First Time CFL Grow - Guidance Please!

Hey Arctic nice plants. Have you considered topping your plants? I used to use cfl's too and i always had best results with short bushy ones instead of tall thin ones. Easier to get more of the foliage closer the the lights that way.

Ok, did some lst'ing, going to top next top that comes out. Hard to get good pics but here they are!
image3228.jpg
image3227.jpg

Hello again Arctic. Just wanted to say what works well for me is to top the plant first and then lst the top four branches. easy to control that way and the plant will be better balanced. I once had a plant that i did like your doing yours now and it kept wanting to tip itself over until i tied it to a dowel rod.

Ok, In your first pic at the very top you have two bigger leaves coming out. These are fan leaves. Gently pull the fans leaves downwards. You should see a clump of new growth and smaller leaves.
To "top" cut 100% of these new leaves and growth off leaving both fans.
To "fim" snip only 80% of the new growth. best way is to use one hand to bunch up new growth and snip just above where it meets the stem.

In the first pic on the next node down you will see tiny growth. This will be your new branches that you can eventually top if wanted. I hope this helps some sir. :)

Well that depends. If you plan on topping, then no. Topping is HST (high stress traing) and it will take te plant 3-7 days to recover. If you want to top, Id plan on another 2 weeks minimum after the first topping to make sure she gets back on her feet.
You can top and switch to flower, but its gonna prolong her showing her goodies so to me thats kinda wasted time. Might as well top, then get her vegging a little longer to encourage more branches then make the switch. Juts my opinion sir. Not the gospel by any means. :):)

Hello Arctic420! I've been catching up on your grow and you have a very nice start!! :thumb: With topping and LSTing growing can be a little confusing but always remember,... Its all up to what you prefer when it comes to deciding witch to do first!! Also I've grown three plants in one 3gal pot before and used Miracle Grow at the same time (With CFLs) and never had a problem. Also the harvest was wonderful!! I only say this to let you know,... There is more than one way to grow Cannabis!! P.S. If anyone does use Miracle Grow, there is no need to little need for nutes. You just have to do some good research and maintain a healthy garden to have success with Miracle Grow soil. Any thing else I could help you with, just give me a holla!! Check out my third grow (its one of my new strains) to see some ways I raise healthy young ladies!!

fim cutting is when you cut 80% of the new growth at the top of your plant in the attempt it will shoot up 2 tops instead of one and fim actually stands for "fuck i missed" i think

Well that depends. If you plan on topping, then no. Topping is HST (high stress traing) and it will take te plant 3-7 days to recover. If you want to top, Id plan on another 2 weeks minimum after the first topping to make sure she gets back on her feet.
You can top and switch to flower, but its gonna prolong her showing her goodies so to me thats kinda wasted time. Might as well top, then get her vegging a little longer to encourage more branches then make the switch. Juts my opinion sir. Not the gospel by any means. :):)

Preach on Bro.Spimp :amen:

Ok boys, and ladies of course! I topped 2 plants and left the biggest two untouched! I have one big monster and want to put it to flower but it's with another that I topped and is quite a bit smaller! Rookie move I know! The other two I have in a different cabinet are small, one cropped one not! All of them seem healthy but seem like they are growing really slow! Idk you tell me! Also my big one grew up into the light and burnt a leaf...should I remove it?
image3363.jpg
image3362.jpg
image3361.jpg

Back
Top Bottom