First Time Grow & First Journal: 3 Unknown Same Strain LED Grow

HugePeckerhead

Hi there everyone. I'm about a week on this site from today. I came across it one day when I was researching some answers about a plant I had growing. A friend of mine gave me a few seeds one day so I figured why not try growing it somewhere and check on them every so often outside. Being in a fairly small town made it not really trustworthy though. Anyways...I had the plant in 12/12 for about a week and I couldn't really tell the sex. Now I know I could have waited a few weeks but I didn't want to waste space on it because a few weeks earlier I realized that it could be a male. So I started to germinate 3 other seeds that I am now referring to in this journal. This is a first journal for me so while it may not be as detailed and high end as others...we had to start from the beginning and learn as you go. So with that all being said let me give the details on this grow.

3 Unknown strains but all the same strain. Buds had a very piney taste with a slow but heavy body high. When it was bed time this one did the trick.

Currently they are in a home made grow box that's roughly 3 ft by 3 ft by 4.5 ft height. Inside I have it lined with Mylar sheets completely. I have new lights on the way so they will be moved to a bigger closet area. I am running them 18/6 currently for roughly 3 weeks.

Lighting being used 210 LED board with 100w LED bulb near the bottoms.
*Note* Currently waiting on arrival of Mars Hydro 300w LED as well as an unknown 1000w LED panel. When they do arrive plants will be moved under all lights mentioned above into a bigger grow space.

They are planted in Miracle Grow Specialty Mix Soil
Final transplant to 5 gallon containers within the next few weeks

Temperature is controlled with an air conditioner and runs between 70-80 never higher or lower. I usually keep it around 72 lights off and 75-80 lights on. I also have a rotational fan blowing onto the plants at all times.

Now I know this may not be the best journal or even the best grow. Once this grow is complete I know I'll have so much more knowledge then what I do now. I've been reading through your journals and galleries as well as chats. I've learned so much from you all already and I'm looking forward to learning growing methods you all use and different tricks of the trade. Please feel free to give me any tips, suggestions or anything you think I need to know or work on. Thanks everyone!!! So with all that being said. Here's the babies.

1rst & 2nd picture same plant side and top view
3rd picture Same strain
Now one thing when I germinated these the larger one popped overnight. The other two took nearly 4 days so show any sign but they popped.

Each plant was put into the same red containers shown in picture 3. Much larger then a solo cup. The larger one is really starting to grow fast. The smaller ones also took a couple days for them to break soil too but they made it. I don't know much yet about topping or anything like that but I have been reading up on it. My goal for this grow is learn the most I can and keep them alive to harvest.

I'm using this grow for the foundation. I've just placed an order for white widows and I want to be sure I'm far more better and more smarter when that grow comes. When that grow comes I'll be upgrading to HPS lights. Once again thank you all for taking your time to read and help me. I appreciate it more then you know.

Attachments

• IMG_20190705_212316.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212316.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20190705_212118.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212118.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20190705_212104.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212104.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20190705_212316.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212316.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190705_212118.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212118.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20190705_212104.jpg
    IMG_20190705_212104.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 132
Welcome.

You can get positive results with mainly CBD. We had to move on to include THC as well and it has been somewhat of a miracle drug. I feel like we as a family are slowly getting our lives back.

I feel ya. Always count your blessings. It could be worse. Sometimes others use that as an excuse to pretend the autism isn't there and shortchange your kid though. Or at least that's been our experience at times. Or maybe I'm in a bad mood because the local roadhouse left off my order of ribs and I ended up eating chef boy ardy ravioli instead. Yep. That's probably it. (sorry about that)

Anyway, cannabis is for real with autism. My skepticism was first replaced by desperation before being replaced by enthusiasm. This plant has been nothing short of a miracle since starting on a 5mg THC/5mg CBD three times a day, once we got it ramped up and figured out what works for him. He's happier. Speech has improved. Less quick to anger. More self control so less things broken during tantrums and tantrums last much less time.

I pray he doesn't need it but if he does don't hesitate to get his medical card.

Feel free to hit me up any time. You know ours is a lonely existence at times in terms of anyone being able to understand what we face day to day and thinking of the future. It's always good to actually be able to relate to someone whose idea of achievement is not having a meltdown today instead of straight A's - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nothing but love, brother.

You can get positive results with mainly CBD. We had to move on to include THC as well and it has been somewhat of a miracle drug. I feel like we as a family are slowly getting our lives back.

I feel ya. Always count your blessings. It could be worse. Sometimes others use that as an excuse to pretend the autism isn't there and shortchange your kid though. Or at least that's been our experience at times. Or maybe I'm in a bad mood because the local roadhouse left off my order of ribs and I ended up eating chef boy ardy ravioli instead. Yep. That's probably it. (sorry about that)

Anyway, cannabis is for real with autism. My skepticism was first replaced by desperation before being replaced by enthusiasm. This plant has been nothing short of a miracle since starting on a 5mg THC/5mg CBD three times a day, once we got it ramped up and figured out what works for him. He's happier. Speech has improved. Less quick to anger. More self control so less things broken during tantrums and tantrums last much less time.

I pray he doesn't need it but if he does don't hesitate to get his medical card.

Feel free to hit me up any time. You know ours is a lonely existence at times in terms of anyone being able to understand what we face day to day and thinking of the future. It's always good to actually be able to relate to someone whose idea of achievement is not having a meltdown today instead of straight A's - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nothing but love, brother.
This is something I got a few years ago. While the last few years of my life has been living it a perfectly timed routine, we try to avoid major changes of any kind. The smallest detail alone is enough. Our little ones are so much more then a diagnosis. Like I said it's great to see positive results....makes you wonder exactly how much more it could fix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190705-233027.png
    Screenshot_20190705-233027.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 137
Can anyone give suggestions for feeding? I've started to feed only the one as the other 2 still have the bottom sprout leaves. From what I've read it's when they fall off that you can begin to introduce feeding. Since they are in veg I'm just feeding with a little less than directed miracle grow as I noticed it's nitrogen is the main nutrient. I'm only giving it once a week right now. Also is spray misting the plants something that should be done how often? And what role does it play when it comes to soil watering?

Can anyone give suggestions for feeding? I've started to feed only the one as the other 2 still have the bottom sprout leaves. From what I've read it's when they fall off that you can begin to introduce feeding. Since they are in veg I'm just feeding with a little less than directed miracle grow as I noticed it's nitrogen is the main nutrient. I'm only giving it once a week right now. Also is spray misting the plants something that should be done how often? And what role does it play when it comes to soil watering?
I've got an old GH nute schedule attached to my Sunshine mix journal, and I flush to waste once a week. Do you have drainage? Also, doesen't that soil have a fertilizer already? Be careful with nutes.

I've got an old GH nute schedule attached to my Sunshine mix journal, and I flush to waste once a week. Do you have drainage? Also, doesen't that soil have a fertilizer already? Be careful with nutes.
Yea all pots have drainage. I've put some rocks in the bottom as well to help with it as well. The smaller of the 3 I haven't feed yet but the other one I've fed 3 times now. I went much smaller then recommended dose. I'm on day 4 of last feed and it's showing no visible signs that the feeding did any harm. Recommended dose was a scoop per half gallon. I went half scoop for a full gallon. Soil being used also is the same I sprouted in.

Not much going on today. Plant 3 ( the smallest ) has minor drooping of the lowest set of leaves. I did water today though and with direct fan blowing on it the leaves are slowly bouncing back. Sorry for the lighting. Please keep in mind I'll be adding a Mars Hydro 300w and an unbranded 1000w ( I'm gonna check the draw on it ) as soon as they are delivered. Tracking shows a few days away but plants seem to be thriving in the grow box. I've add a Mylar sheet on the opening but I have a fan blowing in under it. Also no update on the white widow seeds I've ordered. I've also added a few sticky fly traps lining the sides of my box. No signs of any pests but just for added measures. My grow box is inside my actual grow space for right now. Can anyone suggest me besides lighting what could help make a difference in my grow. I know nothing yet really about topping, LST or any plant modifications....besides what I read here and watch on YouTube.

Attachments

• IMG_20190706_200201.jpg
    IMG_20190706_200201.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 121
Looking good, man. I know nothing about hydro so no help there. You're doing great.

Sorry, man. I see it's soil.

It's all good. though when I get a few grows in and upgrade down the road to the crazy set ups people have here I might venture down that road of growing hydro.

Just ordered a thermometer so I can measure the humidity levels. I see cal mag talked about a lot on many threads and journals. Is this something I should invest in for this and future grows?

Plant 3 bottom leaves still drooping. No discoloration but higher leaves are in signature pray. Lights are about a foot away.

Attachments

• IMG_20190706_232122.jpg
    IMG_20190706_232122.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 118
I would not be the best person to answer in any case but the picture is out of focus. Maybe a better picture and one or two closer up of the leaves.

Back
Top Bottom