First Time Grow - 600W Lighting & 4-5 Gallon Bucket Hydrofarm Root Spa System

Moved plants into larger room with more air flow today and moved some plants around the 2 smaller hydro plants werent doing to well so i moved them into dirt and took 2 out the dirt and put them in hydro. Will update how they are doing tomorrow

Did you condition your grow stones? I find they take some time to adjust. Have you been top watering at all. You may want to water you DWC's with a RO water from a watering can and check the pH of the runoff. I use growstones with a re-circ system. Even after conditioning them per the instructions on the bag, I find the pH in res will increase for a week or more. So, for the first couple of weeks, for my hydro plants, I have to be really mindful of the pH.

Moved 2 small hydro plants into dirt they wernt taking to well to the dwc. Plant 1 has been topped several time just kinda a test i guess. Plant 2 has only been topped once and has a strong stem removed almost all lower leafs. The other dirt plants have shot up, on about 4th set of leaves. Once dirt plants hit about 8 leafs im gonna go ahead and start flowering. Gonna learn how to clone just not 100% on what i need? Will get updated pics up soon.

Plants are doing good I have plants 1 and 2 in hydro in flowering now along with plant 1 dirt. 2 3 4 are doing good the little hydro one is coming along but staying short. I have 6 other seedlings started as well of normal bag seed and have 1 seed in soil. I hit the jackpot yesterday and found a seed out of some killer smoke not sure the strain but for sure will be a beautiful plant will post pics today.

Hey Growmanzilla:).....i noticed you from PTSD 4 ME's journal.....I am part of the welcoming team and am sorry that you havent had more input on your grow my friend:).....you are moving right along and unfortunately i cant remember all the details of your grow:)lol....just went through it from the beginning, but have short term memory loss:)lol.....the help you have recieved has been solid advice and have you on the right track:).....first thing i can think of is you said you are using advanced nutrients....the ph balanced line if i am right?.....dont count on that.....there are other factors that can throw it out of whack.......when you can i would suggest a digital PH & PPM meter......the ph tester you have is ok for a ball park, but i have found that the digitals are the best way to go.....gives you an exact.....with that being said if you do get a PH meter make sure to get one that measures in .01 increments......such as 5.8......some will only go in .5 increments.....you need to know the exact:).....5.8 is the most desired PH for your hydro........when you move your dwc to 12/12 be ready for them to uptake about half of your resevoir each night until about 2 weeks from finish....they get extremely thirsty:)lol.....i fill mine each morning abotu a 1/2 inch over the net pot.....without any issues.....in 2 hours it is at the perfect level and doesnt get as low overnight.......i ran inot a problem of the nutes being so concentrated in the mornings it was causing burning on my leaves.....now that i overfill a bit it helps from getting that way:).....if you would like......i would like for you to take current pics of your plants in regular light and post them on my journal......you have something going on with a couple that i dont have answers for, but have some really knowledgeable people on there that i think can get you on a better track.....not saying you are doing anything wrong.....just i think we can get you dialed in better.....but need to see them leaves in regular light so that they can better identify what the issues might be:)

:welcome:to :420:my friend:).....if you ever need anything feel free to PM me or visit my journal......oh.....and i messaged Colorado High and let him know that this journal is not completed yet and requested to have it moved back to current:).......Have a great day:)

Yeah had some problems and lost all plants got 3 small ones going now gonna wait till they get bigger before i start another journal and just run with dirt for my first grow hopefully i can make it to a full grow without any problems this time hoping to get some more seedlings going here soon will start a new journal in about a week and my plan is to have 12 plants growing. I mentioned above that i found a quality seed and by some miracle it made it through everything and is about on its 3rd set of leaves now. Will inform everyone on this post when i get up and running again.

Back
Top Bottom