes. One more up pot and a topping in the tent, then outside in around 10 days. She will eventually go in a 10 gallon Bag

I was able to jar 63 grams for curing from the first plant. Its less than I expected, but nothing to complain about. The second plant is larger and hanging with the one still growing.

Have a great grow!

DSC00276.JPG

DSC00278.JPG

DSC00279.JPG

I’m chopping the last auto today. I put her in the greenhouse the other day to finish off and get a bit of cold for the finale. Next week it will get down to -4c (24.5F), hopefully this is the last dip in temps for awhile.

The four new photo period sprouts stretched toward the light a bit more than I wanted or thought they would. My fault, I put empty grow containers with drain holes over the tops to diffuse the light; it really caused them to reach for it in just a few hrs. 1 sprout started with 4 cotyledons with the center growth bound up / closed off. It now looks like it will grow out. Depending; I will either grow out 3 or 4 with a 5/6 week veg. I'm open to suggestions and/or input as to veg time or number to veg.

I’m anxious to get the Dos Si outside. She is still showing the variegation, maybe it will continue throughout. Just need the temps to warm up a bit more before putting her in the greenhouse.

Happy grows everyone.

DSC00280.JPG

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00284.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

Back
Top Bottom