First Time Auto, OG Kush, Shallow Water Culture

Jazz Cabbage

420 Member
Seedstockers supplied OG Kush Automatic. 20/4 although I am considering switching to 18/6.

This is my first time growing an auto, up until a few months ago I didn't even know there was such a thing! To me Automatic cannabis is like when CD's first came on the market, I was like, where have you been all my life.

4" pot filled with expanded clay, sitting in the middle of a 30L tub sitting on top of another 30L tub with the nutrient solution. Hi powered pump (accidental overkill) sprays jets of water into the side of the pot all in a circle. Holes in the bottom of the top tub allow nutrient to fall back into the reservoir, however due to the volume that this pump can handle there is a continual shallow pool of water at the bottom. Pump is on for 15 minute every hour.

Light: Viparspectra PAR700W. Started at 50% W, gradually increased to 100% W and 100% Blue then added 10% R. From the third week I have been running 100% on each of the red white and blue channels, and after much mulling it over, I have decided to leave it at full power all the way through to the end. Although that is not set in stone. In a space in the laundry with 3 plastic walls making a 2' x 3' grow space, with one side open and a fan blowing across the top therefore no exhaust obvs.

GH Flora series, PPM 550, tap water was already at 140, no other funny business. Will prolly refresh nutrients and up to 700 tomorrow. Mixing at ratios suggested on bottle for grow period, although at a lower than recommended strength.

Seed popped up on Monday 24th Sept, manually removed the seed coat the next day which I am counting as day one. Currently nearing the end of week 4. No sign of the sex pistils yet which is rotten news regarding my master plan which was to bake my brain while celebrating the birth of the sweet baby Jesus.

Here's the first three weeks, week four update coming tomorrow. Plant was topped at 5th node on day 21 there's a before and after, which would leave 5 of growing tips however I removed the first pair leaving 4 pairs of growing tips. Lights 20 inches.

Attachments

• one week.jpg
    one week.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 26
  • two weeks.jpg
    two weeks.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 26
  • three weeks topped.jpg
    three weeks topped.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 27
  • three weeks.jpg
    three weeks.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 26
Thanks. Still short and stocky maybe 6 or 7 inches but it's been LST down to about 5 no sign yet of any pistils.

Attachments

• four weeks II.jpg
    four weeks II.jpg
    746.9 KB · Views: 22
  • four weeks.jpg
    four weeks.jpg
    676.7 KB · Views: 26
I don't know what to expect now, it might start to stretch or it might stay bushy. I was a bit worried when I topped at 3 weeks that it could flower too early but nothing yet. I have a scrog screen ready or it may just need LST only. But she's looking pretty.

Small update, I had to cool off.

This is a shot from Day 35, plant has been growing with the lights 13 inches away but had to move them to 16 inches to get a better spread. Just about to start week six plant is 10" high now with lots of lst and heavy defoliating, although I can never tell I've defoliated after two days. It's insane how fast it releafs doesn't miss a beat. Light are as bright and close as I get them and I'm sure this plant will stretch an expected 10" over the next two weeks.

I put in some new finer jets to encourage more roots out the side, which seemed to have worked.
Day 35.JPG
First-Pistil.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 20
  • day-37-side-view.jpg
    day-37-side-view.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom