First Time Grow - Cabinet Set Up

Tbullet this looks great! I like how you converted the cabinet! Very smooth! Im new also but I just thought how stealthy it looks and had to comment.

I see lots of thought put into cost effectiveness, along with a little subtlety lol. Can't wait to see how she does, interested in seeing how her canopy is going to look like

Tbullet this looks great! I like how you converted the cabinet! Very smooth! Im new also but I just thought how stealthy it looks and had to comment.

Welcome to the grow! It would be more stealthy if I had the carbon filter on the inside, but I oversized my filter + inline fan combo. So atlas, it had to go on the outside.

I see lots of thought put into cost effectiveness, along with a little subtlety lol. Can't wait to see how she does, interested in seeing how her canopy is going to look like

Thanks for joining! I'm very excited to see also. My first grow, so I don't know what to expect.

Here is a treat. The first picture of the Grand Daddy Purple seedling without the LED glow. My light schedule was going dark in 10 min, so I cut the regular lights on for you guys.

The lush green leaves gives me a good vibe.

1516884294768.jpg

Day 3 (Night)

Didn't do nothing. Just measured PH to monitor it.
Measured at 6.3, a bit higher then I would like but I left it alone to see if it would keep going up.

Day 4 (morning)

Woke up and measured PH to see if any difference over 8 hours since I measured. PH stable at 6.3
Maybe there's some buffers in my tap water that wants to keep it at 6.3
Left it alone while I go to work for 12 hours to see if it changes.
Will update you with pictures tonight (Day 4 Night).

Sorry about not keeping you guys updates for the last 3 days.

Day 5
Ph 6.3

Day 6
Same

Day 7
NUTRITION BURN!!!!

so my dropper system pops bubbles as it comes out the dropper and some droplets spray the
Leaves that are now big enough to catch the droplets. I️ thought this was good at first
Thinking "oh it's just like an auto foliage spray" and let it spray.
Well 48 hours of popping lead to the nutrient burn. And one new growth leaf is curling under
Probably from being constant wet (that side sprays more droplets)

The popping. Perfect for air. Bad for small baby plants.
SOLUTION: cover top of bucket with foil to stop spray.

If your following this you probably know that I️ added an unknown small amount of nutrients on day1. Now I️ see why everyone tells me to use only water for the first week.

First lesson learned.

On another note. Received in the mail my measuring tools for the nutrients, an extra air pump for me to bubble nutrients being prepped, and Grow room glasses to protect me eyes from that blinding LED light.

Hey, sorry I'm late for the party! Just got finished putting buds of some Critical Kush into jars to cure. I like your stealth growbox. I'm interested to see how your carbon filter and fan will eliminate that dank smell, I need to get one of those soon.

Hey, sorry I'm late for the party! Just got finished putting buds of some Critical Kush into jars to cure. I like your stealth growbox. I'm interested to see how your carbon filter and fan will eliminate that dank smell, I need to get one of those soon.

Welcome! I️ was starting to think I’m talking to myself.
But I️ guess most people just check and read my updates and don’t post (like me when I️ first got here)

Welcome! I️ was starting to think I'm talking to myself.
But I️ guess most people just check and read my updates and don't post (like me when I️ first got here)
I would think that comment would be accurate. I haven't done a journal yet

Nice grow. That looks pretty good for 12 days. Can't wait to see harvest day.

How much did that setup cost with everything?
I don't have an exact cost, but I'll make it as close as I can.

300w LED grow light by Galaxy hydro full spectrum ($83)
General Hydroponics complete grow kit with nutrients ($60)
Vivosun 4 inch carbon filter ($37)
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 inline fan (very quiet) ($89)
AC infinity MULTIFAN S7, Quiet dual 120mm USB fan ($20)
Timer ($20)
Ph up+down ($9)
General Organics nutrients box ($40)
Ph + PPM testing digital ($20)
Z7 cleaners ($25)
Cabinet off Craigslist ($20)
Home depo plywood to replace cardboard back ($15)
Thermometer ($11)
Mylar ($26) *have LOTS leftover*
Home depo Misc (hooks/screws/weather strips) ( ~$30)

My math adds up to approximately $505. Do keep in mind that I have lots of over sized equipment for this cabinet to upgrade to a bigger cabinet after this grow. And I'm sure my nutrients will last at least 7 - 10 harvests.

Spoiler: I have a cabinet in the mail on the way for a perpetual grow ( stay tuned to see me upgrade the set up)

LOL!!! Just posted that I would get the new cabinet soon, and it came not more then 1 hour later.

OK! Let's get on the specs on the new perpetual cabinet in making.

74"h x 36"w x 15"d

But the top shelf is fixed to the cabinet by design.
Top box is 12" h × 36" w × 15 d
I'm thinking this to be my electrical box (I know it's a bit big for that)
It would house my inline fan/ carbon filter/ plugs/ timers

So that leaves me with a space of 62"H×36"W×15"D to split between the veg/mother/clone room and the flower room.
Of course flower room would be bigger and on top closer to the carbon filter.

But how small can I make the veg/mother/clone room?

I hope I'm explaining/asking this right lol.

Or is there another way you guys would do it with this cabinet?

I want a fast yielding perpetual SoG that I would clone from the mother plant and veg for maybe a week or two. Or should I just not veg and go straight from rooted clone to flower room.

Honestly, if there is a different method that you guys think is better, I'm all ears.
My goal is to have enough to supply myself only, and a little extra to put away in case I get a bad crop.
I smoke 3/4 oz a month. So 1oz a month I would be very happy.
It's not a lot to ask for is it?

1517995664351.jpg
1517995615582.jpg

Day 17.

Did the first water change since germination.
(I waiting a bit long to do it?)

But this time I measurement tools for my nutrients that I eyeballed the tiniest amount the first time setting up.

So I used a 1 gal jug and mixed in 100% full strength that they had on the nutrient box for week 2 of early veg.
Then mixed with another gallon of pure water l, making the nutrients 50%. Then added 2 bottle of water. Making the nutrients at like 40-45% strength? Is that how it works? Lol.
(Keep in mind my water reservoir only holds 2.5 gallons)

(This is what was mixed in the gallon jug then diluted)
10 ml BioThrive grow
5 ml CaMg+
10 ml Bio Root
5 ml Bio Weed
10 ml Bio Marine
5 ml Black Diamond
1 ml z7 enzyme part 1
1 ml z7 enzyme part 2

PPM: 550
PH. : 5.59

Boy does that 5 ml of black diamond makes your nutrients look so dark. I hope she likes her new solution. Will post pictures tonight of Day 17 after she soaked up the new water to see if she likes it.

The new cabinet that I️ had planned on being perpetual grow has been put on hold.
Our GDP plant has made the cabinet its new home.

I️ used all the equipment in the old smaller cabinet, so nothing new was bought except more weatherstripping.

I️ guess I️ could do my perpetual like that, use smaller cabinet that I️ started with for a veg/ mother cabinet and the big tall one for flower cabinet. Most likely that will happen. Just need to replace the fan and lights I️ took out.

But first! We have to grow our young plant up some more so we can get a few clones and make our first mother plant.

Our GDP looks so small and lonely by herself in the new tall cabinet. At least I️ can veg her a little longer with the extra space.

Do you think a 250w hps in a cool tube would be too hot for this space?

E4BEBA47-9341-4158-AE6B-155A5C52A438.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom