First Time Coco Feeding Problems

inferius

420 Member
This is my first time growing in coco, and I'm having some trouble with feeding. These seedlings are 7 and 8 days old. The temperature is kept from 70-75°F, the light is the recommended height, and I have been using humidity domes because the tent humididty stays around 45%. The coco was buffered twice. I am using Dyna Gro, and am currently following their feeding chart that recommends using 5mL of Foliage Pro per gallon of water, pHed at 6.0. I started feeding 24 hours after the leaves opened but at a very watered down dose. I've been feeding twice a day with pHed waterings between as needed, and have only given a full strength feeding twice. What do I need to change to get these on track?

Attachments

• 20201104_184554.jpg
    20201104_184554.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 20201104_184532.jpg
    20201104_184532.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 20201104_184427.jpg
    20201104_184427.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201104_184412.jpg
    20201104_184412.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
I don’t grow in coco, so not much help here.... but silly rabbit - tricks are for kids and domes are for clones, seedlings should not need it. Even if room or tent rh is a bit low, I think you’d be ok without the dome. Plus there’s other ways to boost rh mainly humidifier or pans of water & fan.

The ones eating up her cotys meaning she’s hungry.
Are you adding a cal-mag product?
How much water do you give per feeding?
Do you feed to runoff each time.

Ok you know coco gets no plain water right?....you gotta feed every time - thinks it’s 25% strength but don’t bet the farm on that one. Also coco is inert nothing for your plant in coco so it’s gotta be bottled fed, but with that said coco is low tech drain to waste hydro and not like soil at all - your ph is too high and should be set at 5.8 for hydro. You want 10% runoff each time to wash out nutes from last feeding.

anyway we need to get a coco person in here to correct my potential mistakes but yeah don’t change anything just yet until we get a few more replies in here

Be sure to answer all the questions so the others here reading will have your input

ok maybe the feed to runoff part shouldn’t matter on a seedling, but the cal-mag figures in greatly here for coco, again there are zero nutes or beneficials for your plant in coco - she only gets what you feed her.

What kind of water? If it’s tap you may have to remediate for chlorine or chloramine. Are you checking ec or ppm?

don’t think it’s necessary to feed 2 X per day for a seedling.

shout out for some help @Weaselcracker @Pennywise

Ok get rid of the dome and water to run off once a day at this point. Ph should be 5.8-6.2 with 6.0 being ideal. Mix your nutes to 25% of what the instructions say. Never ever give plain water in coco.

The temperature and humidity under the domes are likely the main problem. No doubt RH is near saturation under the domes. The lack of gradient between the plant and atmosphere combined with no airflow means they are barely transpiring. Which means they are basically cooking and not taking up water /nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom