First Time Grow - 600W Lighting & 4-5 Gallon Bucket Hydrofarm Root Spa System

How do the roots look on your plants ? The whiter the better...what is the level of the water in the bucckets?..from what ive read, you dont want to fully submerge your roots in water because you will drown the plant...

#yourawesome :)

My plants dont have alot of roots right now plant 2 has more root growth while plant 1 has more above growth . Roots are all white and i like to keep water level about a inch above the bottom of the net basket. Guess when it comes to sexing i am just gonna let them all grow then toss males from there and keep a mother and harvest the rest.

From what ive read your suppose to have the water level 1-3 inches from the bottom of the net pot UNLESS the roots have NOT come through the bottom of net pots then you would keep the water level at about an inch above bottom of net pot . If i was you, i would lower the water level and watch her; see how she acts. I would try to keep about 50 percent of the roots in water and the rest out of water so she can breath. Dwc grown plants respond quickly to anything thwy like or dislike, so she'll let you now if she likes it or not pretty quick. You want the roots to be in the water but not all the way up to the stem of the plant cuz your just drowning her..if your roots have grown through the net pots on plant two and you have the water above the net pots, im pretty sure that is your problem bro....but remember that info is "from what ive read"....

#yourawesome:)

Im not sure how big you final pot is but make sure you Dont over water your soil bro...its easier to over water your grow medium when you have a little plant in a big pot because the roots do not drink enough water to dry your medium and can lead to root rot and fungus nats.

#yourawesome:)

Looking nice so far!!! Just a note on roots hanging out in water...as long as your water is getting tons of oxygen, via pumps and air stones, your plant won't drown. If you check out my grow, I have pics showing the depth of water, and what roots should look like in a DWC set up. Also keep an eye on your water temp, too low or too high a temp and the plant will have nute lock out (ideal range is 65-68 degrees F), or if too hot the plant will drown from lack of O2. I put a half dose of CalMag Plus through out my veg stage for extra precaution, decrease this during flowering.

Some of your pics look like your grow medium in your hydro set ups are a little low. Should fill these to cover the weave in the basket. You don't want light getting to your roots, it can cause them to rot.

Hope some of this helps...happy growing.

Ok reset both small plants in the stones doing good. Was just wondering if i over spray my plants with water if it will burn or harm my plants and how far away should I keep my 600w light from the plants i have it at about around 3 feet right now.

I only spray my plants during the seedling stage and veggie stage. I stop once they flower. The plants receive the spray better if the spray is applied to the bottom of the leaves. With that said, I rarely spray any of my plants because most of the spray just rolls of and provides no real benefit to the plants as far as I can tell. You can spend the extra money to buy the additive that will make your sprays adhere to the plant better, but I don't bother with it. My 1000w is about 2-3 feet above my plants, and I have not experienced any problems with burning or over heating. Place your hand under the lamp where your plant is, and if you can't stand the heat for a minute or two, raise your hood until you can. Also kept your fans circulating air around your plants and this will keep hot spots from developing around your plants.

If you decide to spray your plants. Do it just before lights on or off. One little droplet of water on the bulb and Kaplowy! Plus, this will give the plant time to dry and you won't have burning issues on your plants.

Happy growing...

Plant 2 doing ok recently topped roots dont seem like they are coming in like i have seen other plants.
000_2190.JPG
000_2191.JPG
000_2192.JPG
000_2189.JPG

Back
Top Bottom