First time dry herb experience - Holy cow!

one does develop tolerance to herbs smoked, and i have had some strains that were more heavy as you describe, than others. depending on your ailments, you may wish to look into using the lower thc strains and making edible candies of it. some very nice gummies are made with little sugar and juice as base ing.
look into making oil from your buds. follow directions for low heat ive never decarbed any ive used though my partner had and i found that less effective. enjoy your journey, its all a learning experience as each individual is different and something that works well for one may not for another.

Well that made for an unfortunate forst experience. I have been licensed to use medicinal cannabis in Canada since june 2016. If you are not familiar woth cannabis then lower thc would be a great way to start. Of course depending on your condition you are treating then the % of THC and % of CBD cam be adjusted. Yes u may need to smoke more but the rule is you can always smoke more.but you cant smoke less when you already smoked it. Also onset is different with everyone but when smoking THC spikes fairly quickly and then goes down unlike edibles that gradually rises, peaks and slowly goes back down. Trying different strains from the broad spectrum is best as it is trial and error and only you can find the perfect strain for yourself. Once you find 1 or 2 or even 3 that work for you thats when it becomes a lot easier providing your LP is able to keep them stocked. Good luck and hope things keep going well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey there MJLIfe! Good to see you didn't let your first time discourage you. I'm glad you tried other strains to find ones that make you happy.

I'm sorry you didn't get a response right away. Sometimes it's easier for newer members to come to us members that have been here a while and ask for help. We welcome ANY and all mj related questions in our journal. We want to help as many people as possible.

If I were you, and it was legal for us here, I'd be smoking everywhere I could! Lol! That's just me though. I've got a tolerance, but it's nothing going to be proud of. Lol. Yeah, a can smoke a lot of weed, but you are fortunate to need less.

Have a great day!
Feel free to come on over and see what's cooking in our world sometime. We love company!

:passitleft:

Okay, i was recently approved for medical marijuana.

I got prepared for my package to arrive by purchasing an Arizer Air.

Mine is through Bedrocan - 17 THC and 1 CBD

If anyone has seen an arizer air you will know how tiny the tube is that you place the medical marijuana into. I'm not sure it's even 1 bowl. Maybe half?

Anyway, I went outside where it was sunny to take it. Set it to green and inhaled. Nothing. Inhaled two more times, didn't feel anything. I then took it out to check if the weed had gone from green to brown. It was half brown. I shook it a little and put it back and took two more hits on it, then emptied out and went inside.

That's when it began. About 5 mins in.. I felt it creep up on me.

Now having never taken this before in my life but having tried ( alcohol and kratom in the past. Never together. ) i was kind of expecting it to be something like one of those.

It wasn't.

The only way i can describe it. It wasn't a high feeling. It was a low feeling. Like having someone place a hundred pound weighted blanket over me.

It began in my head then went to my body. About 15 mins in i started laughing over the most stupdiest things. Like really frigging hard.

Then, i became super tired. I fell asleep for one hour. When i awoke. I tried to continue working but within another hour i was asleep again. Then i got up and had dinner and such, did a few things and then i sat down again and i was out like a light again for 2 more hours.

It's now been 8 hours since i had it and i'm starting to feel like myself again.

Honestly, not sure i entirely liked it. I thought it would make me feel energetic, creative and wide awake and such. It wasn't an uplifting feeling. it was like going into a sauna with my clothes on and then getting into a hot pool. Uncomfortable but not overly uncomfortable.

Personally i have found Kratom to work nicely on pain without this heavy feeling ( even though if you pick the wrong strain with that you can end up feeling tired )

I thought with it being a sativa and 17%THC and 1 CBD it would be more uplifting.

This would be great as a sleep aid but not for functioning in the day. I couldn't function on that. I have four more strains from them that i will be trying ( one is 7% THC and 9%CBD, another 20%THC and 1 CB and another is 22% THC and 1% CBD and another is 17 and 1)

So my question is.... is this normal? will the sleepiness go away the more i continue taking or have i picked a wrong strain? Is it the high THC thats causing the sleepiness and feeling as though i am under water? Or should i have only inhaled 1 time?

I mean damn, it is a heavy heavy feeling. I now understand what they mean by the word stoned.

Hard to function like that. I was hoping i wouldn't feel so heavy and doped up.

Any thoughts or advice on the above appreciated.

Hi MJL! Welcome to 420mag. It's truly a great place to me. I too am relatively new here, and I just got my license on Friday (3 days ago). I too chose Bedrocan for my LP primarily based on pricing schedules. I live on AISH, Alberta's name for their disability program, so my income is exactly $1588/month. Obviously, I cannot afford to be paying premium prices for cannabis.

You never told us, and no one asked, what you are medicating for. Depression? Pain? Anxiety? ADHD? Gawd forbid, Cancer? Your diagnoisis and what you are medicating for has a lot to do with what you should be using, and your doctor should have educated you on that. If he/she hasnt we can. On this site, we know a lot about how to dose for whatever condition you are trying to medicate for. And the condition(s) you are medicating for have a lot to do with which plant you should be using.

Most people on this site won't know the names of the strains available to you through Bedrocan because they are proprietary strains that Bedrocan has developed themselves through breeding programs over the last 20 years throughout the world. Whether you should be dosing with just vaping or through edibles has a lot to do with your diagnosis, too. For example, if you are dosing for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which is a disorder afflicting the patient throughout the day, all day long, then edibles or oils are called for. This way, you don't have to vape or smoke over and over throughout the day as your high goes up and down. Up and down. Up and down. Sometimes with each hour, depending on the strain. But if you are dosing for Social Anxiety Disorder, a condition that afflicts the patient when faced with meeting people, going out into public, etc. then you might be better off dosing with vaping or smoking, since you would only need your medication during those times you would be going out and meeting with others.

These are just two examples to show you how important it is for us to know your condition you are adjusting your meds for.

You've had some great advice already on this site. Give us more info and let us help you even more. If you want it, that is.

And I, too, echo the sentiments that it's too bad no one helped you in the beginning when you asked for it. Also sorry you had such a trying experience for your first time. I've had some terrible experiences with strong thc sativas that rocketed my anxiety up through the skies when I used them. One even made me swear off pot when I was 15 years old for the rest of my life. I refused to touch it for the next 25 years until the pain in my back forced me to try cannabis for pain control and reduction. I've used it on and off since then, but only under great duress from the pain in my back and legs. I have only recently made the choice to use cannabis as my primary means of pain control over my Fentanyl patch that I've been using for the past 6 years. I"m on twice the normal dosage for Fentanyl than most people take. I apply two of the largest Fentanyl patches available to the skin on my abdomen every 2 days, one day sooner than most people who change their patch only every 3 days. That's how bad my pain is, and still I've decided to use cannabis over Fentanyl and the Tylenol 4's that I eat like candy to manage my pain. So this all is just meant to say that the decision to use cannabis again after more than 30 years has not been taken lightly. My wife-bot and I have discussed it until we're both blue in the face. She's terrified of the cannabis, having seen the terrible effects of "drugs" in many friends' lives. She still believes, I think, that cannabis is a gateway drug, something I do not. But I have her vote of confidence after her having watched how I take my meds over the last 10 years that I will do this responsibly and with an eye towards healing, not getting high.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like to get high too on the infrequent occassion, and I'm sure I will devote some time to that too. But that is a choice I am making based on many factors I have considered with great weight of mind. It is an act of freeing the mind and freeing the soul for me, though there would be others who would argue with me on that point. In fact, most of the people I got clean and sober with 25 years ago (and I remained clean and sober all these long years) would argue vehemently with me. But this is my choice. And it is my life. My private life. And soon that choice will be legal in our country, finally. The evils of prohibition will soon be swept away by a forward thinking government. Finally.

I'd like to try to help. I've got a lot going on right now, though, so I'm not sure how much help I can give. I will try to follow your plight (I've read the complete thread tonight because your plight interested me). Please forgive me if my stops are infrequent. I've got my own first grow going on (because I simply cannot afford to purchase any cannabis) and there have been serious issues with that. I've had a nutrient toxicity problem so far which has stunted my plants and was only recently caught and diagnosed by a wonderful member here, Scrogdawg, who helped me immensely to get my little babies back on track. But like I said, they've been seriously stunted during the first 7 weeks of life and I don't know how well I can coax them through further growth to the point that they may give me the solid yield I am looking for.

I've also got a thread that I "manage" for lack of a better word. I began it and many members look to me to answer questions in this thread. It takes up great amounts of my time right now, depending on the day. Weekends are worse. It's a thread that discusses cannabis topicals (oils and butters and creams and lotions that you spread on your skin) for pain relief. Right now I am in the middle of teaching them how to make a lotion with cannabis infused oils. If you are medicating for pain, you seriously should come on over to the thread for a look-see and stick around for a while. There's lots to learn and we've had some major successes in the lives of several people who live with debilitating pain from injuries, rhumatoid arthritis, regular arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines and the like. If you experience pain of any kind, we're here (there) to help. We can't do much for emotional pain, but we're mostly all good listeners. So bring on your emotional pain, especially if it stems from physical pain!!!

I also must spend time maintaining my 10 year relationship with my wife-bot (Ginette) and my 10- and 9-year-old dogs who are central pivots in my life. They require their share of belly rubs a day, too.

So there's a lot going on right now, and I cannot promise how much support I can give. But I will offer you this: as much as I can and in as many ways as I can. That okay with you.

Peace out.

Back
Top Bottom