First Time Grow - CFLs

Re: First Time Grow - CFLs...

Im getting some redening from the base of the fan leaves that is running down towards the stalk of the plant. pH misbalance? Fert overload? Or just natural plant coloring? Ive seen a variety of "Rose" type budding places which get near crimson during flowering...

Might be normal, I seen some strains ooze red fluid from fresh cut stems. I personally have little experience with this because its a trait in only certain strains. Could also be a form of purpling cause of colder temps during the lights off cycle. I wish I could be of more help.

Pics pending... This is taking close to 24 hours...Annoying...

Finally.
As of this morning...

917_4.jpg

The stem redening that i described earlier...

917_3.jpg

Girl #1

917_2.jpg

Girl #2

917_1.jpg

Im pretty sure the redening is genetic... Anyone know diffrently? Im damn curious...

I am. Im using metal weights and cotton-fiber to wieght the stem down. what would anyone with experince think? too stressful to tie dow the top cola?

The problem was that i didnt plan this dresser... I was forced to do so due to safety factor. ugh... so what would my best bets be on working this out to the 7-8th week of flowering?

Those are some good looking ladies there bro.

If you have to retie down later, just grin and bear it. I had to do the same for some of my plants because of grow room renovations. That red on the stem is a sign of purpling. its genetic but only for cooler temps. True purple shows alot better.

well, im tied down... again... its taking on the form of a true LST now
they are both at a 90 degree angle from the soil, then near the development of the top cola, #2 is at a U shape(180 degree turn) plus another 90 degree turn towards the light. #1 was a bit more stubborn so is at only another 2 90 degree turns. I gained about 6 inches, lowered my lights down and put wooden blocks underneath to keep a good 1&1/2" to 2" from my lights... I do need to put in another fan and outlet because in the day, all closed up when im out, i come home to a 91 degree dresser. No heat stress and they get a cool 71 at night... It will be fixed soon and I will have pics up tonight or tommorow... My Rebel XT with macro lense takes a damn goo closeup shot. I love it...

Thanks for all the comments, by the way. I love it. Gives me another reason to wake up in the morning. My girls being #2. My girl being #1.

Just picked up a quart of Tiger Bloom! Anybody with good experince in soil substrate and tiger bloom? suggested regiment?

I use Tiger Bloom to grow my cannabis and must say I LOVE IT, the day after you give it to your plants your really can tell they just fed! Its amazing.

I would recommend feeding every other watering and always remember to wet your soil w/ water b/f you use the tiger bloom to prevent root burn! Next time you use Tiger Bloom bump it up to 1/2 strength if you have seen a noticable difference in growth from the last TB feed. I keep upping the dose till I see no more major growth or till I get to full strength, which ever comes first. Some plants like alot, some like a little. Hope this has helped. Peace.

they do love the tiger bloom and im taking that exact route. Im at 1/2 reccomended strength at the moment and stepping up by an 1/8 every other watering which is roughly about each day. I like watering at night and ive also heard ferting at night can be less stressful and more is gained.

I ALWAYS water/feed my girls about 30mins to an hour after the lights turn on so the plant has the whole day to absorb it and process it. I don't know all the technical mubo jumbo but I know that watering when the lights first come on is prefered, I think. Everyone has a different style of growing, so if its works and you have no problems then stick with what ya got. Peace

hmmm... im going to change one girl to day watering and leave the other night and see what happens. See if I have any successive results. Not much of a control but we'll see. Thanks again for all the comments. I spend more time on these boards than I do on any other site, or have in the past. Lovin it guys.

Ok. Were all tied down... For now... Were a little short of 3 weeks of flowering...
recently tied down...

PZ2.jpg

PZ3.jpg

PZ1.jpg

All input is appreciated, as always. Even if its "wow, youre wasting your time with those lights for flowering...how stupid are you...etc...". Any additional help would be appreciated too. Im fighting a heat issue... Its reaching 93f in the day with the dresser closed up and my a/c not running... Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far.

Back
Top Bottom