First time DWC root problem: algae?

It basically does the same thing as the others. The discoloration you’re seeing could be stain from the nutrients. Root rot will smell really bad. You’ll know if that’s what it is.

Thanks Sarge. I can't get the z7, hydroguard or voodoo juice here. I'm going to make a tea with great white and molasses. I was also thinking about adding a little Seasol into the mix...

I'm not too worried about the slime anymore. The roots smell sweet.

I can get this enzyme product that is designed for ponds/aquaculture. I might try it in the future if I get sick of looking at it

Yeah pondzyme is provably z7 or pretty close. Hydrogen peroxide at a certain ratio with water for an hour or two once a week would do z7 or hydrogaurd job. The only time i got root rot i had almost no oxygen in the pots for at least a week. Its either more air or treatments. Ive been letting plants get too big and unmanageable. Too tall getting light burn. Shade spots. Hermies. Gonna start flipping at 12 inches and just do more grows insteas of letting them get huge and be half midgrade quality from shade spots

Hey fellas. Thanks for all your help with this. I brewed a tea with Great White, molasses and homegrown worm poo.

I did res changes on the weekend And added 2 cups of tea, Cyco Zymes and Ryzofuel. The roots have gone nuts. The slimy shit is now all gone. there’s some brown solids from the tea in the roots at the waterline. Very happy with where it’s at now.
FE75F1B7-D717-40A6-9484-B166D927C19E.jpeg

C946B957-E25F-411E-87C9-09219AE68B55.jpeg

I am fighting rising pH now more than before. It’s been climbing from 5.5 to 7.1 over 12 hours.

The leaves on the CMOG look a bit crumpled up. I’ve been hoping it grows out of it. Any idea what it could be?

10F1CEF2-90FE-4D70-A472-D008B61095E1.jpeg

Dinachem is looking nice
6777B564-5C63-4B68-B854-F54677A63280.jpeg

I just wanted to say if while using the tea after 1 week if you get a second mini slime apparently that is good and happens sometimes it did for me but was gone like 2 days later.

pH rise I think is your roots getting healthier and eating the food possibly but I am not as certain on that. My ph drifts up a lot as well and I just adjust it down using the drift to cover a wider ph range of 5.8-6.1

Thanks Sarge. I can't get the z7, hydroguard or voodoo juice here. I'm going to make a tea with great white and molasses. I was also thinking about adding a little Seasol into the mix...

I'm not too worried about the slime anymore. The roots smell sweet.

I can get this enzyme product that is designed for ponds/aquaculture. I might try it in the future if I get sick of looking at it
I know a guy on another forum that uses pond bacteria. He loves it, I guess its really cheap

Would love to run beneficials but can’t find anything available here. I do have some Great White powder and molasses though. I guess I’m trying to run sterile at the moment by adding the H2O2
Have you tried orca. It’s the same as great white just liquid form

Have you tried orca. It’s the same as great white just liquid form
Cheers. I've seen it online but not available locally.

I thought you found something
Yeah, I've found a product locally "Bayer Serenade". It's only available in big containers for the the agricultural industry. Will cost me about $400 for a lifetime supply of it. Unless it has a shelf life....

It's all going along alright at the moment just with the enzyme products.

Cheers. I've seen it online but not available locally.

Yeah, I've found a product locally "Bayer Serenade". It's only available in big containers for the the agricultural industry. Will cost me about $400 for a lifetime supply of it. Unless it has a shelf life....

It's all going along alright at the moment just with the enzyme products.
Just remember peroxide kills everything. It will get you home but adding anything thats alive may just be a waste of money

I used to add 15 ml (occasionally, more) of 3% H₂O₂ to every gallon I poured into my DWC reservoirs, or the equivalent of using a less diluted type. Never had anything growing in them except for cannabis, even when the reservoir was a nearly clear translucent plastic tote with a white lid. I also aerated as much as I could - using both the usual air pump and site stones, plus an aquarium power head in each reservoir. Hydrogen peroxide decomposes rapidly into H₂O and O₂. The stuff also dechlorinates tap water almost instantly.

Back
Top Bottom