First Time Grow Auto Flower Jungle Juice 50/50 Indica/Sativa, Indoor Hydroponic

This was her 6/16/202. Just put the seed in the sponge and left in the dark for two days before.
received_319413213211602.jpeg

This is her today. Of course she had to have her morning fill of water and nutrients. I am just trying to decide if I should remove some or all of her fan leaves? I have trimmed her a couple of times but then some people said I shouldn't be. She hasn't seemed to mind before. I kinda of push or slightly been her leaves down and back to open her up a bit. Any input would be appreciated.

20210716_115147.jpg

You know you are going to be needing a much bigger reservoir than that dont you ?

You might want to do some Low Stress Training too..

You know you are going to be needing a much bigger reservoir than that dont you ?

You might want to do some Low Stress Training too..
I was debating on putting her on a 3.5 gallon or 5 gallon bucket and just putting my bubbler in it. Im just kinda of scared to do much to her. She should be close to flowering.

Your fear will result in less end product.

Your roots drive the plant growth as much as the leaves.

A small container for the roots limits their size, increases water temps and makes any mistakes to added nutrients magnified (because a smaller tank = less liquid to water down what was added)

What you are doing in terms of nutrients light and growing environment are all fine = otherwisre you wouldnt have this plant.

Increasing the size of your water tank and using the same ratios of nutrients to water wil just increase your plant size and thus yield.

Also gives you a big buffer because larger tank is less time and overwatch needed by you to make sure the plant hasnt drunk it all or you have root rot etc...

i use 80 to 100 litre tanks for 1 or 2 plants .. many use smaller tanks 1/4 that size but your tank looks about half the typical DWC tank used by Cannabis growers.

So use that big old tank you have.

All I would ass to that is dont sweat replacing the tank water every week. I have found it wholly unnecessary but you will want to watch what is happening to your roots and growth etc.

I was changing my tanks regularly (and also subsequently switched to Reverse Osmosis water ) when I first started and I started in DWC.

I was adding too many nutrients and hadnt dialled in my nutes and an understanding that different strains and individual grow environments can mean you get some leaf signs etc that are nothing to worry about.

But your plant looks great but that tank is most likely going to limit its size - a lot.

below is a pic of my roots in a current DWC Auto grow. This plant hasnt been prasticulalry nurtured by me and it wasnt in flower when this pic was taken. Roots will be 4 times that size when it is harvested. It is in a 100 litre / 20 gallon tank.

Your roots are going to be crammed in and stunted.

20210712_230502.jpg

Your light is also going to be a massive limiting factor to your yield ...it is pretty cool getting a crop from such a simple small system but unless you are worried about spending more on electricity or better lights (in my opinion) you are basically doing Bonsai with this set up...

As I said you are clearly doing a good job - a very good job - but you can do the same work for at least 4 times the end product....

I made a ton of mistakes...really poor lights just bought on a whim, wrong size tent, wrong fans then I went bigger and bigger (the cost of set up wasnt so important to me as I am middle aged)

Lights are hugely important - your light looks like its for growing a few lettuce.

You can do a lot better on a small budget or about $100-150 for a decent horticultural LED grow light (perhaps second hand ) for 1-2 plants drawing about 140W at the wall (not as advertised as many Chinese crap lights exaggerate 10 fold on their lights power) Post anything you are thinking of in the help forums and people will advise before you buy (if thats an option)

If you are sticking with what you've got - you are likely getting to harvest and i am just lecturing !

O h the Migro YTR channel is great on lights - a few hrs there and youll be somewhat of an expert.

Back
Top Bottom