First time grow, am I ready to flush and harvest?

brad1669

Hey was just wondering if I should start flushed this plant and harvest it soon

Attachments

• 20200708_121154.jpg
    20200708_121154.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200708_121059.jpg
    20200708_121059.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • 20200708_121051.jpg
    20200708_121051.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 84
Hi @brad1669 and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

First we have to define what you mean by flushing. If you mean the act of pushing 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil, to "flush" it of all built up salts and left over nutes, then yes, it looks like the perfect time to do your final flush so that you can have full water and nute uptake right up to the day of harvest.

If by flushing, you are referring to the last centuries ancient method of trying to flush all nutrients out of the plant before the end by starving it of all future nutrients, giving it only water till the end... first, that is only recently being called flushing by some new age so called grow experts. It is not... it is actually forced starvation, and we now know, thanks to modern science, that this old method is bunk. First, it does not remove any nutrients from the buds and second, it handicaps your plants at the very end, when they are growing the fastest and need the most nutrients that they have ever needed.

The organic crowd showed us the way once the internet allowed us all to compare notes. Organic grows supply nutrients to the plant 24/7 all through the grow, right up to the end, and these grows result in the fullest expressions of the plant's genetic ability to produce buds. Organic grows are unquestionably better in quality, because the plants are fed properly right up to the end.

Believe about 1% of what you read on the internet or see on youtube. There is a lot of bro-science out there that really confuses people as to how to best grow this weed. Believe nothing, even my words, until you have had a chance to test it yourself. In your case, starve one of your plants till the end. Give another a proper 3x flush and feed it till the end. Write about what you find when it is done.

Thanks so much for the great replay. It has given me a lot to think about. I will take your advices and try both methods.

In terms of harvest time I was thinking 2 weeks from now would probably be a good time? I did order a magnifying glass but it won't be here until next week.

Thanks so much for the great replay. It has given me a lot to think about. I will take your advices and try both methods.

In terms of harvest time I was thinking 2 weeks from now would probably be a good time? I did order a magnifying glass but it won't be here until next week.
The two week time frame looks about right compared to what I am seeing

Welcome and congrats on nearly making it to harvest, I still see a lot of white pistols so my guess is in needs at least a couple weeks, but u will get a better idea how long when u get ur magnifying glass

There’s some good reading for ya, if the link works lol

Back
Top Bottom