First Time Fluxing

Modest Grower

Good evening my fellow growers,

This is my first thread and I intend to give it my all! I am currently doing a run of 4 autos and am taking the opportunity to flux out a Franco's Lemon Cheese. I am not sold on the strain but it was a freebie and germinated so here we are! My plan is to train the plant around the cooler and possibly graft it onto itself to make a complete loop. All techniques I am attempting to use I have learned on here while reading Light Addict's many threads.

Attachments

• 15781204276124110346730458959479.jpg
    15781204276124110346730458959479.jpg
    951.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 15781205330272596052774823433857.jpg
    15781205330272596052774823433857.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
20200103_225635.jpg

Here's one of the two White Widow Autos from Dinafem. There is also a Northern Lights Auto from RQS and a Jackpot Auto from Heavyweight Seeds (another freebie). All seeds have popped up but the WW pictured is slightly ahead of the pack.

Good morning friends!

Kimber015, thanks so much for following! I will be subbing your grow as well.

So, a little background... I used to closet grow out of the cooler with CFL lights back in my apartment days. I am totally new to autos and LEDs so I am trying to acclimate the autos to the LEDs with a transition period using these bulbs hanging low. Today, I moved the LED light closer and eventually, I will be removing the bulbs and running the bigger LED for the autos (fully adjustable spectrum) and making a DIY LED for vegging the Franco. I'll post some pics once the DIY light comes together. Heres a pic of the slightly lowered LED. The ladies are waking up but some are struggling to lose the helmet.

Attachments

• 1578154567425915429950727269973.jpg
    1578154567425915429950727269973.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 98
Good morning friends!

Kimber015, thanks so much for following! I will be subbing your grow as well.

So, a little background... I used to closet grow out of the cooler with CFL lights back in my apartment days. I am totally new to autos and LEDs so I am trying to acclimate the autos to the LEDs with a transition period using these bulbs hanging low. Today, I moved the LED light closer and eventually, I will be removing the bulbs and running the bigger LED for the autos (fully adjustable spectrum) and making a DIY LED for vegging the Franco. I'll post some pics once the DIY light comes together. Heres a pic of the slightly lowered LED. The ladies are waking up but some are struggling to lose the helmet.

I’ve no idea what fluxing is, I’ve seen the term used through out the forum the short time I’ve been here, but just not looked into it, so seeing yours pop up felt like a perfect time to check it out and find out in a journal.

Plus your camera shots are clean, what camera is that if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve no idea what fluxing is, I’ve seen the term used through out the forum the short time I’ve been here, but just not looked into it, so seeing yours pop up felt like a perfect time to check it out and find out in a journal.

Plus your camera shots are clean, what camera is that if you don’t mind me asking?
Just do a search using fluxing as the keyword on this msg board.

It is nothing more than another name for the trimming and training method called "manifold" or "mainline". Some growers are worried that some of society will think that manifold and mainline are bad, naughty words. But both of them are legit words used by people in the bottled gas businesses, electrical businesses and plumbing businesses. Those examples are easy to find by doing a google search. After looking at the pictures it is easy to see why mainline or manifold are perfect for the training method.

Have a good day.

It is nothing more than another name for the trimming and training method called "manifold" or "mainline". Some growers are worried that some of society will think that manifold and mainline are bad, naughty words. But both of them are legit words used by people in the bottled gas businesses, electrical businesses and plumbing businesses. Those examples are easy to find by doing a google search. After looking at the pictures it is easy to see why mainline or manifold are perfect for the training method.

Have a good day.

Thanks for the info, i tried googling it but couldn't find a layman term for noobs like me :D

You should check out Light Addict's fluxing threads on here, they are pretty cool! Smoking Wings is pretty spot on although I believe some say there are some nuances between fluxing and mainlining. I'm too new to really have an opinion. I use the term fluxing as I learned about it from Light Addicts threads and that is the term he uses.

As for the camera, I'm just using my phone, it is a Samsung J7 or something like that? I'll get back to you on that.

Have a good day.

Ahh that explains it thank you. I have been reading a lot into mainlaine, it’s somethig I plan to try on my next grow, I had never realised flux was just the same thing, flux for me is something I use when microsoldering. I’ve been researching since my last/1st grow and just learning the terms. I didn’t even know what a node was at one point.

Since joining this forum its been overwhelming the different techniques and terms being used. 4 months ago i thought growing cannabis was, put it into a pot, add water, smoke your bud.

It’s great here in this forum, people like yourself are so happy to help and give advice.

You should check out Light Addict's fluxing threads on here, they are pretty cool! Smoking Wings is pretty spot on although I believe some say there are some nuances between fluxing and mainlining. I'm too new to really have an opinion. I use the term fluxing as I learned about it from Light Addicts threads and that is the term he uses.

As for the camera, I'm just using my phone, it is a Samsung J7 or something like that? I'll get back to you on that.

I will go over and take a look at them, thank you. The plan is to mainline my next grow, but with 0 experience on doing it I’d really like to follow someone else’s as closely as I could. The original plan was to scrog, but I just keep changing my mind. I’m sure when the time comes I’d have read something else and changed it again.

It’s hard not to copy when you see someone do such an impressive grow.

My bloody iPhone camera looks like trash compared to that, maybe I’ll just invest in an actual camera and see if I can get some better photos.

Good evening fellow growing enthusiasts!

The ladies are looking happy as of this evening. The Franco is lagging but I am also not babying that one as it has a long road ahead. As mentioned, I am also not 100% sold on that strain for the flux.

Anyways, here's a pic of the second White Widow auto just before loosing it's shell.

Attachments

• 20200104_214154.jpg
    20200104_214154.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 107
I’m definitely subbed in to watch this. I’m a big fan of mainlining. Good luck @Modest grower sounds an interesting journal you’ve got planned.

Thanks for following! I'm pretty excited and I think it will be a lot of fun. Thanks again

I did a little late night tinkering and my DIY veg LED is at an early trial stage. I am remodeling my kitchen and this light came with the home. We are replacing it so I thought, if nothing else, I will learn something about LED lighting.

This is more or less just a test but I hope it works well for the Franco. I'm planning on hanging the light tonight. Here are some pics of the makeshift LED veg light. At this point it is really just the light with a plug and switch wired and the cover removed

Attachments

• 20200105_002029.jpg
    20200105_002029.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200104_234131.jpg
    20200104_234131.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 89
The makeshift LED light is over the cooler and the Franco Lemon Cheese is waking up :) I've also lowered the LED over the autos and increased the intensity.

I plan to continue to lower the LED over the autos and clean up the wiring on the make shift LED. Happy growing!

15782093656749021476778844577497.jpg

Attachments

• 20200105_012443.jpg
    20200105_012443.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 104
I'm genuinely disappointed in this jackpot strain from heavy weight seeds. I'm dropping another for a solo cup grow. I've lost confidence in the strain as a plant to fill up jars. I could be wrong and I hope I am but add solo cup grow to the mix

Back
Top Bottom