First time - Greenhouse - Need help please

paintedfrog

Hi there,

Need some help with a few things, hopefully you guys can help out.

Firstly, for a greenhouse, what sort of carbon filter or air cleaning device can be used? Greenhouse is 20 feet x 10 feet, possibly 10 feet high as well (not sure), with 6 plants inside, one of which is "skunk" variety. It's relatively far back from the road so doesn't need to be PERFECT, but something cost effective that would work good enough would be excellent please. Willing to build something DIY too, if possible, especially if it will be cheaper. Just really need something that will work well though.. Don't really have too much disposable cash to spend, but definitely need something to reduce the chances of being caught. Every filter online, though, seems to be for enclosed areas with exhaust vents, so is there anything that'd be best for a greenhouse? Or a specific way to position one in a greenhouse? Near the window flap areas or something?

Second, what sort of soil is good to use for plants in pots? Currently worried about it not getting enough air and was considering hydrogen peroxide since the dirt is kind of compacted - is that a good or bad idea? When re-potting to bigger pots, what sort of medium would be better than just potting soil?

Third, what are some good organic fertilizers to use? Both for vegetative and flowering stage? And are there any specific nutrient needs for GDP, Tangerine, Girl scout cookies (auto), Diesel, and Nightingale?

Lastly, one of the plants is starting to have some small yellow spots on some of the leaves, and one of the leaves is a bit crumpled looking on the bottom. They're maybe three-four weeks old currently, and it's the tangerine strain that's having the problem. Looked up a bit about yellow spots and it seems there can be any number of deficiencies for nutrients, so is there a good place to start for it? There are at least one or two spots on at least every leaf, so it's a bit worrying.

Thank you for your answers if you guys can help! :circle-of-love:

First time, Greenhouse, need help please

Hi there,

Need some help with a few things, hopefully you guys can help out.

Firstly, for a greenhouse, what sort of carbon filter or air cleaning device can be used? Greenhouse is 20 feet x 10 feet, possibly 10 feet high as well (not sure), with 6 plants inside, one of which is "skunk" variety. It's relatively far back from the road so doesn't need to be PERFECT, but something cost effective that would work good enough would be excellent please. Willing to build something DIY too, if possible, especially if it will be cheaper. Just really need something that will work well though.. Don't really have too much disposable cash to spend, but definitely need something to reduce the chances of being caught. Every filter online, though, seems to be for enclosed areas with exhaust vents, so is there anything that'd be best for a greenhouse? Or a specific way to position one in a greenhouse? Near the window flap areas or something?

Second, what sort of soil is good to use for plants in pots? Currently worried about it not getting enough air and was considering hydrogen peroxide since the dirt is kind of compacted - is that a good or bad idea? When re-potting to bigger pots, what sort of medium would be better than just potting soil?

Third, what are some good organic fertilizers to use? Both for vegetative and flowering stage? And are there any specific nutrient needs for GDP, Tangerine, Girl scout cookies (auto), Diesel, and Nightingale?

Lastly, one of the plants is starting to have some small yellow spots on some of the leaves, and one of the leaves is a bit crumpled looking on the bottom. They're maybe three-four weeks old currently, and it's the tangerine strain that's having the problem. Looked up a bit about yellow spots and it seems there can be any number of deficiencies for nutrients, so is there a good place to start for it? There are at least one or two spots on at least every leaf, so it's a bit worrying.

Thank you for your answers if you guys can help! :circle-of-love:

Well here we go.. I have a 6*8*6.4 greenhouse myself, I grow in Michigan.. southern Michigan. I ordered some carbon filter charcoal activated filtration cloth to cover my two openings at the peaks of the greenhouse.
420-magazine-mobile929480353.jpg

I can cut it to fit the openings and have extra if it stops working.. Less than 10$ off Amazon. .. Also the best advice I can give you is GOOD FRESH AIR INTAKE AND a good opening for ventilation! It can get extremely hot in them and before I got help I was hitting temps as high as 129*.... now the highs are close to 100* (maybe) when it's high 90,s here. It's not that hot often. As far as fertilizer I use "Fox Farm Happy Frog " and I mix 30% of it up with perlite and coco. I am fairing well and this IS my first grow. With all the reading I do and spending time on 420 I am comfortable and confident my plants are doing well and will thrive. I paid 36$ for a 20 inch fan for my intake air vent and have not looked back. I water every 5-7 days and one week I do bat guano tea and the next Miracle grow. When bloom hits I'm going to use Grotek 0-50_30 Monster Bloom.... good luck to you and keep in touch. ...
420-magazine-mobile1269955095.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1193337895.jpg

Re: First time, Greenhouse, need help please

Well here we go.. I have a 6*8*6.4 greenhouse myself, I grow in Michigan.. southern Michigan. I ordered some carbon filter charcoal activated filtration cloth to cover my two openings at the peaks of the greenhouse.
420-magazine-mobile929480353.jpg

I can cut it to fit the openings and have extra if it stops working.. Less than 10$ off Amazon. .. Also the best advice I can give you is GOOD FRESH AIR INTAKE AND a good opening for ventilation! It can get extremely hot in them and before I got help I was hitting temps as high as 129*.... now the highs are close to 100* (maybe) when it's high 90,s here. It's not that hot often. As far as fertilizer I use "Fox Farm Happy Frog " and I mix 30% of it up with perlite and coco. I am fairing well and this IS my first grow. With all the reading I do and spending time on 420 I am comfortable and confident my plants are doing well and will thrive. I paid 36$ for a 20 inch fan for my intake air vent and have not looked back. I water every 5-7 days and one week I do bat guano tea and the next Miracle grow. When bloom hits I'm going to use Grotek 0-50_30 Monster Bloom.... good luck to you and keep in touch. ...
420-magazine-mobile1269955095.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1193337895.jpg

Hey, thank you for your reply

Wow, yours are looking way bigger and nicer already! Mine are still maybe 7-8 inches tall..thinking they may be growing slow, probably because there's not been much sun the past few weeks and also haven't known what to feed them yet. Yours really do look nice though.

Do you think that cloth will be enough for the smell? Are yours smelling already and does it keep the smell from leaving well enough so far? Does that restrict air flow at all?

Also, umm..what exactly is coco? Seen that multiple places now and not sure what it is.

Also, where did you position that fan? just by the door? The greenhouse I have has ventilation flaps on the bottom that can be rolled up, but still am worried about smell possibly escaping.

Re: First time, Greenhouse, need help please

Hey, thank you for your reply

Wow, yours are looking way bigger and nicer already! Mine are still maybe 7-8 inches tall..thinking they may be growing slow, probably because there's not been much sun the past few weeks and also haven't known what to feed them yet. Yours really do look nice though.

Do you think that cloth will be enough for the smell? Are yours smelling already and does it keep the smell from leaving well enough so far? Does that restrict air flow at all?

Also, umm..what exactly is coco? Seen that multiple places now and not sure what it is.

Also, where did you position that fan? just by the door? The greenhouse I have has ventilation flaps on the bottom that can be rolled up, but still am worried about smell possibly escaping.

420-magazine-mobile1314026348.jpg

I put the fan high and removed the top corner panels. It intakes the fresh air and moves it through and takes it out the other corner panel opening. The smell won't be too bad till flowering. I have not use this filter cloth yet so I can't tell you for sure but I am a much smaller set up and it should help. I have neighbors and I'm trying to be considerate. Although I'm legal I don't want to draw attention. If you leave your bottom flaps open and do a bigger fan I think you will have success. Moving the air is a must. Also make sure to note which way the air NORMALLY blows. Concentrate on starting your filter cloth on that side. There will be smell regardless outside. The cloth will slow air flow but not enough to be concerned with.
Google coco and it will explain the benefits of it for mixing with potting soil. . It helps with under watering and over watering.
As far as feeding your plants you should remember that the soil alone would feed them all the way through if that's all it had.... BUT.... I use Bat Guano tea every other week and Miracle grow between that . I will be using Grotek 0-50-30 Monster Bloom at flowering and the last two weeks just water to wash the plants.
There is a million videos on growing on YouTube! I suggest watching "Chef Derek Butts" videos!!!! He is great to watch and you will learn all the basics and more! Today is the 31st day of my growing. Three of my plants were clones I planted on the 19th of May and the other is a seed grow. I have an "Amnesia auto seed" coming this week that should take approximately 100 days to grow and harvest so that will be my 5th plant. Get on YouTube and check everything out!!!! You will be amazed at what knowledge is out there including ALL the fine people here on 420 Magazine that have helped me too!!!!

Back
Top Bottom