First Time Grow & First Journal: 3 Unknown Same Strain LED Grow

One thing I could use some advice on. I see many people talk about the use of exhaust fans. Now I use my closet as my grow space and a grow box inside the closet for the seedlings. I run an air conditioner in my window to keep my temps below 80f during the day and I never drop below 70 at night. I have fans blowing in the closet for air circulation. Is an exhaust fan needed for my grow?

You better sit down. I’ve got some news. It’s better you find out sooner rather than later. You’ve got this thing. It’s like a bug. The bad news is there’s no cure. The good news is there’s no need for one anyway, so that’s a relief. It’s called ‘grow creep’.
You start with seeds, you move on to tools, gadgets and hardware, then your space gets too small and then... don’t worry you’ll be fine.
The best thing is to get an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of the canopy directly under the light.
If your plants get too hot you can use the exhaust fan to cool the space down.
You have a hygrometer? If it gets too humid you can use the exhaust fan to reduce that.
Later on when you’re lucky enough that your garden is gettin whiffy you can use the exhaust to suck the air in the garden out through a carbon filter which removes the smell.
All very handy. Then you have to consider passive vs active (ie: fan) intake for air. Passive is fine. Remember to bug-proof any vents and you’re gold.

You better sit down. I’ve got some news. It’s better you find out sooner rather than later. You’ve got this thing. It’s like a bug. The bad news is there’s no cure. The good news is there’s no need for one anyway, so that’s a relief. It’s called ‘grow creep’.
You start with seeds, you move on to tools, gadgets and hardware, then your space gets too small and then... don’t worry you’ll be fine.
The best thing is to get an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of the canopy directly under the light.
If your plants get too hot you can use the exhaust fan to cool the space down.
You have a hygrometer? If it gets too humid you can use the exhaust fan to reduce that.
Later on when you’re lucky enough that your garden is gettin whiffy you can use the exhaust to suck the air in the garden out through a carbon filter which removes the smell.
All very handy. Then you have to consider passive vs active (ie: fan) intake for air. Passive is fine. Remember to bug-proof any vents and you’re gold.
[/QUOT
I think it's because I'm reading all t the journals and i see people have this and that so I go in panic mode. Thermometer/ hydrometer will be here any day so I can get exact readings. The smell honestly isn't a worry for me as the closest house is 2 miles away. Also I have 2 lights coming Monday it shows as delivery date so I may have to adjust to new temperatures once I run them. If anything I was thinking about getting a CO2 dispenser. I guess I'm doing something right though as they are growing and seem to be loving their conditions

Sorry I haven't been here last few days. My sister was attacked by a dog and she got it pretty bad so I've been bouncing back and forth helping her while maintaining my household. Anyways I'll be in later with more details and better pictures of the ladies ( hopefully ) this is plant one that was topped about a week ago. She is LOVING life right now and is growing really fast now that I got new LED lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_20190716_100240.jpg
    IMG_20190716_100240.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 44
Here's half of my grow room. This is used for veg. I have a separate grow box for seedlings and another closet for flower when I get there

Attachments

• 20190716_104330.jpg
    20190716_104330.jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190716_104325.jpg
    20190716_104325.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 39
Hope your sis is OK, man.

My white widows came in the mail today....shot glasses ready. Hoping to start another journal and run 2 at the same time.

Hi there, I'm late as always but I wanted to say welcome and that I really like your grow closet set up.

Looks like Al's got your back so I'm going to hang out and enjoy your grow.

Wick :morenutes:

Hi there, I'm late as always but I wanted to say welcome and that I really like your grow closet set up.

Looks like Al's got your back so I'm going to hang out and enjoy your grow.

Thanks. It's actually my first real grow. My closet set up looks ghetto as all hell to me lol. I'm actually yanking one light to add a 1500w LED. I veg in that space and also flower in another one. Also have a grow box for seedlings. Proble m is I've ordered a ton of shit but haven't had time to set it up yet

Thanks. It's actually my first real grow. My closet set up looks ghetto as all hell to me lol. I'm actually yanking one light to add a 1500w LED. I veg in that space and also flower in another one. Also have a grow box for seedlings. Proble m is I've ordered a ton of shit but haven't had time to set it up yet

It's so much fun to have all of those new boxes arriving ! :p

Cheers

It's so much fun to have all of those new boxes arriving ! :p

Cheers

what's funny is I stumbled on this site like 2 weeks ago when I was looking online to help me sex my first plant ever. then I found it was a male bummer right? Anyways....my fiancee doesn't even smoke was totally against me growing. I started to do my homework and as she started to see them grow she started saying well maybe you should get this and that. Now she gave me a full green light to grow. I've been getting like 2 packages a day for a week now and I haven't even came close to everything I need

Ok to update what's going on in my grow room. Plant 2 and 3 were transplanted into 3 gallon pots. I switched up soil on plant 2 and 3 to fox farm. Added new lighting and also adding a 800w panel tomorrow sometime. My thermometer will be here tomorrow as well so I can get accurate reading on the humidity. Also have a ph meter arriving any day as well.

I've also started using mosquito dunks and yellow sticky traps as I've noticed a couple gnats. Wanna catch it before it gets out of hand and does any damage.

Air movement is key, otherwise they become a larger footprint.
Better get on this when you can.

Air movement is key, otherwise they become a larger footprint.
Better get on this when you can.
Yea I haven't seen any in about a day. I've started using dunks 2 days ago and placed yellow sticky traps on the soil. Also order diamoticous earth or however it's spelt. I have the oscillating fan inside as well as another fan blowing into the closet.

Yea I haven't seen any in about a day. I've started using dunks 2 days ago and placed yellow sticky traps on the soil. Also order diamoticous earth or however it's spelt. I have the oscillating fan inside as well as another fan blowing into the closet.

I learned the hard way that the environment of your grow space is essential to the survival of your girls.

You should try in addition to your fans to add an intake duct vent with a inline fan and the same with outtake.

Plants need circulation and Co2 to survive and flourish.

I learned the hard way that the environment of your grow space is essential to the survival of your girls.

You should try in addition to your fans to add an intake duct vent with a inline fan and the same with outtake.

Plants need circulation and Co2 to survive and flourish.

I've looked into the intake fans and figured I was ok since I use an air conditioner to fight off the heat here. 90-100 degree days. I figured that should be enough but I'm sure I will add them sooner then later. And I also have a co2 dispenser arriving Monday next week. like I said I kinda went apeshit ordering everything under the sun. The fan I have blowing into the closet is actually cut into the wall itself so it takes the air from the room and sends it into the closet. While also having the other fan running inside the closet at all times.

Back
Top Bottom