First Time Closet Soil Grow - Brainstorm Feminized - Luna Haze

Re: First time closet soil grow. Brainstorm feminized/luna haze

So I think my Brainstorm seedlings have been in the soil about 3 days now.. I can see a little green stem down there in the soil on all of them but they havent done anything. I think the soil might have been a little dry to start but I'm afraid to water them now without drowning them. So for the Luna Haze's i'm going to start them a little differently. I mixed a couple drops of thrive alive-red and a dab of Fish fert in a gallon of water. Then I took some potting soil and about 12 ounces of the water mix and got the soil good and wet in one of my drip pans. I filled 3 of the jiffy pots up with the mix and I have them in a humidity dome now until the seeds all germ to keep them really damp. I'm going to try planting these ones a little deeper too 1/2"-3/4" instead of the like 1/4" I put the other ones down. Thoughts?

Damnit..I didn't bury the Brainstorm seedlings deep enough..The little bit poking out in all the 3 cups was the taproot so they havent been doing anything but dying under the light for the past 3-4 days. I managed to get them down another 1/2 inch and put another 1/4" of the soil mix for the LH's over that. Lesson learned!

I'll have some pics up by the middle of the week. The 3rd LH seed cracked this afternoon so i'm going to plant all 3 before I go to work. At least 1/2" down in the soil!

Humidity domes BAD!! found mold around the rim of the 3 Brainstorm jiffy cups.

Unfortunately I think thats more the jiffy cup than the humidity dome, or a combination of the two. I'm not a big fan of Jiffy cups, they stay wet far too long for me. A nice wet peat mossy surface is just asking for molds. Just my two cents.

I've got 2 really good looking babies right now! Sadly they're both Luna haze. Is be fine just growing 2 solid sativas, only thing is they're not feminized so I'm gonna be really pissed if I end up with 2 healthy males a month from now. I'm thinking if I don't see any activity in the brainstorm cups by tomorrow I may germ a couple more. Those sativas are going to tower over them by the time they go under the halide..:( ill post some pics of the haze's tonight.

The smaller of the 2 luna haze's loks like it's taken a turn for the worst while the big one is over an inch now. The soil was pretty crusty before I watered them with straight oxygenated water yesterday. The previous Brainstorm's are toast. I've got 2 more Brainstorm seeds germ'n for the past 24 hours. Fingers crossed.

Sorry about not posting in a while..So I've been getting really frustrated lately with the whole grow project. Come to find out my upstairs thermostat has been on an automatic program to shoot up to 81 degrees at a certain point in the day. Which makes the area under the T5 go up to 84!! Which is why all my seedlings kept dying :( The joys of new home ownership....ha..

I haven't given up yet however..Since I spent about $1k on supplies it will take more than that to make me give up! I just ordered 30 seeds from mj-seeds.nl yesterday, the 10x3 value pack. I think it was big bud, northern lights, and bubblicious. Anyways lots of seeds and no feminized so I'm going to grow at least 3 of each(probably more like 5) first run through and hopefully I can get at least one good female from each group. Another thing I'm NOT going to do is use the peat jiffy *&^&%$%^$POS!!! cups. For one their extremely tiny to start off in which means sooner xplanting and more importantly they attract mold like you would not believe. Going through a few of my dead seedlings I could actually see mold on the root. This may not be 100% the jiffy cups fault but it sure contributed. So plastic cups all the way and no more than 77 degrees under the light during the day. They were pretty quick with my order last time. Right at about 2 weeks I think..maybe 11-13 days..can't remember.

So I got a sweet as bong the other day! err water pipe..yeah..;) The thing rocks, and for $95 it better! No fancy percolators or anything like that(those were $249+) but it is 100% glass and has a nice ice catcher. Smokes really good :smokin:

So I guess I'll close this thread here and start up a new one when my new seeds germ/sprout. Thanks all and take care!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

SOME DUDE TOLD ME THAT THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD DNY RLY WORK... I'VE BEEN GERMIN MY SEEDS IN A BOWL IS THIS BAD???
:peace::hmmmm:

Hello, you don't have to SHOUT to be heard here, lol.

You'll be far more likely to get answers to questions by posting a thread in one of the "how-to" type forums here than by adding a post to someone's concluded grow journal.

Although that one has probably been answered a few times. Seeds will germinate in paper towels... cups of water... soil... rockwool... perlite... in cracks in the sidewalk... and other places.

Back
Top Bottom