First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Canuckush

This will be my first attempt with an autoflower and with dwc, it'll be a single bucket and I'll let it go naturally to see how this Northern Lights grows, there are a few things I'd like to do further down the line but I'll have other grows coming up.
You can't learn if you don't grow.

I'll have the following gear and supplies for this grow.

5 gallon black bucket
6" net pot
Hydroton balls
Grodan rockwool cubes
General Hydroponics trio
Floragro
Floramicro
Florabloom
Ph down
85 L/H air pump
Large round air stone
Ph pen
Tds/EC/temp pen

Cks autoflowering seeds at 8 weeks flowering with 70% indica, 20% sativa and 10% ruderalis.

2 pm seed is in distilled room temperature water.
20190831_192349_HDR(1).jpg

9 and a half hours later she finally sinks with a slight tap to the head.

20190831_230720.jpg

It's been over 48 hours since the seed was put into the papertowel, I put the saucer on top of the stand up deep freezer over night the first night, it dried right out and was quite warm, I'm thinking I cooked the little bean. It has been kept moist and moved elsewhere but nothing yet so I dropped another one in a shot glass 4.5 hours ago and it sank just now, the other one took longer to sink.

20190903_220236.jpg

Hopefully this one pops, but I will leave the other one a couple of more days to see if will, if not then I know I cooked it.

After an 18 hour soak in the shot glass the 2nd auto bean has been added to the saucer this afternoon.
To reduce the heat directly on the bottom of the saucer I set it on top of a folded cloth last night and lo and behold the first bean had popped! So the decision now is what to do with the 2nd bean if it pops? Well I may just put that one in coco and see how they fare against each other because I have only 1 dwc bucket set up!

20190904_131357.jpg

That little tap root is growing fast today, I shall prepare a 1.5" rockwool cube for it.

:morenutes:

Happy growing!

A 1.5" rockwool cube had a 15 second soak in 5.35 ph water until all the bubbles stopped coming out, gave it a few shakes to release extra water and it sat for 2.5 hours.
The 1 cm taproot was planted into the cube and now we wait.
Hopefully I can remember the dry and wet weight of the cube so I can water as needed for the first couple of weeks until the cotyledons are used up by the plant and the first true leaves are formed.
I'll be using distilled water for the watering as needed.

20190904_164218.jpg

Happy growing!

Look at what I've created!!

My very first seedling in rockwool, now to keep her alive until she goes into the netpot, I'll make sure she gets a couple of weeks growth and some good roots out of the cube before she settles into her new home.

20190906_081656_HDR.jpg
20190906_081533.jpg

Also the 2nd bean I dropped also popped so I put it in a peat pod that I happened to find as the last box in the hard ware store, so I'll see if she shows her head, if she does she'll go into a coco pot.

Happy growing!

:nervous-guy: Seeing the seedling is making me antsy for my next run
Even in failure, my first run in soil was a disaster, this is addicting, I have 2 that I just flipped to 12/12, have these 2 just starting and I'm already looking forward to my next one!

I'll sub in canuckkush I am going to try Dwc for the first time myself on my next run. It will be fun to watch your journey and I'm sure I'll learn a thing or 2

I'll sub in canuckkush I am going to try Dwc for the first time myself on my next run. It will be fun to watch your journey and I'm sure I'll learn a thing or 2
Welcome, I'm sure to make some mistakes we can all learn from, it's one of the ways I'll be sure to learn myself! Haha!

Happy growing!

Just catching up over here. How goes it today?

:passitleft:
Nice, what we have here is a dwc vs coco comparison grow
Yes, it initially wasn't supposed to be but here we are, the coco I'm now used to, it's the dwc that's all new to me so hopefully I don't mess it up!

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom