First time: Auto Purple Express

Whitmaan

Hi guys, I’m a total noob here and to growing in general... a friend of mine has given me some seed from Freedom seeds and they’re Auto Purple Express. I’m just looking for general advise on what to do/ how to grow them and hopefully you can all be part of my first grow? They are already planted and growing so the photo is where were at right now.
Cheers for any advise

Attachments

• E18AD4FC-E5F6-4AC7-AA61-CAE4D027BC5B.jpeg
    E18AD4FC-E5F6-4AC7-AA61-CAE4D027BC5B.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 95
Hello and welcome to :420:

Looks like you've already jumped into your first grow!

I'm guess that's some soil I see, either that or I need more coffee.
Are you going to be growing inside or outside?
What plans have you made so far? I'm not a soil guy, but the more info you give, the more help you can get, there's a great community here!

Hello and welcome to :420:

Looks like you've already jumped into your first grow!

I'm guess that's some soil I see, either that or I need more coffee.
Are you going to be growing inside or outside?
What plans have you made so far? I'm not a soil guy, but the more info you give, the more help you can get, there's a great community here!
Thank you for the welcome!
I’m a tad impatient so just dove straight in without much prior knowledge.

I’ve not grown anything before this but have a couple friends who have little setups.

I planted this Auto seed 5 days ago in normal grow bag soil and have been spraying it lightly with water to maintain the moisture in the soil. it’s currently in a windowsill getting 6/7 hours of direct sunlight and the room is around 22c as I work/live in here. There’s a half decent breeze coming through and I think the plant is doing well so far, I’ve ordered a 4in1 device which shows PH, moistness, temp and something else (can’t remember what) I’ve got access to LED grow lights from a friend if I need them but don’t really know where to start. The soil is fairly packed in but I intend to repot the plant soon anyway as the pot is too small.

I think that’s enough info for the minute? (May have gone a bit overkill ) I’m really keen to become a decent grower and hope that you can all point me roughly in the right direction.

Seems a bit chilly for her, put a dome over top of her for now.
That's the meter you stick in soil correct?

Well like I said, I'm not a soil grower (I'm a newbie myself but went with hydroponics), but two pieces of equipment that you should invest in pronto is a PH meter and TDS/EC meter to test your water, get some PH up/down while at it.
For now the big hard part is going to be not giving it any nutrients, water only!!
I'll see if I can dig up some good reading for you.

That one above you should bookmark, and read and reread it to avoid many mistakes.

Start up a grow journal of your own, this will be the best way to get help throughout the journey. And read many others completed journals, they're amazing resources!

@stoneotter, hope you dont mind me using one of your journals as an example

For soil growing you probably won’t need a TDS meter (I have one and never use it), but a pH meter is essential growing equipment. I’d try to get her some more light- 6/7 hours a day will keep it alive but as an auto it wants much much more, and has little time to argue.

For soil growing you probably won’t need a TDS meter (I have one and never use it), but a pH meter is essential growing equipment. I’d try to get her some more light- 6/7 hours a day will keep it alive but as an auto it wants much much more, and has little time to argue.
Thank you for commenting. That’s on order and will hopefully be here tomorrow. I’ll grab the light off my friend and top her up on that, she’s in the window all day so is still “in the light” but obviously just not direct that whole time. Am I right in thinking I can put her under a lamp pretty much all day and she will thrive? I may do the 6 hours in the window and then the rest under the light? Sorry for the armature questions, I’ve sort of jumped in the deep end with this one, haha.

I’d get it under the light (slowly at first) and leave it there. Too many chances to shock or forget about the plant when moving it back and forth. It wants consistent light and to be left alone to grow ;)

I’d get it under the light (slowly at first) and leave it there. Too many chances to shock or forget about the plant when moving it back and forth. It wants consistent light and to be left alone to grow ;)
Legend, thank you for letting me know! I shall post pics over the next couple days to let you know how she’s getting on

Welcome aboard and to a great community. A quick bit of advice and action needed here I feel.

With an auto , they are designed to just grow with what is available as light and flower at a set time. This should be around week 5 of their life , where it will automatically put out female hairs and get on with stretching to flower SO..... We need to get as much done before 5 weeks as possible and we can. 1st thing to do and as soon as possible ( today if I can) , get her into her final pot you intend her to finish in. AUTOS are very root sensitive and hate being moved. Their growth rate is so fast that any hindrance of her feeding will effect her final growth and yield in a short time so we need to limit the possibility of that happening anywhere we can.
The lighting for autos is ideally suited to an uninterrupted 18 hours a day but can also cooe with less too. This however will have an effect on the whole process of her growing and often produces less attractive and poor yielding results and we don't want that at all. If you can get her under a light and keep the general area fairly moist at around 75% while she get her swag on.
For feeds you will need to thinking about what will feed her for the whole grow and how you will ensure she gets enough. This is down to how you want to go forward . If you choose the organic root then you will find plenty of products to work with your needs and have a more noticable flavoured result than with non organic. Overall this is really the only difference if you dry the harvest properly at the end. The potency will e similar either way too.
As for how to grow them properly , there a rw a lot of auto growers here and lots of support for a few different t ways to go with them If height is not an issue then you can keep them.more natural shape and size but if in a lower height space or limited then you can L.S.T (Low stress training) them to fit most spaces too. They are a great choice to wet your feet and once you have a journal run jingle, folks can walk alongside and support you too.
Don't worry about feeding her for a few weeks yet. She needs to have around 3-4 sets of real leaves before we have to even think about adding more. Good luck and hope this helps a little.
Enjoy your experience

Welcome aboard and to a great community. A quick bit of advice and action needed here I feel.

With an auto , they are designed to just grow with what is available as light and flower at a set time. This should be around week 5 of their life , where it will automatically put out female hairs and get on with stretching to flower SO..... We need to get as much done before 5 weeks as possible and we can. 1st thing to do and as soon as possible ( today if I can) , get her into her final pot you intend her to finish in. AUTOS are very root sensitive and hate being moved. Their growth rate is so fast that any hindrance of her feeding will effect her final growth and yield in a short time so we need to limit the possibility of that happening anywhere we can.
The lighting for autos is ideally suited to an uninterrupted 18 hours a day but can also cooe with less too. This however will have an effect on the whole process of her growing and often produces less attractive and poor yielding results and we don't want that at all. If you can get her under a light and keep the general area fairly moist at around 75% while she get her swag on.
For feeds you will need to thinking about what will feed her for the whole grow and how you will ensure she gets enough. This is down to how you want to go forward . If you choose the organic root then you will find plenty of products to work with your needs and have a more noticable flavoured result than with non organic. Overall this is really the only difference if you dry the harvest properly at the end. The potency will e similar either way too.
As for how to grow them properly , there a rw a lot of auto growers here and lots of support for a few different t ways to go with them If height is not an issue then you can keep them.more natural shape and size but if in a lower height space or limited then you can L.S.T (Low stress training) them to fit most spaces too. They are a great choice to wet your feet and once you have a journal run jingle, folks can walk alongside and support you too.
Don't worry about feeding her for a few weeks yet. She needs to have around 3-4 sets of real leaves before we have to even think about adding more. Good luck and hope this helps a little.
Enjoy your experience
Thank you for the great response, that’s certainly given me a lot to think about and I will repot the little lass now with some Perlite as my soil is quite dense.

I will make a journal tomorrow and keep you updated.

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom