First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Anyone know what the actual flowering period is for feminized Northern Lights?
[/QUOTE]
That I can help you with. I grew some femenized Northern Lights last spring. In the 110 day grow from seed, I believe 67 days for flowering from the day of light change. They were actually over rip and make for some top notch pain meds and the best sleeping aid ever.

I guess my neglect is due to my disappointment in these not being auto's, in hindsight I probably should have just culled the 2 and started over with the other 2 beans I have left from the pack, hopefully those 2 will grow like auto's. I'm too far along now to pull these so I'll let them go and see what happens, they look like they are both starting to stack buds so we'll see.

Me and the hubby just went through a difficult grow with our Northern Lights. I guess not so much difficult but the plant just stressed us out lol. We got a couple bag seeds from some Northern Lights we bought so we decided to grow em of course. About a month into growing they started showing signs that it was going into flower so we figured we had an auto flower on our hands. We just kept the light setting the same cause I read autos don’t really need a 12/12 on off for lights. It stayed in this weird just growing pistols stage for what felt like forever. I made a post on here about my concerns and after some great feedback turns out she wasn’t an auto flower but she was light stressed. So she started to go into flower, but because we didn’t dial the lights back she was fighting fully going into bud. Once we changed the settings we slowly started noticing a difference. We started her the end of May and she was done by the middle of August with beautiful buds. Even though I’m done this one I’m going to do a journal about her grow. Not sure if this was any help but just wanted to let you know you weren’t alone in the confusing Northern Lights plant department. Happy growing

That I can help you with. I grew some femenized Northern Lights last spring. In the 110 day grow from seed, I believe 67 days for flowering from the day of light change. They were actually over rip and make for some top notch pain meds and the best sleeping aid ever.
[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks Blue, I do believe I switched the lighting schedule at 8 weeks for these 2, I'll check the notes. I hope these finish ok and give me that good pain meds!

Me and the hubby just went through a difficult grow with our Northern Lights. I guess not so much difficult but the plant just stressed us out lol. We got a couple bag seeds from some Northern Lights we bought so we decided to grow em of course. About a month into growing they started showing signs that it was going into flower so we figured we had an auto flower on our hands. We just kept the light setting the same cause I read autos don’t really need a 12/12 on off for lights. It stayed in this weird just growing pistols stage for what felt like forever. I made a post on here about my concerns and after some great feedback turns out she wasn’t an auto flower but she was light stressed. So she started to go into flower, but because we didn’t dial the lights back she was fighting fully going into bud. Once we changed the settings we slowly started noticing a difference. We started her the end of May and she was done by the middle of August with beautiful buds. Even though I’m done this one I’m going to do a journal about her grow. Not sure if this was any help but just wanted to let you know you weren’t alone in the confusing Northern Lights plant department. Happy growing
Ok, I think I remember seeing your post on that situation, your flowering time is similar to what bluenoserjoe had as well, thank you for the information!

Ok, I think I remember seeing your post on that situation, your flowering time is similar to what bluenoserjoe had as well, thank you for the information!
Oops I totally made a mistake on my dates I was thinking of something else I really apologize. It was middle to end of May until October 23rd. It was a really long grow.

Oops I totally made a mistake on my dates I was thinking of something else I really apologize. It was middle to end of May until October 23rd. It was a really long grow.
Wow, long finish, but it turned out ok?

Calculating from preflower if they go10 weeks flowering I may have a harvest during Christmas or New Year's.

Just stopping in to say hey. I’m also doing a Northern Lights(Vision Seeds) Auto in DWC. Yours is looking good. I just started into week 4 of bloom. Starting to get frosty, can’t wait for harvest.
9749F0FA-7B85-4E72-8A4F-19456981C06F.jpeg
250DA258-212A-4CE2-8FA0-12653C2EF109.jpeg

Just stopping in to say hey. I’m also doing a Northern Lights(Vision Seeds) Auto in DWC. Yours is looking good. I just started into week 4 of bloom. Starting to get frosty, can’t wait for harvest.
9749F0FA-7B85-4E72-8A4F-19456981C06F.jpeg
250DA258-212A-4CE2-8FA0-12653C2EF109.jpeg
That's a nice plant, I wish mine was an actual auto, I would have been done by now, I'm about 6 weeks in flowering, I hope they start to grow some serious bud in the next 4 weeks.

I guess my neglect is due to my disappointment in these not being auto's, in hindsight I probably should have just culled the 2 and started over with the other 2 beans I have left from the pack, hopefully those 2 will grow like auto's. I'm too far along now to pull these so I'll let them go and see what happens, they look like they are both starting to stack buds so we'll see.

I think you will find all of the seeds from one pack the same. When they screw up they mix up the labeling for an entire batch of seeds

It's a pain you got seeds that were not labeled correctly but looks like you have the dwc growing figured out plant looks nice and healthy. Should be proud of what you have done with her being your first time with dwc.

It's a pain you got seeds that were not labeled correctly but looks like you have the dwc growing figured out plant looks nice and healthy. Should be proud of what you have done with her being your first time with dwc.
Yes, there is that, thanks.

Res change tonight, it's been 20 days since the last change.
Same soup as last time.
But this time I ph to 5.66, I'll let it drift up.
I don't know about these plants, although they are tall and are flowering there doesn't seem to be much to them, the lower stalk is wooden but as you make your way up, about half way they start to go soft, the further up the more it feels like a straw, I was thinking of super cropping the top of the Christmas tree to let the other branches catch up but it feels hollow inside.
And just by moving the net pot to change the res I bent 2 branches by brushing them passed the fan venting. Now they are dropping a bit.

I may end up culling them after all.

I’ve never grown it but from what I’ve read it say 45-50 days which seems kinda short :hmmmm: they are lookin happy and healthy! Sorry about them not being autos that is a bummer when your expecting one thing and get something else. Like when I bought what I thought were feminized seeds and got a surprise male! Totally sucked

Umm what lights are you running @Canuckush ?
These are under full spectrum daylight bulbs in brooder lamps.
I have 2 grow lights but since I'm not totally stealth due to my neighbor that constantly leaves their window open 24/7 and it's literally right beside the only window that I can vent out of, running those grow lights raises the humidity substantially in the tent so they're idle until I can figure out what to do with my space.

Umm well . No lights no bud .
I have never seen a stretch on a plant like that that isn’t screaming for some light ?
Could be wrong.
Good luck ! :)

Good luck with those seeds.

I got some of those fem northern lights auto seeds as a free extra, from crop seeds king.

I did it in DWC as well.
The thing I learned with this plant is to give it ideal conditions through veg so it can get as big as possible.

I gave mine severe ph stress and it got so pissed off as a small plant that I thought I was gunna lose it. So when it started flowering , it was very stunted and small.
I was still quite impressed with how it turned out. But the buds were super puffy and just fell apart once dry. I think I botched it. Or those seeds just suck.

Wow, long finish, but it turned out ok?
She took awhile that’s for sure. We light stressed them at the beginning and they suffered due to that. I’ve started a journal about them if you wanted to check it out and see her at the different stages. There’s a link in my signature

Back
Top Bottom