First Time CFL Grow - Candyland - From Germination To Inhalation

MisterTee

What's goin on! I am new to this community and to forums altogether.
Throughout the past couple of months I have been doing some cannabis cultivating research and most of the time it lead me to forum posts on this specific website which were more than helpful.
But without further ado, I give to you my newly acquired hobby.
Her name is Candyland.

I am using two 60w 5500k CFLs.
two 24w 2200k CFLs.

Germinated 1 seed using the "glass of water" method then transferred the popped seed into a wet paper towel between two paper plates.
she actually had about a 3/4 inch sprout this morning so I put her in a whatever cube and threw some lights into the mix.
excited to see what happens.

When it sprouts I will transfer to my concealed speaker grow box where I will implement lst.
I will be using a mix of black gold organic soil and perlite as to provide an airy quality for better growth.

I plan on using nutes about 2-3 weeks after sprouting but still haven't decided on which I would prefer. I am a poor college kid so if you guys have any recommendations take that into consideration ;]
This is my first grow EVER, so any advice is always welcome.
Also... not a fan of negativity so keep that ish to yourself or smoke a fatty and chill out.

Lastly, enjoy and welcome to this adventure. :]

Re: First Time CFL Grow. Candyland. From Germination To Inhalation.

P1070690.JPG
P1070687.JPG
P10706771.JPG
P1070685.JPG
P1070682.JPG

Ayooooo. It has been several weeks from my last post. I have come back with great news.
It finally sprouted. I have no idea what took so long but the journey has begun. The plant as of now is about 3 inches above the soil and has sprouted it's first two fan leaves. I currently have it on 18/6 timed lighting and just watering every other day. Ill probably start nutes in about a week or two. I am new to this whole thing so I don't want to get over excited and kill it.
But I took a couple pics for anyone who comes across this thread.
20140222_103531.jpg
20140221_164808.jpg

20140223_112136.jpg
20140223_112154.jpg
First of all I apologize for the sideways pictures. But we are going on day 2 after my plant broke dirt. Leaves are looking alright so far. I don't know if they should be greener or what. I did have a question though. The top of the stem near the leaves is beginning to turn a purplish color. What does this mean? Is it natural?

looking good!

try to get your light closer to your plant, so she doesn't stretch to much.
stacking school books is a good way hahahaha.

are you planning on flowering in that speaker?

- musshy

Ya light is good.(18 hours lights on 6 hours off) :thumb:

You said, "Ill probably start nutes in about a week or two. I am new to this whole thing so I don't want to get over excited and kill it."

So, I suggested a light feeding when it was much bigger. I meant a nutrient feeding at 1/4 strength of normal(diluted with water).

A little purple on the stem is fine and normal. :hippy:

Ya light is good.(18 hours lights on 6 hours off) :thumb:

You said, "Ill probably start nutes in about a week or two. I am new to this whole thing so I don't want to get over excited and kill it."

So, I suggested a light feeding when it was much bigger. I meant a nutrient feeding at 1/4 strength of normal(diluted with water).

A little purple on the stem is fine and normal. :hippy:

How much bigger do you think? Like when it has a good amount of leaf development I would assume. And I am trying to go about this as organically as possible so would you recommend any decently priced organic nutes?
And purple stem is a happy stem! got it ;]

looking good!

try to get your light closer to your plant, so she doesn't stretch to much.
stacking school books is a good way hahahaha.

are you planning on flowering in that speaker?

- musshy

I will deff do this. I was scared at first to burn the plant because I have seen that a lot through out these forums with new growers but I don't think I am using that powerful of a light system anyway. Consider the light lowered! Ill take a pic of how high above the plant it is once I adjust. As far as flowering goes. I am going to try using lst, if I am not successful on that mission, my friend is actually growing outdoor in his backyard (We live in Cali) so worst possible scenario is a transplant to a bigger pot outside. Unfortunately its like a 15 minute drive away which would be sad. lol.

Okie dokie so I checked on the little little this morning and everything's looking good so far. The second set of leaves are coming in and she is staying a nice green. I'm going to lower the lights about 3 or 4 inches and try to get a secondary fan in the mix. Also what do you guys know about foliar feeding? Is it even necessary at all? And if it is, when and how do I do it?

20140227_180517.jpg
20140227_180507.jpg
20140227_093535.jpg
Hola! Well coming up on the end of the first week since sprout and things are going well. I adjusted the light to be about 4 inches above the plant to prevent stretching and I am feeding it just ph adjusted tap water. Also good news, I transplanted her into a bigger pot safe and soundly. Still black gold organic soil.

lookin good mr. t,
I pity the foo btw.

anyways....... put the back of your hand close to your lights... when it becomes uncomfortable, that's a great point of reference for how close to put your plant.
I would not foliar feed. hasn't been necessary for my grows.
lst is a great idea.

- musshy

Hey hey. So I am on day 8 in this growing adventure and when I checked on my plant she had shown considerable growth. Although she is looking healthy to me do you guys see any signs of stress? Also when should I begin implementing lst?

Back
Top Bottom