First Time Grow & First Journal: 3 Unknown Same Strain LED Grow

light is fantastic and I really like the white light instead of the blurple. I can imagine how the 2000 model is. About 4 weeks I'll be adding another one just to give maximum light output. Also for no buds on her she's really starting to smell my room up.

Yeah man do it!!

Those white lights look fantastic!! Big difference from the blurple!

Measured a 1 and a half inch growth since last night. Taking them off the crates and dropping to the ground. Almost a full week since the flip. Things should really start picking up over the next few days. Her leaves are bigger then my hand. I'm 6ft on the dot so my hands aren't small. Introducing first flowering feed with next watering.
received_1121673184702359.jpeg
received_1816185075194924.jpeg

When is the next feeding? Don’t want to start adding bloom nutes until she’s pushing out a fair amount of pistils, fully into flower. I’m sure you were aware of that though I’ll go back to the :popcorn:

Your plants are looking nice and healthy:thumb:
Tuesday will be her next feeding. I was just going to feed her normal nutes as directed. The Fox farm soil schedule has me adding it in this feed but at a very small amount. Guess just to introduce it to her a little. .......they look healthy because people like you here taught me how to make them healthy. :high-five:

Tuesday will be her next feeding. I was just going to feed her normal nutes as directed. The Fox farm soil schedule has me adding it in this feed but at a very small amount. Guess just to introduce it to her a little. .......they look healthy because people like you here taught me how to make them healthy. :high-five:

Aww blush! :battingeyelashes:

Your in the drivers seat, your in complete control, we’re just hear to suggest, give you options, and help you along the way. This is all you my friend! Your honestly doing a great job! Keep it up!

Yeah that sounds like a good plan. By Tuesday she will probably be pushing out a good amount of pistils, might be a good time to introduce it. :thumb:

With the nutrients I use, in my three part system, I add bloom nutes into their feedings all the way from a seedling. I don’t use the recommended dose for seedling but I do add a small splash into it. I’ll post a picture if you don’t mind me doing so, it’s just of the directions on the back of my bottles, to give you an example.

I'm following the top 3. In my 3rd run after these and my widows are done I'll be also adding the ones in the purple as well as the normal top 3 with feedings. Eventually, I'll switch my nutes up and try different ones to find the ones I'm happy with using. Right now I seem to be getting great results but it's at the end what counts most. So in time were see. I'm also going to run doubles with different techniques and conditions to see what's the best. Gonna have tons of fun with it. But man this will be my first ever harvest so I'm super excited. Just gotta be patient lol.
Screenshot_20190724-134126.png

Chopped down plant 2 today. Thought about it for a little while and I don't want him anywhere near my house. Curiosity killed the cat....has anyone ever reused soil before?
@Emilya has I believe.

@Emilya has I believe.
It all depends on what is in your soil to begin with. I am sure that it won't shock anyone to learn that soil manufacturers build a sort of time bomb into their soils so that you keep coming back for more. Those who are not aware will find that a soil high in peat or sphagnum goes acidic after a few runs because of the breakdown of the moss and they throw the soil out when plants begin to stress out, when a good flush could bring that soil back into service.

Soil also wears out, in that the available nutrients have been depleted and in extreme cases the humus can break down and the soil loses its ability to clump together and hold organic materials. This soil too can be reclaimed in the compost pile, adding back the missing elements and adding organics and humic acid. I have been reusing my soil for about 6 years now, but I keep adding back a known base soil as well as raw elements in spikes and layers in all of my containers that get added back into the soil as the old container is reclaimed. Everything goes back into my soil, from plant trimmings to entire root balls, and nothing is wasted.

So most modern soils are good for 2 or 3 runs before needing to do anything drastic to them, but I would look into products like Earth Dust, that adds back the needed minerals periodically during the grow or look into mixes that you can cook into your soil over a couple of months to recharge it into an active supersoil. Until the actual structure of the soil breaks down and it can no longer hold oxygen or water, soil is but a medium... and if you are feeding out of a bottle, it matters little the quality of your soil beyond the water retention and flow through rate numbers.

It all depends on what is in your soil to begin with. I am sure that it won't shock anyone to learn that soil manufacturers build a sort of time bomb into their soils so that you keep coming back for more. Those who are not aware will find that a soil high in peat or sphagnum goes acidic after a few runs because of the breakdown of the moss and they throw the soil out when plants begin to stress out, when a good flush could bring that soil back into service.

Soil also wears out, in that the available nutrients have been depleted and in extreme cases the humus can break down and the soil loses its ability to clump together and hold organic materials. This soil too can be reclaimed in the compost pile, adding back the missing elements and adding organics and humic acid. I have been reusing my soil for about 6 years now, but I keep adding back a known base soil as well as raw elements in spikes and layers in all of my containers that get added back into the soil as the old container is reclaimed. Everything goes back into my soil, from plant trimmings to entire root balls, and nothing is wasted.

So most modern soils are good for 2 or 3 runs before needing to do anything drastic to them, but I would look into products like Earth Dust, that adds back the needed minerals periodically during the grow or look into mixes that you can cook into your soil over a couple of months to recharge it into an active supersoil. Until the actual structure of the soil breaks down and it can no longer hold oxygen or water, soil is but a medium... and if you are feeding out of a bottle, it matters little the quality of your soil beyond the water retention and flow through rate numbers.
I don't have any hands on making soils yet....in time I will though. Just using FFOF right now and only used it about 4 weeks. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't affect the new plant if I was to use some of the old soil. Id also be adding new soil with it too.

I don't have any hands on making soils yet....in time I will though. Just using FFOF right now and only used it about 4 weeks. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't affect the new plant if I was to use some of the old soil. Id also be adding new soil with it too.
I would give it a proper flush to wash out any salts that have accumulated during the grow as well as any broken down peat, and it will be good to go.

She's growing at an alarming rate. I'm assuming this is the stretch I've read about during flower? It's been a week today since the flip. She grew just under 2 inches since last night. Nearly a foot in growth in a few days. All her calyx have opened to show the hairs. Can't wait til she starts budding up. Still can't determine sex on the other. Checking every morning.

welcome to stretch! Your plant usually will double, and some leggy ones will triple in vertical height during this 2 week period. Looking great!
thank you. It's amazing how much she's growing. I'm lifting my lights daily now to stay in recommended height for the light. She looks good because there's awesome people here helping and teaching me how to make them look good. You truly have no idea how grateful I am to have you all here.

Back
Top Bottom