First Time Grow & First Journal: 3 Unknown Same Strain LED Grow

Looking great! A little off the top always does my girls well :thumb: Side note...TOTALLY jealous of your nonchalant attitude towards smell! I have a double carbon filter setup, a triple layer of tarps and a zipper doorway :laughtwo: working so far though, 3 weeks into flowering Gorilla glue with zero smell outside the closet :cool:
I think people would think there's something wrong if they came into my house and it didn't smell like pot :laughtwo:. I probably could grow outside no problem but knowing me id have an actual forest of plants so probably not the best idea for me.

@TheStonyRoller how often and when do you trim into flowering? I've done it once last week removing just a couple as im afraid to hermie her. Like if I fuxked up my own plant id probably have lifelong depression.....literally. I've seen a few journals where people do.it so it's not to big of a thing for me. Also how im.growing is something I threw together in an as needed basis. SO....in a few days I have a veg room and flower room and a seedlings box. But now I know the ropes im gonna move everything into my basement to be bigger and better so the use of tents or something I can build will be coming soon.

I did a two stage defoliation going into flowering. Once the week before starting 12/12 and again two weeks into 12/12. The second one was the biggest, as I could tell better which heads I wanted to keep. I took several clones at that point also, a couple of which are popping roots! :thumb: Lots of good info and videos out there, I was nervous at first too and needed reassurance :laughtwo:

I did a two stage defoliation going into flowering. Once the week before starting 12/12 and again two weeks into 12/12. The second one was the biggest, as I could tell better which heads I wanted to keep. I took several clones at that point also, a couple of which are popping roots! :thumb: Lots of good info and videos out there, I was nervous at first too and needed reassurance :laughtwo:
That was my reassurance just now too. I was gonna grab a clone or two myself but I got to much growing at the moment and know I'll run out of room.

Not sure why I haven't asked this before to anyone so with that being said....why does the smell of the plant now not smell anything remotely close to what the bud I got it from smelled like?
several reasons... the flowers that actually have the smell are not formed yet... its a green plant, and not cured bud...

Im bouncing back from this journal to my other one. Once i harvest everything i have running at the moment ill be and have been game planning to use around $2000 to upgrade everything from A to Z. Im currently vegging in a closet and flowering in another closet. I also habe a box i built years ago for my seedlings. This is everything im running at the moment. Things will be getting crazy my way over the next few months. Not only will i be running different strains ill also be looking to create my own. Thanks to everyone again who helped teach me what i know now. This is what im currently running all together. 2 unknown strain 3 white widows from nirvana 1 clone from my mother unknown 1 bubblegum that i didnt journal. That is for a friend of mine. 3 others i got from another grower i know. He breeds like crazy so theres no telling what I'm growing. What he does know about the 3 are mom was a whitw widow mom X northern lights dad that was crosses with pineapple chunk mom and girl scout dad. Like i said he makes all types of different strains.

20190812_152426.jpg
20190812_152416.jpg
20190812_152407.jpg
20190812_152351.jpg
20190812_152321.jpg
20190812_152307.jpg

Then take more than one - some insurance against wasted angst :)
If one doesn’t make it, but another does then the hand-wringing is not for nought.
Do it do it it doitdoitdoit....
The only thing stopping me is space honestly. At the moment between my 3 grow areas ( a perpetual I believe what it's called ) I have 10 plants going from 2 weeks into flower to one week.old seedlings. The problem here is that once I'm done growing these out im upgrading and moving my grow spaces to a larger area. So adding clones right now pushes me to past my available space. Bigger problem.is she is really good smoke. But I can get seeds for this strain again.

So.. in other words you have enough going on in your garden to mean one or two lower larfy bits won’t be missed? I can hear you agreeing with yourself. Just trying to help. Seeds are great - you’re lucky there! Cloning skills need honing. Get confident while there is no pressure. Practice. Give them away, juice them :D It might not matter.
One day you’ll have a plant you love and ... for whatever reason you need to root the only surviving branch ... you’ll be glad you practiced while it didn’t matter.
That’s what I reckon.

So.. in other words you have enough going on in your garden to mean one or two lower larfy bits won’t be missed? I can hear you agreeing with yourself. Just trying to help. Seeds are great - you’re lucky there! Cloning skills need honing. Get confident while there is no pressure. Practice. Give them away, juice them :D It might not matter.
One day you’ll have a plant you love and ... for whatever reason you need to root the only surviving branch ... you’ll be glad you practiced while it didn’t matter.
That’s what I reckon.
All my clones started popping roots today! Funny how it’s just as exciting as seeing pistols and crystals :woohoo:

I say, take some clones for practice...worst that happens, You’re successful and have to gift it to someone :high-five: sounds like you might know some good homes :thumb:

That’s what I reckon.
So.......i shall name her DeeDee's clone. Im going to take 2 total.

Attachments

• 20190812_173340.jpg
    20190812_173340.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 26
All my clones started popping roots today! Funny how it’s just as exciting as seeing pistols and crystals :woohoo:

I say, take some clones for practice...worst that happens, You’re successful and have to gift it to someone :high-five: sounds like you might know some good homes :thumb:
Yea i really didnt think about gifting it to someone. Who knows i may just grow them out and wait a few weeks to make the jump to upgrade. Gives me more time to plan it. Win win situation to me. Only problem is i didnt have any pots so im cutting the top off 2 liter bottles for a little bit til they root then ill transplant into larger ones once i see them root. Thanks @DonkeyDick and @TheStonyRoller .

Back
Top Bottom