First Time - Forest Guerilla Grow

valas

Hello everyone I am new to growing but I have been reading a lot on these forums and other sites so I went ahead and started my grow in the woods. I have taken some pictures of the plants progress however my oldest seedlings are only 4 weeks old right now. They are all bagseeds with some at 4 weeks while the others are at 2 weeks. I think they are growing slowly though and I have a few questions as to why. I'm not sure if I have enough light as there are trees above blocking some of the sun during the day. During the afternoon they get the most sun. They are in a clearing but I took down some of the smaller trees nearby to give them more light. They also suffered a light frost early on and a lot of rain afterwards. I believe this might also have stunted their growth as I think they have been getting to much rain water, but I'm not positive. I havn't watered them for many days because of this and the soil is just now starting to dry out at the top.

The soil I used was from a local garden shop that is a mix of Peat Moss, Perlite, Lime, and another part I can't recall atm. I also mixed in a cup of Blood Meal and Bone Meal and some Bat Guano. Each hole has about 1.5 cu ft of soil. The water I use is from a stream nearby that PH tested at about 6.0. I also bought 2 types of fertilizer; Natures Harvest Fish and Seaweed Emulsion and Miracle Grow Organic Fertilizer, both of wich I havn't used yet.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. I'll post the pics when I figure it out...

if you need to, there's a sticky on how to post pictures.

upload them to the gallery now so they have time to be approved.

can't wait for pictures and more information =]

Well the pics were approved so here they are.

This was a few weeks ago as a seedling:
IMG_00361.jpg

And this is what most look like now at 4 weeks:
IMG_00491.jpg

Yes your right, but it appears that it just got a slow start or something, because the second one seems to be growing just fine, not streching or anything.. well maybe a little? But I mean, as long as they look good I wouldn't worry about the slow start, they should shoot up pretty quick from there... I'm going to guess that they aren't getting enough sun. Are they getting alot or what? Also, the first one looks a little purplish? Maybe it was a little cold at first for them too, maybed they wanted to stay in the seeds untill it was a little warmer, and we cant blame them really.

Yeah I believe you are right. I don't think the amount of sun is an issue but I know I could have a lot more however the trees above blocking the sky are quite big....and wont come down easy. I also live in the New England part of the U.S. and had the seedlings outside early, May 1st, and the nights would get cold, 40's sometimes so I think that might have contributed to the slower start. It is warmer now, 80's daytime, and warm at night so I hope they start growing faster. I also dealt with heavy rains, thunderstorms, and winds and they survived but I bet that also hindered their progress. I have only watered them myself one time because of the rains, and according to the weather I have another week full of rainstorms...I figure I might have to deal with more over-watering and stunted growth.

Oh and the first picture was a seedling start that was only about a week old.

Yeah I believe you are right. I don't think the amount of sun is an issue but I know I could have a lot more however the trees above blocking the sky are quite big....and wont come down easy. I also live in the New England part of the U.S. and had the seedlings outside early, May 1st, and the nights would get cold, 40's sometimes so I think that might have contributed to the slower start. It is warmer now, 80's daytime, and warm at night so I hope they start growing faster. I also dealt with heavy rains, thunderstorms, and winds and they survived but I bet that also hindered their progress. I have only watered them myself one time because of the rains, and according to the weather I have another week full of rainstorms...I figure I might have to deal with more over-watering and stunted growth.

Oh and the first picture was a seedling start that was only about a week old.

Since your plant has seemed to make it through such tough conditions I wouldn't doubt that its gonna be a very STRONG plant when its done. All that wind and rain just triggers so much stem growth so its like your plants gettin 'beefed' up lol. just wait they'll 'explode' in the next few weeks

Heres an update. They are now 31 days old. Let me know how they look.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_01331.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Water PH is actually about 6.6-6.8 not 6.0 like I said before and it comes from a stream right by my grow site.

IMG_01511.jpg

My soil ingrediants from a soil that is sold all pre-mixed:

IMG_0147.jpg

And here is all my fertilizer I use:

IMG_01461.jpg

Since your plant has seemed to make it through such tough conditions I wouldn't doubt that its gonna be a very STRONG plant when its done. All that wind and rain just triggers so much stem growth so its like your plants gettin 'beefed' up lol. just wait they'll 'explode' in the next few weeks

yah lol :laughtwo:
those are gonna be tough suckers and i bet they have a great root system built up!

I'm really not sure if they are stretched because this is new to me. I have read that Fox Farm is preferred but they don't have it anywhere in my area. I just hoped that because the MG fertilizer is organic it's better than the liquid chemicals I was going to use. I might have to look into ordering the Fox Farm stuff online. Do you think I will see a major difference if I use it instead of the MG. I actually havn't fed them any of the MG nutes yet because I didn't want to burn them as I thought they were still young...

i am preferring Biocanna products..
BioVega for vegging
BioFlores w/ BioBoost for flowering

i would recommend it to anyone! as long as they dont mind the pricetag on that stuff is quite a bit more than other brands.

Back
Top Bottom