First time grow-curled leaves-please help

visfoartefrum

Hey Guys,

My babies have problems :(.
it;s been 10 days in Veg stage and the leaves strated to curl.
I read hundreds of posts and realized that i could have many problems.
i have 8 plants under :
600W dual spectru at 20 inches
temp: 78-82
Hum: 33-35
soil: low fert(low mix bio/they said that it can handle 3 weeks without nutes, so no nutes for now)
a small fan for ventilation and another fan to give outdoor air.
The curling started at 2 plants when the temp was about 87-90 and hum around 30.
I raised the light and manage to low the temp but still the curling started on other plants.
From what i read it could be:
too much water- i don;t think so cause i was really careful
too little water-maybe
too much heat-maybe at first but now the heat is perfect
too much light-???
too much ventilation-??? i found one post where they said that is the plants has a continuous ventilation on it the leaves curl too keep the moisture.
sorry for the HPS pics but I think you'll see the problem.
First grow so please help a noob .:)

Thanks

20121115_091719.jpg

20121115_091724.jpg

20121115_091702.jpg

They look like they need more water to me, but I grow hydro so I've never had that problem... Under that amount of light and ventilation over watering would be difficult unless they are standing in it. Just my 2 cents

From my excperience they look like they want some h2o. I would up the humidity to at least 60%rh. And try not to get ur room much about 80.At least for veg. at the stage your on. BR.

Concepts in Plant Nutrition

Common Types of Damage To Plants Due To Nutritional Or Salt Problems

Generally, seven types of damage normally occur on ornamental plants due to nutritional imbalances or excess soil salts. Leaf Burn may appear on leaf tips, margins, as spots on the leaves, or over the entire leaf surface. Growing tips or buds may also be killed. Necrosis (plant tissue death) is similar to leaf burn, but may occur on any plant part, including leaves, stems, roots, fruits and flowers. Chlorosis is yellowing or bleaching of leaves, and may appear as spots, leaf tip yellowing, or as a generalized chlorosis over the entire leaf. Interveinal chlorosis is a yellowing of leaf tissue occurring between veins. Leaf Distortion may appear as curling, crinkling, or cupping of leaves, or other deformities. Stunting or Abnormal Growth may occur on part of the plant, or on the entire plant. Although nutritional problems or excessive salts can cause any one or several of these symptoms, some insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides may cause identical symptoms, thus the grower should consider phytotoxic effects of pesticidal sprays when evaluating any plant growth problem.

Water water water ....... temps and humidity are fine.

i disagree mutt, that plant doesnt need water. Its showing heat stress hence the curling of the edges of leaves.they curl like that to transpire more. 78-82 isnt a massively high temp but nonetheless that is what that plant is showing.

humidity should be 50-80% in veg.

Try misting with water to raise humidity.

I would work on getting your humidity up to atleast 45 or so. The early high temps and dry climate seems to have quickly dried out the plants. They will also most likely need to be watered more frequently until you get the climate right. 70-80f and around 45 humidity or so(seems to be alot of dispute on these forums on the best humidity for ganja). I am going with 50-60% veg, and 30-40 flower(first time grow). Good luck!

looks like heat stress to me.... do you have a fan blowing directly on it?? cuz if you do it could possibly be windburn.... YES IT EXIST! to strong of a wind blowing off moisture leaves curl to protect it.... :Namaste:

i may have read it wrong but why is it under a hps if its only 10 days in veg? im a new indoor grower my self and iv had a lot of problems and a lot of the MAIN problems i see is the advice given!!! on a lot of forums new growers themselves with not to much experience give advice on things they dont no to much about. Mate, read as much as you can so you can get a rough idea of things and experiment and see what works for you, dont listen to everything people post on forums, take stuff with a pinch of salt, to be fair tho iv tried most sites and 420 is the top 1!!! look at members posts and journals and you will get an idea of who to listen to and who to not, a LOT of members are still experimenting them selves,,, take care and good luck with plants

i may have read it wrong but why is it under a hps if its only 10 days in veg? im a new indoor grower my self and iv had a lot of problems and a lot of the MAIN problems i see is the advice given!!! on a lot of forums new growers themselves with not to much experience give advice on things they dont no to much about. Mate, read as much as you can so you can get a rough idea of things and experiment and see what works for you, dont listen to everything people post on forums, take stuff with a pinch of salt, to be fair tho iv tried most sites and 420 is the top 1!!! look at members posts and journals and you will get an idea of who to listen to and who to not, a LOT of members are still experimenting them selves,,, take care and good luck with plants

honestly mate not a more true statement.

Exactly what C was saying its due to low humidity. It's way to dry so plants will try to uptake more moister from the roots to replace what is lost in the leaves and this will create salt build up in the process. Add a humidifier if you please. I have one in my grow room and it keeps my RH around 50 or above depending on how high I have it. Fans will dry out the air very fast and dry air is not good for plants.

Back
Top Bottom