First Time Auto Pots & Scrog

Stoneisland

Hello 420,

this is my first journal although I have a few grows under my belt.

awaiting
amnesia haze clones to pot to get it all moving.

I have the following set up-
2x 1.2x1.2 loft tents
4x 600w digital hps (2 in each)
10”rvk , Y splitter and reducer to 2x 6” carbon filters, with smscom hybrid.
4 25l auto pots in each.
Canna a+b, regenaroot, pk13/14 phdown.

I’d like to see what your opinions are on the veg time to scrog them, when to top and the heights for the screen/lights etc as this will be my first attempt at a scrog aswell as using auto pots.

thanks for the welcome.

Hello 420,

this is my first journal although I have a few grows under my belt.

awaiting
amnesia haze clones to pot to get it all moving.

I have the following set up-
2x 1.2x1.2 loft tents
4x 600w digital hps (2 in each)
10”rvk , Y splitter and reducer to 2x 6” carbon filters, with smscom hybrid.
4 25l auto pots in each.
Canna a+b, regenaroot, pk13/14 phdown.

I’d like to see what your opinions are on the veg time to scrog them, when to top and the heights for the screen/lights etc as this will be my first attempt at a scrog aswell as using auto pots.

thanks for the welcome.
Welcome friend. :welcome: I love auto pots. Any pics?

The clones have been in for 8 days now, 4 of them definitely look better than the other 4. I used great white for the initial pot. My feed is 1.2 ec, I’ve added a little silicon and calmag to the feed. Still top feeding, will get the autopots on start of week 3.

Ps. Not amnesia haze it is strawberry amnesia

F84882E1-1E88-4604-8C21-2FEC4360DE72.jpeg

9042D9F7-F2A2-4160-9156-3FD4FCCCFC87.jpeg

A595A3A7-328C-46A8-A925-BF5EF97F385F.jpeg

7418B1B5-916B-425B-A0EF-2EC8BFC14016.jpeg

FE742578-73A0-4091-865F-F1EAD94764F0.jpeg

0958328D-9F16-4D09-BBF1-B78FED71BC07.jpeg

The outtake has since been attached to a vent, venting outside, the intake is passive. Using a smscom hybrid to regulate temps
Rh is a touch low, but nice set up my friend. :thumb:

Rh is a touch low, but nice set up my friend. :thumb:
Thanks bill, It stays relatively cold in the loft, I don’t know what to do to help raise the humidity, I’ve boiled the kettle and filled up a pot in each tent when I can be bothered but I’m too lazy to keep on doing it to maintain the humidity I have all 4 lights turned on dimmed to 250w each. So 500w in each tent. Will turning them up to 400w each help with humidity or will it fry the 8 day old babies?

Thanks bill, It stays relatively cold in the loft, I don’t know what to do to help raise the humidity, I’ve boiled the kettle and filled up a pot in each tent when I can be bothered but I’m too lazy to keep on doing it to maintain the humidity I have all 4 lights turned on dimmed to 250w each. So 500w in each tent. Will turning them up to 400w each help with humidity or will it fry the 8 day old babies?
I wouldn't hit them with full strength light just yet. They look good and like you say don't want to fry them.8 days is young still let them grow a few more leaves then turn it up. Just watch closely. Have you misted them at all?

I wouldn't hit them with full strength light just yet. They look good and like you say don't want to fry them.8 days is young still let them grow a few more leaves then turn it up. Just watch closely. Have you misted them at all?
Full power will be 1200w in each but that won’t be until late flower. But I get what you mean, I thought 500w is enough for now, especially for the runt in there. Yeah I’ve misted them with plant magic evolution 2.0 last night. I think these are the worst clones I’ve ever had, really debating on seeds next time? Still unsure how long to veg for as this strawberry ammi is a huge sativa.

Full power will be 1200w in each but that won’t be until late flower. But I get what you mean, I thought 500w is enough for now, especially for the runt in there. Yeah I’ve misted them with plant magic evolution 2.0 last night. I think these are the worst clones I’ve ever had, really debating on seeds next time ‍♂️ Still unsure how long to veg for as this strawberry ammi is a huge sativa.
I don't run a scrog but I know who does. @GoogleGenie do you have any advise for our new scrog grower.

Hello so to raise humidity buy a humidifier or heat room up. 75 degree farenheit is good reference point. If you want to be cheap get a box fan a. Ig towel and a rectangle tot. Fill tot up with water put bath towel in water the drape over box fan and turn on leave part of towel in water it will wick water up towel and face will blow humidity in to room

Thanks for the tag @Bill284.

Welcome @Stoneisland. As Bill said, I ScrOG my 4x4 flowering spaces. You're welcome to come by my journal and say hey. You will meet some other cultivators there too.

In terms of when to ScrOG. It's really up to you. I usually put the screen on either just before, or the week into flowering. If you want to use it in veg, just give some consideration to adjusting the screen and defoliation. You really don't want to remove the screen once it's on. This is why I put it on when i do, so i have easy access during veg.

In terms of how high, again, up to you. I usually put it on anywhere between 9" and 12" from the top of the bucket/pot.

These are my current ladies under a screen

But it really depends. On my last run I had to use 2 screens, and they went on like 2ft above the top of the bucket because they stretched so much. You can't see the screen in this picture, but it's there:

:peace:

Thanks for the tag @Bill284.

Welcome @Stoneisland. As Bill said, I ScrOG my 4x4 flowering spaces. You're welcome to come by my journal and say hey. You will meet some other cultivators there too.

In terms of when to ScrOG. It's really up to you. I usually put the screen on either just before, or the week into flowering. If you want to use it in veg, just give some consideration to adjusting the screen and defoliation. You really don't want to remove the screen once it's on. This is why I put it on when i do, so i have easy access during veg.

In terms of how high, again, up to you. I usually put it on anywhere between 9" and 12" from the top of the bucket/pot.

These are my current ladies under a screen

But it really depends. On my last run I had to use 2 screens, and they went on like 2ft above the top of the bucket because they stretched so much. You can't see the screen in this picture, but it's there:

:peace:
Thanks for the reply genie, I’ve started reading your journal but it has a lot of pages to get through in 1 go lol. Interested in seeing what I can learn from it.

Thanks for the reply genie, I’ve started reading your journal but it has a lot of pages to get through in 1 go lol. Interested in seeing what I can learn from it.
Great, come by, you will get to meet Audrey, she might even wave at you ;)

I run RDWC at the moment, so it's different to your medium, although i do use Coco in the net pots, and the plants do spend most of veg in Coco. You may find a lot of it still relevant though. The goal is ultimately the same, soil, coco, dwc - give the plants what they want, when they want to, and try not to over do it :snowboating:

Full power will be 1200w in each but that won’t be until late flower. But I get what you mean, I thought 500w is enough for now, especially for the runt in there. Yeah I’ve misted them with plant magic evolution 2.0 last night. I think these are the worst clones I’ve ever had, really debating on seeds next time ‍♂️ Still unsure how long to veg for as this strawberry ammi is a huge sativa.
I'm so glad you had a look at his journals, wondrous amounts of great info. Im going to tag along and see how it goes. Happy growing friend.

Great, come by, you will get to meet Audrey, she might even wave at you ;)

I run RDWC at the moment, so it's different to your medium, although i do use Coco in the net pots, and the plants do spend most of veg in Coco. You may find a lot of it still relevant though. The goal is ultimately the same, soil, coco, dwc - give the plants what they want, when they want to, and try not to over do it :snowboating:
Thanks G.G. I hope I'm not overwhelming you. Your knowledge is in high demand my friend.

12 day veg update. They’re looking good, the runt (in tent 2) is starting to pick up a little bit. Humidity is up to 45%, temp at 26°c. Ec is at 1.2. I’ve been adding shogun silicon and plant magic cal mag and they seem to like it. Great white mycorrhizae was added to the feed today too (still top feeding) I will be getting the autopots going in a few days. Autopots, roll out.

D4F9AA8D-BF58-4C8A-B3EE-0AC3DC767876.jpeg

Tent 1- strawberry amnesia 1&2
401CB687-91AD-4BA5-823D-42214C84B30B.jpeg

Tent 1- SA 3&4
0EE1280D-DFC3-4B1C-B6C0-B802C866CCAA.jpeg

Tent 2- SA 1&2
103A1573-17EB-4384-80B5-116D2EF31EFF.jpeg

Tent 2- SA 3&4
EF828178-DCCE-4932-B16D-BC2830175C0E.jpeg

This morning I Fimmed them twice on the highest nodes. I’ve read a lot on topping vs fimming and decided fimming is the best option for the scrog. Hoping they respond well from it. LST is to follow once they have recovered. I’m leaning towards a 4 or 5 week veg but I shall keep an eye on them and see how it goes. Not sure if I should turn the ballasts up to 400w each or give it another week at 250w, any suggestions? This is also my first grow using great white mycorrhizae and what a bloody difference it’s made!

Back
Top Bottom