First Time Grow - 600W Lighting & 4-5 Gallon Bucket Hydrofarm Root Spa System

Just checked on plants again 5 seedlings in dirt all about 3'' tall about grow second set of leaves. Changed water in both bigger hydro plants one seedling is now in 1/8 nute solution and other is in 1 week old nutes from the larger plant figured i would try different methods out. Both hydro seedlings doing good just from the over night. Uh what else topped the other big plant i mangeled the other plant trying to top it but as noob im still learning about how sensitive these plants are. Still no idea on whats male and female fingers crossed on getting at least one to use as mother and from there learn to clone. Thanks for stopping by will have more pics posted hopefully tonight if not tomorrow.

Just checked on plants again 5 seedlings in dirt all about 3'' tall about grow second set of leaves. Changed water in both bigger hydro plants one seedling is now in 1/8 nute solution and other is in 1 week old nutes from the larger plant figured i would try different methods out. Both hydro seedlings doing good just from the over night. Uh what else topped the other big plant i mangeled the other plant trying to top it but as noob im still learning about how sensitive these plants are. Still no idea on whats male and female fingers crossed on getting at least one to use as mother and from there learn to clone. Thanks for stopping by will have more pics posted hopefully tonight if not tomorrow.

Cant wait to see the photos, 1/8 strength you think that is a good idea 1/4 is the smallest amounts you should really give but for the first 2 - 4 weeks all they need is 200 - 400 ppm water PH 5.8 with 1/4 Cal + Magne

Im not too sure however what some people do is they add 2/3 pure water and 1/3 normal tap water that has cal and magne in it, maby do that untill you can get some, your know if your plants need them they will start to show known deficiency.

Ive just been using tap water that i let set out. No problems with any of the smaller plants both hydro and soil. Only thing i am noticing is one bigger plant feels darker than norm and leaves have a weird texture than other plant. I topped both big plants but with one cut way to close to the stalk and the plant wanted to split down the middle so i pulled the loser leaf off.

Plant Number 2 looking kinda weak not sure whats wrong with it

Did you condition your growstones? You need to soak in acidic water before use.

Anyways, have you tried changing the water in the whole system and re-nuting it? Are you mixing nutes with water BEFORE adding it to your reservoir? Are you using reverse osmosis water? Ppm meters is a good tool to have when growing hydro....helps prevent and diagnose problem ...I want to reiterate the fact that I'm new to growing bro..I'm just trying to throw some ideas at you

#yourawesome:)

So far i have been dumping the old water and just using tap water that has sat out 3 days then mixing nutes in the bucket. I will be getting ppm here soon just kinda been piecing the set-up together as of right now. The more I think about it plant number 2 might be acting funny from to much wind using box fan hung up that i ALWAYS set on 1 and have blowing wind off wall and plant 2 is closest to that wind. I have pics that i am about to post in a minute. plant 1 is still around will show on how its hurt. Another thing how old do plants need to be before you can sex them?

From what ive read, there are a few ways to do that, but the best way is to get a clone from the plant/plants you want to sexed. Let them root and grow for a few days before forcing them into flowering (12/12). If your clone is a female the mother plant is a female too. If your sexing more than one plant, Label your clones to the corresponding mother plant so you dont get them mixed up... ..from what I've read you can clone a plant once it has about 5 or 6 nodes.

#yourawesome:)

Back
Top Bottom