First Time Grow & First Journal: 3 Unknown Same Strain LED Grow

2 sq. ft. for each plant is a good rule of thumb. Mine is a 4x8x8, 4x6 SCROG, with about a foot gap at each end. If that gives you a good reference.

B6133B69-DD23-4A53-9852-1CC33A2DD9A1.jpeg
0E831E86-C98C-44B1-B0D9-EB60DD4CECE7.jpeg
Nice setup. I'm looking at something around 6 ft tall. Since I have to drop a closet I have to get something going asap.

I tried taking one clone about a week ago. Still no signs of it rooting. I wanted to take another and try it again but I have no idea where to take it from.
Check out these videos. Works perfectly.

I don’t recommend pulling clones in flower, nor trimming until the stretch is over. (About 3-4 weeks in my case)

I hear it’s a PITA to reveg a clone.

588D76A4-8BAE-426D-8B0F-A941FC4C7671.jpeg

I kept mine in the room instead of outside though.

July 3rd
60E9F5F1-3F73-4853-9A4F-1625E4211CDC.jpeg

Day 10 will have roots.
July 19
CBB8DC52-C469-4DB2-A7EC-37E0A715A0D7.jpeg

July 29 - Only 1 didn’t root.
43334072-5E04-46C8-BB00-8BFFA3C20D60.jpeg

Nice setup. I'm looking at something around 6 ft tall. Since I have to drop a closet I have to get something going asap.
Thanks man... Im in my first grow too. It’s gotten a bit out of hand. Lol!

I originally planned on having just 2 clones outside in a pot. I bought 6 clones instead, built a room, now it’s just insane! Lol!

March 20
977AB44E-38E3-4B8C-B3A9-F043616BCEF7.jpeg

Currently
3A4C9FC6-C515-4309-BE94-A05AAA8727D1.jpeg

3085938C-5DC0-4634-8DE4-363F3A467E6F.jpeg

It’s an expensive hobby, if you let it get that way. :lot-o-toke:

Check out these videos. Works perfectly.

I don’t recommend pulling clones in flower, nor trimming until the stretch is over. (About 3-4 weeks in my case)

I hear it’s a PITA to reveg a clone.

588D76A4-8BAE-426D-8B0F-A941FC4C7671.jpeg

I kept mine in the room instead of outside though.

July 3rd
60E9F5F1-3F73-4853-9A4F-1625E4211CDC.jpeg

Day 10 will have roots.
July 19
CBB8DC52-C469-4DB2-A7EC-37E0A715A0D7.jpeg

July 29 - Only 1 didn’t root.
43334072-5E04-46C8-BB00-8BFFA3C20D60.jpeg
So do you think it would be a bad idea to take a lower branch or two now from her? I literally went from 18/6 to a 36 hour dark period into 12/12 just a few days ago. She is on now day 4 of 12/12. Most of the lowest branches don't even have calyx yet. Mid to tops do though of her.

So do you think it would be a bad idea to take a lower branch or two now from her? I literally went from 18/6 to a 36 hour dark period into 12/12 just a few days ago. She is on now day 4 of 12/12. Most of the lowest branches don't even have calyx yet. Mid to tops do though of her.
I’m sure it’ll be fine if it’s only been a few days. Just fill up a glass of water, use clean scissors, and as soon as you cut, get them in the water. I used tall shot glasses. They can sit in the water for weeks if needed. I was shocked at how long they stayed perky in just water.
Some do 24 hrs light for clones, I just left them on my bar and they were just fine.

I’m sure it’ll be fine if it’s only been a few days. Just fill up a glass of water, use clean scissors, and as soon as you cut, get them in the water. I used tall shot glasses. They can sit in the water for weeks if needed. I was shocked at how long they stayed perky in just water.
Some do 24 hrs light for clones, I just left them on my bar and they were just fine.
I have a grow box I built for seedlings with a cheap LED in it that seedlings seem to love. I'm more then likely gonna take a cut or 2 off her at the lowest part I can. I figured they were gonna die off eventually or not really produce anything decent because of all the top foliage she has.

Haha I have a 2 year old daughter that's coming off of bottles and luckily I got them for days. I'm gonna go pack one up transfer those videos to my tv and be snipping her shortly. Thanks for the advice. @AdaminCO

I have a grow box I built for seedlings with a cheap LED in it that seedlings seem to love. I'm more then likely gonna take a cut or 2 off her at the lowest part I can. I figured they were gonna die off eventually or not really produce anything decent because of all the top foliage she has.
Take what you want now, because you won’t be able to later. I can only have 12 plants total, so I only kept the 6 healthiest looking, but I originally kept 30 or so.

I just did a final cleanup the other day on my Jack. It really sucked tossing the limbs I had to get rid of. Some were 3’ with little buds, but I was told that they’re more of a pain to deal mess with than anything.

A482CBA2-DDCD-42DD-BAB3-BFF0449D898D.jpeg

6A563D73-004F-4096-83AF-1958C85555F6.jpeg

Haha I have a 2 year old daughter that's coming off of bottles and luckily I got them for days. I'm gonna go pack one up transfer those videos to my tv and be snipping her shortly. Thanks for the advice. @AdaminCO
Anytime.
I’ll be around if you have any questions.
:hookah:

Anytime.
I’ll be around if you have any questions.
:hookah:
I think I'm gonna wait on the clones. for one I don't have any clonex or any rooting material that I would need on hand. I'd more then likely be safe but since she's gonna be my first actual ever harvest one day cutting her now with my luck will stress her and hermie up. She has shown that after topping her 3 different times she responded quite well without any delay really. If anything once I topped she took off like a rocket. I'm currently running a couple white widows too that are going on 4 weeks old in a couple days. I'll definitely be taking cuttings from them.

*edit* did you use the same materials he used in the videos?

I think I'm gonna wait on the clones. for one I don't have any clonex or any rooting material that I would need on hand. I'd more then likely be safe but since she's gonna be my first actual ever harvest one day cutting her now with my luck will stress her and hermie up. She has shown that after topping her 3 different times she responded quite well without any delay really. If anything once I topped she took off like a rocket. I'm currently running a couple white widows too that are going on 4 weeks old in a couple days. I'll definitely be taking cuttings from them.

I used those little jiffy pods, rootech cloning gel, and Great White mica. Same soil mix I used for my plants.

Like I said, they can sit in the glass of water for weeks if they really had to.

8D914ED9-DA70-47F8-8594-D8E2AEA9B937.jpeg

You’ll kick yourself if it ends up being some fire and you didn’t save the genetics. I regret not keeping any clones from the Jack Herer.

Turned out to have really nice flowers. It’s just very thin and viney. It’d be bad ass to grow one up a vertical lattice like a grape vine.

Week 4
0188F7B3-9AD5-4914-854E-42938B464BFC.jpeg

Like I said, they can sit in the glass of water for weeks if they really had to.

8D914ED9-DA70-47F8-8594-D8E2AEA9B937.jpeg

You’ll kick yourself if it ends up being some fire and you didn’t save the genetics. I am over not keeping any clones from the Jack Herer.

Turned out to have really nice flowers. It’s just very thin and viney. It’d be bad ass to grow one up a vertical lattice like a grape vine.

Week 4
0188F7B3-9AD5-4914-854E-42938B464BFC.jpeg
Well I'm also running 3 together all from the same strain. I can't tell sex yet on 2 and 3 but if they go 50-50 I'll be taking them in the opposite end of my house to produce seeds to keep it going. If I had grows under my belt id probably take a few off her but I'm just worried about the slightest stress since I flipped her recently.

Checking on them today she's still stretching pretty fast. Is this the stretch they go through in flower even though she only has pistols pooping showing sex and not on the bus sites? Just wondering if this is just normal growth or her initial stretch. Each day I've been raising my light at least an inch. Plant 2 is really starting to show it's a male. BUMMER! plant 3 is still not showing positive signs yet of sex. Praying it's a female so I can breed 2 and 3. Pics to come tomorrow.

Yeah it’s probably just the initial stretch! Raising it everyday is probably promoting the extra growth during this stretch. It’s probably chasing the light :goof: Your eventual going to run out of room no? Maybe start raising it every two days and see if it slows down the initial stretch. How high are you as it sits from the top canopy to the light?

Yeah it’s probably just the initial stretch! Raising it everyday is probably promoting the extra growth during this stretch. It’s probably chasing the light :goof: Your eventual going to run out of room no? Maybe start raising it every two days and see if it slows down the initial stretch. How high are you as it sits from the top canopy to the light?
It's under the Mars Hydro so I'm just trying to keep it at recommended height. Im only doing it to keep it at that height and to make sure it don't burn. I'll keep the light at distance for extra day and just check for signs. She can grow to 6 ft before I'd start running Out of room vertically.

Keep up the good work!! :thumb: I actually forgot you bought the mars hydro light! You love it or what? They look like they’re awesome lights!!

Ya man just keep doing you! Everything’s on track!!
light is fantastic and I really like the white light instead of the blurple. I can imagine how the 2000 model is. About 4 weeks I'll be adding another one just to give maximum light output. Also for no buds on her she's really starting to smell my room up.

So I have my pots all on milk crates. Gonna be losing the crates and putting the pots on the floor. Looks like she grew like 3 inches last night. I'll get exact measurements later today. Gonna keep the light where it's at until I see any negative signs. Plant 2 is really showing its a male and verdict is still waiting on plant 3. There's small signs it's a female but still need a few days to know for sure. Gonna give them all a nice feed today besides the male. Fuck that guy.

Back
Top Bottom