First thread - Nitrogen toxicity and the effects it has on my grow

dracularsdog

hello fellow growers/enthsiasts.
This is my first post on 420 and im going to cover nitrogen toxicity, and the effects it has had on my grow.
I have been growing using waterfarms for a couple of years now with complete trouble free success, untill this grow. Over confidence and an urge to push my plants to there limit have caused my plants nitrogen toxicity problems.
My aim is to cover what i did to rectify the toxicity and the effects is has on the final product, weight and quality.

My setup.

X 2 strawberry cake in gh waterfarms
under 2x hps lights amounting to 650w
150x80x200 grow tent and scrog net.
4" viper extractor and rhino pro filter.
feed gh flora nova bloom.

as you can see the leaves are very dark in colour, and the plant overall looks unhappy.
This was 4 1/2 weeks into flower. After this photo was taken i changed the res added only ph 5.8 water and flushed the plant for 7 days.
After the flush i added flora nova bloom at 350ppm.

That's not that bad. Your corrections should take care of it.
yeah its looking a lot better now, im interested to see how it effects the grow. for example more time onto flower, or effects on yield and quality. feel free to hang around i appreciate any imput

I had this happen on my first indoor grow. It was a northern light and I think low temps caused the nutes to lock up. I harvested, dried and cured the buds. They smelled like fresh cut grass. I ended up throwing it all away. My plant had the same dark leaf and similar bud formation. When I flushed the plant refused to take up the water. I am blaming the low temps they experienced two weeks before harvest

I think that the hay smell is something you can avoid by correcting the problem now and flushing the crap out of them before harvest. I have this problem with 2 plants I had to take early because they took a turn for worst fast for whatever reason and I didn't get time to adequately flush them.

The nutrient manufacturers schedules are really heavy on the feeds. I know I have dropped mine down considerably in the last several weeks.

What growing medium (coca, DWC, soil) are you growing in?

I had this happen on my first indoor grow. It was a northern light and I think low temps caused the nutes to lock up. I harvested, dried and cured the buds. They smelled like fresh cut grass. I ended up throwing it all away. My plant had the same dark leaf and similar bud formation. When I flushed the plant refused to take up the water. I am blaming the low temps they experienced two weeks before harvest
sorry to hear that friend. This plant has been taking up water and is starting to fatten up. il get a new photo once my lights come on.

I think that the hay smell is something you can avoid by correcting the problem now and flushing the crap out of them before harvest. I have this problem with 2 plants I had to take early because they took a turn for worst fast for whatever reason and I didn't get time to adequately flush them.

The nutrient manufacturers schedules are really heavy on the feeds. I know I have dropped mine down considerably in the last several weeks.

What growing medium (coca, DWC, soil) are you growing in?
im using a general hydroponics waterfarm with clay pebbles in the top bucket. i went went way heavy on the feeds and it came back to bite me. All the threads i read about the problem went dead so never found out how the plants ended up. figured id start this and weather thr outcome be good or bad its here for people to read

Well in that medium you should be able to recover from it fairly quickly. The damaged leaves wont change but the overall health should. These plants are plenty tough in veg but don't put up with a lot during flowering.

inw
Well in that medium you should be able to recover from it fairly quickly. The damaged leaves wont change but the overall health should. These plants are plenty tough in veg but don't put up with a lot during flowering.
yeah they have responded quite well, will the leaves hold there dark colour?

Back
Top Bottom