First Time Grow, 2x4 Tent Six Bulb T5ho White Widow & Early Miss Organic Grow

I really need to start
I'd save the stem for the salve personally. Stems, trunk, leaves, roots all go into the salve. I don't think there's enough THC in a stem to justify anything close to the time and cost of making QWET.

Honestly I’m just making a ‘stem infused’ vodka. Dunk the thick stems/stalks(only) down the neck of the bottle, let sit for a month or so...... something different

May work, maybe just for looks,

Either way it’s pretty

Shoulda used the Bombay bottle like old
Time, looks like a nice green through the blue glass.....

QWET I’d have to look up sry man , simple mind over here lol

Quick Wash EThanol. It's a very effective way to strip the trichomes from the plant. Here's a great tutorial on how it's done:

Quick Wash EThanol. It's a very effective way to strip the trichomes from the plant. Here's a great tutorial on how it's done:

Bah!! My stupid country doesn’t let us get ever clear!

My next duty free trip, whenever that is, damn kid haha

Seriously man, I luv edibles, I wanna make sugar, every recipe I’ve seen calls for everclear

I have medicated butter ,olive oil & coconut oil in my Fridge /freezer

But I’m stuck here...... no everclear at all

But boy oh boy ! have I ever been watching/reading grandpa smash stuff!!
Jealous to b honest haha

I use oil infusion for everything and it works fine in edibles. Check out Preston's cooking thread for all sorts of recipes with butter and oil.

A dab press will get you pretty close to pure THC, if you have the money and access! And all that drippy rosin :).

A human encyclopedia I luv it!

And I was reading that the other day!

Oh man the oils been great , both kinds, haven’t dabbles to much into the butter, just had in mashed potatoes , not bad! Haha

Don’t know how I made it 20yrs in chronic life and barely ever ate/cooked.

Been on the capsules now for a few years , so good, I luv em

But homemade edibles,
Unreal

Double, triple infused, oh yeah.....

Nothing better then ‘Rollin with a buzz’

And I just found out a guy I work with is Dab crazy!

Probly the only way I haven’t tried/used cannabis
Pretty damn excited! I got an invite for the new year lol

Can’t wait

Gonna be a great 2020!

Not being a sugar person, I've never understood the edible thing. Same effect as capsules with a hell of a lot more work!

Here is the link to show your mom on topical THC:

Gonna be a great year, how can it not be sounds so futuristic!

‘meanwhile In the year 2020......’

Haha

Yeah caps r my fav by far, stealthy strong easy and reliable
Pricing out if worth making then or just keep buying bottles lol

Sugar is just to expand my recipes,
As for edibles......
I luv to cook, and luv the chronic, two of my favorite things that work so well together, and I’m lucky to be able to create some amazing infused/medicated meals

Thanks so much for that article, great read :thumb: and down the rabbit hole I go.....

Mommas gonna like this one!

:thanks:

Gonna be a great year, how can it not be sounds so futuristic!

‘meanwhile In the year 2020......’

Haha

Yeah caps r my fav by far, stealthy strong easy and reliable
Pricing out if worth making then or just keep buying bottles lol

Sugar is just to expand my recipes,
As for edibles......
I luv to cook, and luv the chronic, two of my favorite things that work so well together, and I’m lucky to be able to create some amazing infused/medicated meals

Thanks so much for that article, great read :thumb: and down the rabbit hole I go.....

Mommas gonna like this one!

:thanks:

I guess you know what I like...

full

Capsules & Filling Machines

The lowest cost is found on e-Bay. Each bag holds 1000 capsule parts. The cost per 1000 size 2 capsules was $11.70 CAD. The size 2 filling machine was $47.26 CAD, and the size 0 was $24.29 CAD. Size 0 capsules hold 0.25gm dried flower or 0.68ml. Size 2 capsules hold 0.15gm dried flower or 0.37ml.

To get these amounts of dried flower into the capsules, you'll need to tamp them down several times. I don't recommend dried flower as the dosing is not accurate. You'll find some will hit hard, others not at all depending on the trichomes they contain. Dried flower was decarboxylated and ground before putting it into the capsules.

Filling the capsules with oils takes a fair amount of time. I used a blunt needle on a 5ml syringe. I have an adjustable 0.1ml - 1ml pipette coming to see how that works out.

I had no idea capsules came color-coded! I've only seen clear, but I haven't checked Ebay. Is there a reason you went with dyed capsules?

I find it takes longer to get the capsules ready to be filled then it does to fill them with oil. I can fill 35 caps in about two minutes. Takes longer to get them all into the holder!

I went with colored for different strains or doses.

Those filling machines (there's got to be a better name for them) hold 100 capsules each, and are easy to fill. Put the fill template on the body holder, dump in a bunch of capsule bodies, and swirl. Tap in any bodies standing proud, and dump the leftovers back in the bag. It's the same for the caps. Fill the bodies, put the keeper on the caps, put it over the bodies, and press down. That's 100 capsules done!

Just another hint for those that want to use dried flower, use painter's tape to cover the holes you aren't using, As an example for forty capsules I'd cover three rows of ten holes at opposite ends of the filling machine.

Old salt I shoulda known it!

Very cool collection you have there, I was just talking with the wife about this, luv the color coding, that’s such a brilliant idea!

I shall search the interweb for a set like that, see if Santa can make it here by Xmas lol

I just found a decent source for some Mct oil so want to make an extract soon, I’ve never personally had dried capsules, only oils, just learnt about dry caps a few weeks back, but luv me some oil

I buy bottles of 20 x 100mg for about $100, so I need to c if I can make cheaper

Damn if I can press a 100 caps at once..... game changer!!

35 pills in two mins is pretty dang good shed :bravo:

now I got something to time myself against haha

Evening fellow growers
And happy holidays to all!

Two exciting pieces of news to share with you all,

One: the widow, she’s looking waaaaay better!
Smelling getting stacking buds, going back to darker green.
She ain’t perfect by any means, but there’s life!!

When I open the tent I get the smell, oh so sweet.....
and the frost is beginning.......
So good!

Two:

Smoke report!

Fired up the first two cannons of the early
Miss, gram doobs if course, figured Go classic.

Not to shabby!
I had smaller buds dried up proper and jarred today sitting at
63% rh so the pic says but pretty much
Busted up great smelled of citrus sweet and had some sticky to her, smoke was nice, not harsh by any means, little fresh tasting but expected, got a nice solid glow
Off her.
Amazing, had a buddy come to sample, left pie eyed so did the trick lol

Now for the cure, I tried a few bigger buds in a jar today just to test...... rh got to 80% + so I pulled them out,
Hang they shall......

Patience......
Cure my pretties......

Dry bagged and waiting is .7oz trim and .6 oz leaves
They will b turned into something, oil butter something delicious,waste not one leaf
:hug:

Thanks again for all the help you guy, smoke is in the air thanks to your efforts
Cheers
:thanks::ganjamon:

Attachments

• 09689F26-27A1-4B95-A03F-26FDBB86308B.jpeg
    09689F26-27A1-4B95-A03F-26FDBB86308B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 928A6D19-56F4-4CE5-B727-7C462E5EBE25.jpeg
    928A6D19-56F4-4CE5-B727-7C462E5EBE25.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 33
  • A4EF27E1-34EA-45B2-9563-A35658CAD292.jpeg
    A4EF27E1-34EA-45B2-9563-A35658CAD292.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
Nothing wrong with a nice solid glow! And good for you using the whole plant. I finally dug out the rootballs from all but two of my summer grow pots. I didn't quite do your clean-up job though :).

Nothing wrong with it at all!

And it’s even that much more satisfying because I grew it from seed, with lotsa love :love:

Truly nothing is like home grown , so lucky to have this as a hobby , will end up saving me money for sure, already working off the cost of the tent

Between harvest trim and everything, should b around a $400 harvest

Not bad for a solo plant!
And good thing she has friends in the tent, papa needs more haha

Nice shed i didn’t even think of leaving them in the pot till a later date!

That’s a great idea, then no need to rush, any idea how long they can sit there??

Ahhh shed your too nice, I do generaly keep things fairly clean, so I just cleaned up the roots like anything else :high-five:

Happy Thursday all!

Sorry for the delay,life’s been wild! happy holidays and a happy new year to all!!

So I’m crawling back to life after working 13 graveyard shifts straight...... snow event, was out plowing and salting every night, mostly 12hrs , quite a journey I tell ya!

Anyways so the early miss was all jarred and weighed, then a couple days later I found a massive cola that fell off the drying coat hanger!
Weighed up I got an even 4oz or smokables, super happy with that, but not the greatest smoke, mostly because of my rushed trim job more then anything, but they are jarred at 60% humidity and a bovida pack inside.

As for the white widow......
well she’s alive! Just.... and I’m thinking about harvesting this weekend..... but not sure see how it looks.
I’d rather have lots of decent then a ton of nothing or rot.

So I’ve had a couple other plants grown to harvest other then these

One candy cane and one lambs breath.

Candy was a runt , one huge bud, I was letting go to amber a little more...... kept waiting.... two leaves got super crunchy and crumbly..... I looked closer......

Full bud rot.....
Sucked , my heart dropped and I hardly could salvage anything off of it. What I did was incredible!!
All like 2-3 joints worth....

The lambs breath was almost done as well, huge bent cola, not trained well, both of these were when we were having the kid so neglected a bit and sorts bonus/practice plants.
Same deal, waited for more amber..... leaf went crunchy......
bud rot!

Damn it!
I salvaged a 1/2oz dry off the rest, haven’t tried yet, but look too notch! Like dispensary worthy , hope they don’t disappoint.

So I’ve learned, don’t wait for too much amber especially with tight ass buds.
Or they will rot, a shame but learning curve.....

Hope all is happy in your gardens :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom