First Time Grow 1200 Watt

A flush wont stress them too much and if locked out they wont take any of their needed nutes either. I would remove badly damaged leaves too. Sadly when it comes to run off , it wasnt something i did ever. I got into the mindset of feeling the plants needs by watching the leaves. There are leaf charts on here that will guide you on which nute is lacking/overfeeding. It can help identify the causes and possible solutions. I thought it was more ppm measurments of runnoff to see if they are taking nutes than using ph?.

The only time you really even need to check out ppm is if you are experienceing toxicitys or deficiencys and are unsure what the soils ppm range is.

So if he measures and it's above 1500 it's unlikely a deficiency and if over say 2200, could be a toxicity. Thats all I generally use it for.

Ph out I've heard people say it matters but I feel like I see more people say it doesn't matter

Thumbs209. You appear to have the same monkey keyboard typing skills like me !!!. Can only assume your on a mobile ( again like me) . With lollipopping , you are aiming to rid the ladies of anything below your main canopy that wont get enough light and will waste energy and nutes for popcorn buds. For me the best time for this was once i got them under the scrog and spread out ready for flowering. When not scrogging and using just lst , once you have half your desired canopy height (dont panic about everything measuring perfectly level at this point) then i would remove all major fan leaves and strip any growing tip on the lower stems that will get lost beneath larger buds. Defoliating is a contentious subject but i have had lots of positives from doing it
You can defol a few times during flower too but not advisable after 4th week as no more leaves will be produced.
My defol would be 2nd week in healthy veg stage ( good growth , healthy plants)
2nd , 3 and 4th weeks of flower will slowly remove rest of fan leaves that block any bud sites in shadow. As we are indoor and not they are not fighting with other species etc... then rhe fab leaves dont really have the same purpise for us. They do still exchange light/growth and help with transpiration but .. so do smaller sugar leaves all over the bud sites. Providing tyour environment is plant friendly with humidity / temp ect.. then fans are not essential and can harm harvested yields.
Good luck hope it may help and that i have not got my head up my own arse here but this works for me.
I agree almost completely with this regarding defoliation. I continue to defoliate all throughout flowering with good effect. I leave fan leaves that aren't hurting anything or blocking light to growth below. I Would chop 2 or 3 leaves a day per plant. In hydro It has little to no consequence because it recovers so fast. In soil I'd be more gentle and do selective defoliation every 3 days to allow more recovery time. I would wager I get roughly 7 ounces per plant using heavy defoliation. Best is 20 ounces from 1 plant that took up 3 plants space.

What I also like doing is leaving a lot of the lower leaves like afan leaf canopy at bottom so any light that gets down to the bottom is caught by the blanket of leaves and less light lost hitting buckets/pots.

Some sound advice there fella. I used to worry over the fan leaves issue and too much but have been a fan( no pun intended!) of it since i tried it. Not fighting for sun as in nature , sold me. Too much moisture and light blocking for us indoorers. Lol and i love seeing all their glory shining like diamonds as they frost.

Try water in 6.8, 6.9 max and never higher. See what the water out ph looks like.

A quick glance makes me think magnesium deficiency but also something else. What's your ppm look like for water out? If that number is too low, could be you need to feed higher.
I dont have a ppm meter.. I thought that was only use for hydro grows ..iam need to go pick one up how do I use one of those

I dont have a ppm meter.. I thought that was only use for hydro grows ..iam need to go pick one up how do I use one of those

you can get them in a duo pack with a pH meter, for about 20 bucks on amazon. Individually i think its like anywhere from 10 to 15. Just a basic 4 digit ppm meter. You turn it on, stick it in the saucer holding the water, let it sit for 10 seconds or so as it zones in on the number and thats it :D Digital TDS Meter, PPM meter, same thing.

Its used in any case where you want to check how much nutrients is inside your soil or Hydro rez bucket. Its absolutely necessary for a hydro grow and only necessary for soil if your new to growing and are unsure what your soil nutrient levels are at and need to know to help diagnose. Same can be said regarding hydro.

Hello everyone this will be my first time growing . I will be growing 3 strain in big roots soil .the strains I have chosen are sundae driver, jr mints and sweeties all of them are clones .. i will be using nectar of the god full line.. and have a 4x8 grow tent with 2 600 watts hps and a 424 exhausted fan that i will be using to pull the air threw my carbon filter then threw my 2 light to keep them cool . I also have a veg room were i will be vegging them first befor i threw them into flower . I been watch people and study for over 2 years so hey i figure its my turn now i hope to learn and take advice and advantage form all u knowledgeable growers .peace out and i hope you enjoy
YOU CAN DO IT

Its used in any case where you want to check how much nutrients is inside your soil or Hydro rez bucket. Its absolutely necessary for a hydro grow and only necessary for soil if your new to growing and are unsure what your soil nutrient levels are at and need to know to help diagnose. Same can be said regarding hydro.
Thanks for the info iam go pick one up after work good to know whats in my soil

So u pick up a ppm meter and i have been feeding them between 300 and 400 ppm as whats suggested on the nectar line all my plants were good but one plant had a highter ppm on the run off than what i put in at 300 ppm and the run off was 589 ppm and a ph at 5.5 but went in at 6 .3 so i think its time for a flush on that plant . Right??

Here are some bud shots let me know wat you guys think so for the hsp light mess up the pic day 26

Attachments

• 20181027_090652.jpg
    20181027_090652.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181027_090558.jpg
    20181027_090558.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20181027_090635.jpg
    20181027_090635.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 44
  • 20181023_165509.jpg
    20181023_165509.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 43
Well guys its day 30 and iam at the halfway point and I got bad news woke up and my ladies look to have went threw some sort of shock only thing i could think of is I use tapped water from home instead of the filter water i been using I messed up big time damit. Wat should i do??

Attachments

• 20181029_114957.jpg
    20181029_114957.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 20181029_115006.jpg
    20181029_115006.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20181029_115010.jpg
    20181029_115010.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 65
Ouch.!!!! I use tap water for my grows. I live in uk and cannot store water prior to using it or afford/fit ro filters. I know many folks have said about chlorine and other nasty shit in the water but with no other option , i have to wing it. Never had any issues for coco grows woth it and i dont think my recent issues are that either. Wish there were other options available but no joy.

Yea man suck how thing can change in a blink of a eye . But Its thats my fault should of kept using my ro water from the water mill i usually go to..But on other hand i save a cut of each plant before I flowered then and i will be doing this grow again untill i master theses strain

20181029_122531.jpg

the two on the outside are the Sundae driver and the middle 2 are sweetie the one to the left and the one to the right thats the jr mint

Attachments

• 20181029_122536.jpg
    20181029_122536.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 46
Hey guys here's an update on my grow so out of the 12 plants i was able to save 7 the other 5 iam gonna turn into wax just waiting for them to finish up.. Iam upset that I lost almost half my crop but at least i can turn it into something rite.. while here are some pic at week 7

Attachments

• 20181120_170638.jpg
    20181120_170638.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 20181120_170545.jpg
    20181120_170545.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20181120_170541.jpg
    20181120_170541.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20181120_170535.jpg
    20181120_170535.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20181120_170531.jpg
    20181120_170531.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 49
Hey guys here's an update on my grow so out of the 12 plants i was able to save 7 the other 5 iam gonna turn into wax just waiting for them to finish up.. Iam upset that I lost almost half my crop but at least i can turn it into something rite.. while here are some pic at week 7
sorry to read that mate. any idea what happened to cause it. i have been using "tap safe" which kills chloramine and chloride for fish tanks and even has beneficial bacteria too. seems to help with my poisenous tap water and been using great white myco too. has turned my crop around totally now. tried storing water as suggested but the 100litres butt fell off when stand collapsed and it flooded my loft , waterfall in our bedroom onto the bed and blew the electrics not to mention the state of the ceiling now !!! .lol
seems disaster after disaster on this one. i only hope i reach harvest before i sink the house.
your buds look decent enough so not all lost.
good luck with next one. will be on it when u get it going

Back
Top Bottom